List Mgmt. Mid-Season Draft - Who do we take?

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe not to your myopic little world and there is why your point lacks any wider focus or merit. It’s Olympic standard navel gazing that even a Victorian would be envious of.
What you also fail to acknowledge is that in “most other sports” they have such a thing as transfer fees and sell players like cattle, both don’t apply here, hence the bastardisation by the AFL.
Your points are just so innately dumb it’s hard to fathom, they are so narrowly focused in their appraisal that it’s hard not to think you’re not Michaelangelo Rucci.
Wow, that was a lot of words for no content.

I'm happy for some transfer fees. No problem.

Everything else you posted is empty sentiment.

The SANFL, WAFL, VFL and TSL are all Pro-Am minor leagues. Their main role now is to be part of the infrastructure that supports the AFL. If they're a league for players that don't make it, the last thing they should do is stand in the way of players who maybe still have a chance.

Bullshit, we’ll take Matty Wright because we reward players who have done good things for the club over a long period.

Are you starting to come to terms with the fact that Sauce is locked in all year? We looked good when he was off, but when Mr Cooked returned it was for 100% TOG. Got his rests as a KPF. It’s just how we roll and it has zero to do with the form of the players that could replace him. Sauce has a gold pass and you were wrong.
The good thing about the Big Footy app is it now really hides posters that you've blocked.

You have to click a few times to see blocked posts and remind yourself why you blocked someone.

Highly recommend.

The good thing about the Big Footy app is it now really hides posters that you've blocked.

You have to click a few times to see blocked posts and remind yourself why you blocked someone.

Highly recommend.
I find scrolling past easier.

Highly recommend.

Sorry, not sure the relevance. Are you saying that I’m blocked, if so, the app seems to be failing you. I don’t use it and the 1 dickwad I have blocked doesn’t show on the ordinary version, not sure why the app would be necessary. Are you commenting as Kristof or your politics thread alias? Are you ok?

Bullshit, we’ll take Matty Wright because we reward players who have done good things for the club over a long period.

Are you starting to come to terms with the fact that Sauce is locked in all year? We looked good when he was off, but when Mr Cooked returned it was for 100% TOG. Got his rests as a KPF. It’s just how we roll and it has zero to do with the form of the players that could replace him. Sauce has a gold pass and you were wrong.
We won't take Wright because he doesn't want to play AFL footy.

And no he isn't locked in all season, don't be shocked if he misses this week.

You're too cynical for me on a Sunday morning

Why so?
He’ll still be eligible for sturt when not playing afl
If those rules are confirmed and he plays all year at Sturt then maybe, otherwise I’m not willing to lose a good talk forward/ruck as we are thin in that area.
The club is bigger than the individual.

I wonder if Sturt's stance will make future AFL ambition players like McAdam choose to play somewhere else?

It's already happening. Edwards went to the VFL, and it makes sense that if you want to be picked up you'd get over to where most AFL clubs are based.

For delisted players looking for another shot I can see why you'd choose the VFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Griggy with 3 votes to start the year. A third Magarey coming up. The best player in the comp but don't think he wants to play AFL again.

(double click to reveal hidden post)

Sorry, not sure the relevance. Are you saying that I’m blocked, if so, the app seems to be failing you. I don’t use it and the 1 dickwad I have blocked doesn’t show on the ordinary version, not sure why the app would be necessary. Are you commenting as Kristof or your politics thread alias? Are you ok?

Glad I revealed this one too.

Politics thread alias? I'm sorry?

If those rules are confirmed and he plays all year at Sturt then maybe, otherwise I’m not willing to lose a good talk forward/ruck as we are thin in that area.
The club is bigger than the individual.
No, you misunderstand. The club GAINS a tall forward/ruck. It's only the minor league team that would potentially lose him.

Griggy with 3 votes to start the year. A third Magarey coming up. The best player in the comp but don't think he wants to play AFL again.

I highly doubt any AFL club would be interested even if he did. There is a massive difference between dominating the SANFL and being a quality AFL player. Especially someone who was in the system for a very long time and was chewed out by it.

I highly doubt any AFL club would be interested even if he did. There is a massive difference between dominating the SANFL and being a quality AFL player. Especially someone who was in the system for a very long time and was chewed out by it.
Im happy to have Griggy dominate for my legs anyway. But the whole point of a mid season draft is for clubs to be able to fill a spot of need. If a club is in desperate need of a inside mid with a booming kick who is the best player in the country outside the AFL. Then why wouldnt a club look at him.

Clearly we take the best draft prospect who was overlooked in a previous year. Would be dumb not to.

Plenty of very good players were overlooked once or more - and by the middle of the next season it was clear they would be picked up next year.

Im happy to have Griggy dominate for my legs anyway. But the whole point of a mid season draft is for clubs to be able to fill a spot of need. If a club is in desperate need of a inside mid with a booming kick who is the best player in the country outside the AFL. Then why wouldnt a club look at him.

Because he's previously failed. AFL clubs won't opt for the body they'll have to delist in the off-season, there will need to be upside in picking up someone from a SANFL/VFL club. Otherwise, you're wasting your time selecting them.

This draft will end up more being directed at youngsters who have missed being drafted, and bounced back then taking the cream of the state leagues. The cream is there for a reason and for the most part it's because they didn't cut it.

Hugo Munn could easily end up being a qualtiy KPP, and if he goes well for the first bit of the season a fair few clubs will be lining up for him

Clearly we take the best draft prospect who was overlooked in a previous year. Would be dumb not to.

Plenty of very good players were overlooked once or more - and by the middle of the next season it was clear they would be picked up next year.
Agreed, it’s a smart strategy, every year there are players overlooked who get picked up the following year. Instead of paying a premium you get them cheap and you’ve had half a season to track them.

Why, because I want to protect the interests of my club and the list they’ve created at the start of the year from being f***ed over for the half arsed fleeting interest from another club in another competition with no compensation in return?

Nothing wrong with that - we're all looking out for the interests of our club. And for the AFC i hope it's topping up our injury depleted squad.

If only this bloke was available, would slot straight in you'd think :p

jason-torney-for-the-crows-in-action-during-the-round-four-afl-match-picture-id52647077

Remove this Banner Ad

Back