List Mgmt. Mid-Season Draft - Who do we take?

Remove this Banner Ad

We won't take anyone, particularly not a guy getting ready for ammos footy.

I called it in the other thread.

Watch us select Matty Wright. The excuse will be that he's trained with the main group.

Does taking someone in the mid-season draft give us any rights to them next year or would they just go back to the open draft?
Once they're on your list, they are a rookie listed player and require the same decisions as to their future as all other players do. Could re-rookie list, delist or promote on to the senior list if so inclined.

Once they're on your list, they are a rookie listed player and require the same decisions as to their future as all other players do. Could re-rookie list, delist or promote on to the senior list if so inclined.
Interesting.

If Jy Farrer or Ash Johnson follow the same path as Shane McAdam this could be a sneaky good way of getting them onto our list for cheap.

Ruckman has to be the priority - should've addressed it in the off-season already.

Give ROB a ~4 week bloke to see if he's up to it, if not, Ruckman.

If someone from the club rang Cheney I reckon he would hang up.

Still not sure why we got rid of him, he's decent depth, at worst.

Ruckman has to be the priority - should've addressed it in the off-season already.
Stuff rucks. If 666 put in that monster Hunter.
It’s either be a back or a mid

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't pick anyone to force us to use the perfectly capable players we already have on the list in basically every
position
Maybe
List spot available for the Dude, so just go there.
Literal sarcasm has some plaudits but doesn’t answer everything

I wouldn't pick anyone to force us to use the perfectly capable players we already have on the list in basically every position

I agree with this.

I ******* hate the concept of the mid-season draft.

There are enough players on the list that a team should have coverage; if they choose not to do this, and have an unbalanced list, they should pay the price if something goes wrong.

If he could actually get on the ground to play regularly, 29 going on 30 year old with a history of recurring hamstrings issues in later seasons.....Hmmmm

I called it in the other thread.

Watch us select Matty Wright. The excuse will be that he's trained with the main group.
Don't like my suggestion of Mitch Podhajski?
3rd Tall defender/forward/midfielder 190cm 87kg.
I saw him play all 3 roles named above with distinction for the Calder Cannons in the TAC Comp and he backed that up with some very good performances whenever he got the call up to Coburg in the VFL. I particularly liked him at the Cannons as the 3rd tall intercepting defender where he played a very similar role to Doedee for us. Already very mature body wise and a great leader when captaining the Cannons. Could also transition into that big bodied mid a lot of the posters on here covet.

Suiting up for Coburg in the VFL this season.

https://coburgfc.com.au/podhajski-commits-to-coburg-while-looking-to-develop-as-a-midfielder/

I agree with this.

There are enough players on the list that a team should have coverage; if they choose not to do this, and have an unbalanced list, they should pay the price if something goes wrong.
I agree with you on the mid season draft but while it's there we should use it if there is a player that fits a need because sure as hell other AFL clubs will.

I agree with this.

The development yard is the development yard. If you can grab someone with experience and tie them in with the inexperienced you might thrust up then I’m fine with it.

Don't like my suggestion of Mitch Podhajski?
3rd Tall defender/forward/midfielder 190cm 87kg.
I saw him play all 3 roles named above with distinction for the Calder Cannons in the TAC Comp and he backed that up with some very good performances whenever he got the call up to Coburg in the VFL. I particularly liked him at the Cannons as the 3rd tall intercepting defender where he played a very similar role to Doedee for us. Already very mature body wise and a great leader when captaining the Cannons. Could also transition into that big bodied mid a lot of the posters on here covet.

Suiting up for Coburg in the VFL this season.

https://coburgfc.com.au/podhajski-commits-to-coburg-while-looking-to-develop-as-a-midfielder/

I'd be happy with that. A free hit at a project player.

I suspect we'll take the easy option though.

I wouldn't pick anyone to force us to use the perfectly capable players we already have on the list in basically every position
100% agree with that.

Unless you're crippled with injury there's no need to even go there.

What we need is an aggressive, fit, 210cm, 120kg ruckman to go and make a physical presence at every contest. I'm not too concerned about his kicking skills, but he can nullify an opposition ruck at any time while throwing his weight around. It might even show Sauce how it's done.

Now, is there someone like that around?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back