Mid-season Draft discussion

I’m thinking pies. Surely he’s better than what they have now and that’s saying something.
Just saw on AFL.com...he's a UFA

Maybe we can get something similar in compo to what we got for Isaac? Not to Collingwood though; if compo is determined by contract, they have about $10,000 they can offer TOB.

TylerDurden

Mischief. Mayhem. Soap
Mar 5, 2007
Lou's Tavern
AFL Club
Hawthorn
IMG-20210603-WA0004.jpg

Jan 9, 2007
Country Vic
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
Golly... that has made my day, ******* hilarious

Yeah, the media and AFL clutching at straws here I think! Are they going to review the pre-season draft as well?

As far as I can fathom, it's only the National Draft that is an equalization measure. The MSD and PSD are more about facilitating player movement.

Everyone getting upset about the MSD seems to forget that all of those players have been passed over at least once by every single AFL club, with some players having been passed over numerous times. Why shouldn't a player be able to nominate their own terms in that instance? I mean, if their terms are unreasonable then they just won't get drafted (again).

Slick

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2004
Berwick
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I’d rather get Puopolo out of retirement then to draft Stengle. I know we desperately need small forwards, but Stengle has been sacked twice!
I'm just catching up on MSD chat, but wanted to point out that Stengle's only been sacked once. He left Richmond to join the Crows, I believe he was delisted, but it was just the function they used to pick him up. Richmond wanted to keep him.

That and nursed Boomer Harvey through to break the games record on the sly.

I don't care what the media says, we should name Silk the medical sub for the next season and a half and take it back 😤
You sure about that? Boomer I feel could have played on another year he never lost his pace.

That and nursed Boomer Harvey through to break the games record on the sly.

I don't care what the media says, we should name Silk the medical sub for the next season and a half and take it back 😤
Burgoyne would still be more than 30 games short of Boomers record.

He'd need to play 2023 also!

Back