Mid-season Draft - Wed, 1 June 2022.

Remove this Banner Ad

Massimo D’ambrosio

5/6/2003, 177cm, 75kg, defender/midfielder

Talented youngster from the Western Jets. D’ambrosio played solid football at NAB League level last year and was rewarded with a Vic trial game for his efforts.

D’ambrosio is smart, an excellent ball user by foot and has the flexibility to play multiple positions. The 18-year-old will train with Richmond while playing as a 19-year-old for the Jets again in 2022.

Tearing it for the Jets. Got given BOG on the weekend.

Massimo D’ambrosio

Talented youngster from the Western Jets. D’ambrosio played solid football at NAB League level last year and was rewarded with a Vic trial game for his efforts.

D’ambrosio is smart, an excellent ball user by foot and has the flexibility to play multiple positions. The 18-year-old will train with Richmond while playing as a 19-year-old for the Jets again in 2022.

Italian background, I'm sold get him in.

Massimo D’ambrosio

great another midget, we need tough bodies.

Think this is likely to happen… Caddy is already pulling out of games injured. Wouldn’t be surprised if we transition him into a coaching role.
I'd be very surprised if Caddy was given a coaching role.

I reckon he'll collect his salary until the end of the season and then we'll say goodbye.

AFL site has him injured with a hamstring 2-3 weeks
Caddy is forked
Signed his last contract when he was pretty comfortably beat 22 as well didn’t he?
Probably on some decentish coin

Would be best for the club for him to retire
Long odds that’ll happen imo. I know Grigga did it but can’t see Josh going down the same path.

We’d like to see it from a supporters perspective as it’d get us into the mid year draft but can’t blame a player for wanting to see out a contract. We’ve all got bills to pay

Long odds that’ll happen imo. I know Grigga did it but can’t see Josh going down the same path.

We’d like to see it from a supporters perspective as it’d get us into the mid year draft but can’t blame a player for wanting to see out a contract. We’ve all got bills to pay
Oh yeah there is no chance, just saying it would be ideal. Can't expect everyone to be as selfless as Grigga was, Obviously don't blame him for seeing out the contract, i would too

Oh yeah there is no chance, just saying it would be ideal. Can't expect everyone to be as selfless as Grigga was, Obviously don't blame him for seeing out the contract, i would too
He wouldn't be left dry. The club would pay out his contract.

Though cotchin/edwards/Lambert are all probably 1 decent injury from a premature retirement. Or if they see the writing on the wall for the season they may selflessly go early ala grigg.

Western Jets
#28 Massimo D’Ambrosio

The Jet’s skipper continued his fantastic start to the season with a best afield performance. Playing primarily off half-back, D’Ambrosio did as he pleased on his way to 31 disposals. His kicking and decision making was a cut above any other player on the ground, with the perfect blend of penetration and accuracy highlighting why he is so highly touted. D’Ambrosio attacked the ball gracefully, plucking it from traffic and weaving his way through. Clearly a classy footballer, he was able to set up the Jets with his pinpoint passes and used his run and carry to great effect. His kick to handball ratio (22 kicks, seven handballs) is no doubt something that his coaches would encourage, particularly given his placement on a half back flank. He is licensed to kick and kick aggressively, which was something that paid off consistently for his side. This was a brilliant, rounded performance, and is another notch in the belt for a player who is winning himself some fans during the opening rounds of this season.

Western Jets
#28 Massimo D’Ambrosio

The Jet’s skipper continued his fantastic start to the season with a best afield performance. Playing primarily off half-back, D’Ambrosio did as he pleased on his way to 31 disposals. His kicking and decision making was a cut above any other player on the ground, with the perfect blend of penetration and accuracy highlighting why he is so highly touted. D’Ambrosio attacked the ball gracefully, plucking it from traffic and weaving his way through. Clearly a classy footballer, he was able to set up the Jets with his pinpoint passes and used his run and carry to great effect. His kick to handball ratio (22 kicks, seven handballs) is no doubt something that his coaches would encourage, particularly given his placement on a half back flank. He is licensed to kick and kick aggressively, which was something that paid off consistently for his side. This was a brilliant, rounded performance, and is another notch in the belt for a player who is winning himself some fans during the opening rounds of this season.
What was the knock on him last year? What stopped him from being drafted?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nathan Freeman still playing?

I wouldn't be against the club taking Mykelti Lefau. Being a part timer from overseas as well as covid his development has really suffered. He's got a lot of god given athletic traits that could see him turn into anything and has shown plenty of glimpses. Not to mention the article below that tells how he kicked 25 goals in a single game. This Mykelti is still raw but I reckon as a full timer he could iron out any flaws he has and pick up the nuances of the game. I reckon he's worth the gamble. Either him or Josh Green so him and Tom can share bunkbeds and carpool to training.

/Mykelti's magical day | Pakenham Gazette

Mykelti’s magical day​

06/09/2016

https://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?u=https://pakenham.starcommunity.com.au/gazette/2016-09-06/mykelti-is-really-kicking-goals/
https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?text=Mykelti’s+magical+day&url=https://pakenham.starcommunity.com.au/gazette/2016-09-06/mykelti-is-really-kicking-goals/&via=PakenhamGazette

