List Mgmt. Mid-Season Draft - Who do we take?

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone think the Crows will just essentially upgrade Jordan Boyle from the top-up list to the rookie list?
Has pretty much played SANFL most weeks this year and played the 2nd half of last year, so has been in the system a while.
Decent production as well in the midfield depending on his role, had a 30 possession game last year and has had some mid-20 possession games.
Don't know whether he could ever step up to AFL though as a Lachlan Murphy type trier?

I suggested Boyle a few days ago. I prefer to take a big raw ruckman called Jack Blair from NA though.

Gregson kept getting injured at Geelong though.

I like Boyle as a top up but we already have enough depth for his position.

I'd prefer the club be looking at KPF and Rucks.

Full list

Mid-season rookie draft medical testing list

Ajang Ajang (East Perth)
Frank Anderson (Northern Blues)
Daly Andrews (Western Jets)
Ray Connellan (Essendon VFL)
Josh Deluca (Subiaco)
Lochlan Dickson (Coburg)
Kyle Dunkley (Gippsland)
Oliver Eastland (Claremont)
Cory Gregson (Glenelg)
Brady Grey (West Coast WAFL)
Mitch Hibberd (Williamstown)
Cody Hirst (Eastern Ranges)
Lachlan Hosie (Glenelg)
Sam Lowson (Coburg)
Jack Mayo (Subiaco)
Declan Mountford (Claremont)
John Noble (West Adelaide)
Matt Nunn (Norwood)
Marlion Pickett (South Fremantle)
Jarvis Pina (Peel Thunder)
Mitch Riordan (Dandenong)
Adam Tipungwuti (NT Thunder)

The player there that appeals most to me is the Western Jets Daly Andrews 184cm 80kg - a lightning quick outside mid/winger/half back/half forward with an exceptionally long penetrating kick that offers a heap of run and carry, not surprised there's interest. thought he was very stiff to not get drafted, did a hammie at the 2018 Chammpionships which no doubt didn't help.

The other one I could see Hamish having an interest in is former Kangaroo Mitch Hibberd 192 cm 87kg - a tall midfielder/half back, drafted from Tasmania, another with reasonable speed, excellent endurance and a particularly penetrating kick. Has had a history of shoulder issues both before drafted and at the Roos, very highly rated in his draft year, our own Jeffcrowe was right into him back then.

Anyone interested in seeing what Daly Andrews has to offer there's a highlight reel in the AFL's 2018 Draft Tracker just go to the complete list and you'll find him under the A's

https://www.afl.com.au/draft/draft-tracker

Last edited:
Full list

Mid-season rookie draft medical testing list

Ajang Ajang (East Perth)
Frank Anderson (Northern Blues)
Daly Andrews (Western Jets)
Ray Connellan (Essendon VFL)
Josh Deluca (Subiaco)
Lochlan Dickson (Coburg)
Kyle Dunkley (Gippsland)
Oliver Eastland (Claremont)
Cory Gregson (Glenelg)
Brady Grey (West Coast WAFL)
Mitch Hibberd (Williamstown)
Cody Hirst (Eastern Ranges)
Lachlan Hosie (Glenelg)
Sam Lowson (Coburg)
Jack Mayo (Subiaco)
Declan Mountford (Claremont)
John Noble (West Adelaide)
Matt Nunn (Norwood)
Marlion Pickett (South Fremantle)
Jarvis Pina (Peel Thunder)
Mitch Riordan (Dandenong)
Adam Tipungwuti (NT Thunder)

The player there that appeals most to me is the Western Jets Daly Andrews 184cm 80kg - a lightning quick outside mid/winger/half back/half forward with an exceptionally long penetrating kick that offers a heap of run and carry, not surprised there's interest. thought he was very stiff to not get drafted, did a hammie at the 2018 Chammpionships which no doubt didn't help.

The other one I could see Hamish having an interest in is former Kangaroo Mitch Hibberd 192 cm 87kg - a tall midfielder/half back, drafted from Tasmania, another with reasonable speed, excellent endurance and a particularly penetrating kick. Has had a history of shoulder issues both before drafted and at the Roos, very highly rated in his draft year, our own Jeffcrowe was right into him back then.

