List Mgmt. Mid-Season Draft - Who do we take?

Remove this Banner Ad

Couldn’t do much worse than Menzel up forward right now. Was always disappointed we never really gave him a crack given his obvious talent. We all know he didn’t try enough but maybe if he was in the side he would’ve had motive.
Yeah shame it didn't work out as those sort of mobile hybrid medium sized forwards are having an impact around the league - Greene, Caddy, DeGoey, Sexton.

Disappearing back to the amateurs clearly shows that something isn't (or wasn't) right with his attitude. Either avoiding scrutiny, hard work or both.

I wonder if Port would give him a lifeline?

Yeah shame it didn't work out as those sort of mobile hybrid medium sized forwards are having an impact around the league - Greene, Caddy, DeGoey, Sexton.

Disappearing back to the amateurs clearly shows that something isn't (or wasn't) right with his attitude. Either avoiding scrutiny, hard work or both.

I wonder if Port would give him a lifeline?
Probably not port given Gray is full time up forward these days. And Rozee up there too.

Couldn’t do much worse than Menzel up forward right now. Was always disappointed we never really gave him a crack given his obvious talent. We all know he didn’t try enough but maybe if he was in the side he would’ve had motive.
I've never seen a player make good leads only to get burned as much as Menzel playing at both AFL and SANFL level for us.

We refused to give him a chance and now we could use a player with his talent

I've never seen a player make good leads only to get burned as much as Menzel playing at both AFL and SANFL level for us.

We were very hasty in delisting him too, thought at the time it was harsh as was doing ok at SANFL level. There was even talk of bringing him into the GF side.

Jack Stephens from Sturt one of Mattners boys looks to be going ok this year 191cm 89kgs 3rd tall def interceptor isn’t he? Coming off 25 touches with 16 marks yesterday?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jack Stephens from Sturt one of Mattners boys looks to be going ok this year 191cm 89kgs 3rd tall def interceptor isn’t he? Coming off 25 touches with 16 marks yesterday?
As a mature aged player and a well paying job behind him I very much doubt he’d give it a thought.

I think that this mid season draft is a great chance to look at a mid to tall defender as not too many options there with Otten demise and Kelly and Hartigan a concern. Worth to look at and at least add another player to our depleted SANFl with 8-9 players out injured

Hutchesson our top up got BOG against Centrals on the weekend . Fast, smooth and good skills , would def try to get him in if he is a possibility under the mid season draft rules .

Hutchesson our top up got BOG against Centrals on the weekend . Fast, smooth and good skills , would def try to get him in if he is a possibility under the mid season draft rules .
Why? We won’t play him. If we are to take someone they need to be able to impact and come straight into the team. Like VFL/SANFL/WAFL best and fairest types ala Tim Kelly. Has to be someone out there like that.

Agreed. He was probably on about $400K during his initial three year contract but we could've retained him for peanuts.

And as 1990crow alluded to, I reckon he would've been better value than Otten in the GF.

Why? We won’t play him. If we are to take someone they need to be able to impact and come straight into the team. Like VFL/SANFL/WAFL best and fairest types ala Tim Kelly. Has to be someone out there like that.
Well that’s the thing I was that impressed with him that I actually think he looked a more natural footballer than anyone we have on our list, I’m talking about his movements , he actually was smooth like Tim Kelly whom you mention. Don’t know what his fitness is like but he did get approx 28 touches on the weekend .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back