Mykelti Lefau kicked a staggering 25 of his side's 28 goals in a SFL Under 19s game recently. 158952 Picture: RUSSELL BENNETT
By Russell Bennett
PAKENHAM teenager Mykelti Lefau takes everything in his stride – it’s plain to see with his happy-go-lucky attitude and calm demeanour.
Perhaps it’s for that reason that he hasn’t made a huge deal about just what he accomplished on 27 August for the St Kilda City Under 19s against Carrum Patterson Lakes in their Southern Football League clash at Roy Dore Reserve.
The Saints powered to a huge win – 28.10(178) to 2.2(14), but that’s just the start of the story because Mykelti, who was born and raised in Auckland and is in just his fourth year of footy, kicked 25 of those 28 goals.
There were only five goals for the entire match that didn’t come from Mykelti’s boot, but if that feat wasn’t remarkable enough – he normally plays in the midfield.
He’s got a hulking 6’4” frame that belies his speed and agility and his pure brute strength allows him to split packs and shrug off tackles with ease.
Mykelti, a former Pakenham junior under Warren ‘Cowboy’ Cawcutt, is in his first year with the Saints alongside a group of his mates – Josiah Laakulu, Leon Mateariki, Jeremy Dang, Fabricko and Febrick Addi, and Nathan Dawson – all local boys. Nathan Johns, another local, is their coach.
Mykelti and his mates car pool to games right across the expansive Southern competition, but he then has to find his way to his rugby league games each Saturday afternoon. Yes, he plays Under 19 footy and Under 18 rugby league on the same day.
Mykelti’s performance against Carrum Patterson Lakes is already the stuff of legend – he last week sat comfortably on top of the weekly goal kicking list on the SportsTG community of local footy websites.
But he’ll leave it up to others to make a fuss about it. All he wants to do is keep improving in his footy enough to make scouts stand up and take notice.
It’s safe to say they already have.
Though not usually a stay-at-home forward, Mykelti was stationed inside the forward 50 against Carrum because his coach thought he had a shot at winning the league goal kicking award. How right he was.
His 25-goal haul – plus his three on the weekend against Oakleigh District – takes his season tally to 72 through just 15 games. That includes hauls of 11 goals in late May, and two others of eight. Again, he’s not usually a full-forward.
“The coach told me I needed 14 goals (to win the league goal kicking) – he worked it all out,” the 18-year-old SEDA student said of his game against Carrum.
“I needed 14 to get on top but then I had 10 and it wasn’t even half-time yet.
“In the first quarter I had five and I thought I was on track, and then in the second quarter I destroyed this guy and they had to switch him.
“The other team was cracking up – they were laughing.
“I don’t even think about the game but everyone else reminds me. I don’t make a big deal about it. I got fed pretty well.
“Half of them were from really good delivery but the other half were just really weird. There was one where the ball went to ground and it was around the point post and obviously they were trying to rush it. There were two of them there – one was trying to shepherd me and when the other kid went to rush it behind I slipped around him and grabbed him. He was holding the ball and I picked him and the ball up together and he let it go and I just kicked it. Everyone was laughing – even their own team mates. I felt bad for them.
“I just ripped the ball out of this guy’s hands. That was a really weird goal, that one, but what I hated was that I had to go and get it myself.
“I had to do it 25 times! It was like I was doing fitness tests.”
And the scariest thing – Mykelti is still rapidly improving, being so new to the game. Heaven help anyone trying to stop him in the years to come!
Not overly prominent at vfl ,doubt he’d be picked

Massimo D’ambrosio

He won’t be eligible for mid season , looks a prospect though

Not overly prominent at vfl ,doubt he’d be picked

Lefau is an interesting one I think. Probably more likely to get picked up after a full season in the VFL in the rookie draft. He is 24 years, 4 months old right now, so not a kid, but he sits in a great age group for what we should be targeting. Our list at present has:

29 or older = 12 players

28yo’s Vlastuin

27yo’s Nankervis, Aarts

26yo’s Short, Parker, Soldo

25yo’s Castagna, Big Rioli

24yo’s Baker, Graham *Lefau sits around these guys' ages.

23yo’s Bolton

22 or younger = 19 players.

Only 11 players in the 6 year prime age span 23-28. He is 195cm’s, 96kg’s and an eye-catching athlete, so there are likely a few roles he could slot into including key positions. His rd 4 VFL report was also encouraging remembering he played deep forward:

Rd 4:

Mykelti Lefau (eight disposals, three tackles, one goal)

"He definitely had more of an impact than you would expect from an eight-possession game. The pressure that he puts on is incredible. He's lightning-quick and he also was a part of a great passage of play to unselfishly pass off to Kane Lambert for a goal.”

Rd 3:
Mykelti Lefau (eight disposals, four marks)

"Mykelti is really close to breaking a game a part. He needs to tidy up his ball-handling and touch but he is a really exciting player in the making.”

Rd 2:
Mykelti Lefau (11 disposals, five tackles)

"Took a couple of really strong contested marks. He didn't finish his work off in front of goal, but he tried hard all day.”

Rd 1:

Mykelti Lefau (12 disposals, six tackles, two goals)

"He's a really exciting prospect. He hit packs hard, tackled hard, and kicked a couple of goals on debut to go with it.”

Lightning quick 195cm guys who tackle well and hit packs hard, can take contested grabs and are unselfish don’t grow on garden shrubs so I would keep an eye on this bloke. It is not out of the question they are playing him deep forward to keep him out of Dodoro’s cross-hairs either. My guess is with it being unlikely you could pick up a quality mid in the MSD, or in the rookie draft, this might be exactly the type of player we will be after, and exactly the right age group for us.

AFL site has him injured with a hamstring 2-3 weeks
Caddy is forked
Dimma said in his presser he did it first 2 minutes of the game

Kristen Wiig Cooking GIF by Barb & Star Go To Vista Del Mar

Nathan Freeman much better this week, 31 disposals, 2 goals

Most likely, Besides i reckon theres a reason he is playing at the crows sanfl team, if any one is picking him up its them
Gotta be something more

Two afl clubs, tore apart the vfl and trained with the Gold Coast pre season yet no afl call up again

Remove this Banner Ad

Back