Anyone interested in seeing what Daly Andrews has to offer there's a highlight reel in the AFL's 2018 Draft Tracker just go to the complete list and you'll find him under the A's

https://www.afl.com.au/draft/draft-tracker
I’m actually not sure we need to take anyone just play the ones we’ve got

I’m actually not sure we need to take anyone just play the ones we’ve got
I'd draft Bushies athletic big man 19 Y.O. Ben Kelly Ruck/KPD and look to move Paul Hunter and Andy Otten on at season's end if it was up to me, our KPD situation is a list weakness IMO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we were going to take anyone in this draft, I'd take a mature age player, no real use taking a younger guy mid-season and not getting a pre-season of development into him. Hibberd is probably the one that interests me the most, I was a huuuuuge fan of him in his draft year and was actually an advocate of taking him with the Doedee pick, but his injury history might work against him

I said it previously I would take John Noble because of his pace and he'll get picked up in the main draft next year so why not pick him up cheap this year.
Now I know Lachlan Hosie is in serious consideration I would not be upset if he was our pick. Great mark, very mobile and a good size who plays with aggression and attitude.
Bit of a knob with some of his after goal celebrations (from an opponents point of view) but a really talented footballer who could play both ends if need be. Always in the game and a slick mover, I'm a fan of this kid.

Probably hasn't done his chances any harm of getting an AFL crack with a B.O.G. for the Croweaters against the Sandgropers on the weekend. South Adelaide going to be mighty pissed off if he gets taken but I'd think.

SANFL 4.1 8.1 14.2 16.4 (100)
WAFL 4.4 8.5 10.8 13.15 (93)
LEADING DISPOSALS – SANFL: Tropiano 28, Foote, Noble 24, Barry 23, Stevens 22, Pearce 21, Allmond 20, Snelling 19, Rose 18, Proud 17.
WAFL: Horsley 32, Deluca 29, Botlon 28, Nelson 24, Mitchell 23, Delahunty 21, Gault 20.
GOALS – SANFL: Beech 4, Barry, Foote, Hender, Hoskin, Menzel 2, Snelling, Stevens.
WAFL: Sokol 4, Bennell 3, Horsley, Schloithe 2, Deluca, Ugle.
FOS WILLIAMS MEDAL – Michael Knoll (South Adelaide)
SIMPSON MEDAL – Josh Deluca

Probably hasn't done his chances any harm of getting an AFL crack with a B.O.G. for the Croweaters against the Sandgropers on the weekend. South Adelaide going to be mighty pissed off if he gets taken but I'd think.

SANFL 4.1 8.1 14.2 16.4 (100)
WAFL 4.4 8.5 10.8 13.15 (93)
LEADING DISPOSALS – SANFL: Tropiano 28, Foote, Noble 24, Barry 23, Stevens 22, Pearce 21, Allmond 20, Snelling 19, Rose 18, Proud 17.
WAFL: Horsley 32, Deluca 29, Botlon 28, Nelson 24, Mitchell 23, Delahunty 21, Gault 20.
GOALS – SANFL: Beech 4, Barry, Foote, Hender, Hoskin, Menzel 2, Snelling, Stevens.
WAFL: Sokol 4, Bennell 3, Horsley, Schloithe 2, Deluca, Ugle.
FOS WILLIAMS MEDAL – Michael Knoll (South Adelaide)
SIMPSON MEDAL – Josh Deluca

Jarrod Allmond from North Adelaide would easily slot into the Rats position. He is a big ball winner and a massive booming left foot kick. I never understood how he was never drafted . Maybe his poor attitude but certainly has talent.

Last edited:
Jarrod Allmond from North Adelaide would easily slot into the Rats position. He is a big ball winner and a massive booming left foot kick. I never understood how he was never drafted . Maybe his poor attitude but certainly has talent.
Definitely not a poor attitude ripping lad. Comes from a great family. But dont think he has nominated

I wouldn't draft Noble, he's DMAC reincarnated.

Hibbert is from Tasmania, eh? He had Haimish at 'Tasmania ".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back