Preview Mid Season Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not talking tanking ala Demons. But winning shouldn't be our sole purpose. eg, resting Taz for the odd game can help to make sure he's cherry ripe for next year, while giving SammyD and BMac a chance to play together with our other defenders. Give Brown more time in the middle to work on his ruck skills. Give Ahern, Simpkin, LDU time in the middle together. These are things that we wouldn't do if we just wanted to win, but will help us win next year and for years to come.
Agree - Larkey, LDU, Ahern, Simpkin, Durdin, Zurhaar, Thomas all should be getting plenty of games this this. Find out who can cut it at the top level. This is the next group to drive us towards a premiership.

Agree - Larkey, LDU, Ahern, Simpkin, Durdin, Zurhaar, Thomas all should be getting plenty of games this this. Find out who can cut it at the top level. This is the next group to drive us towards a premiership.
Larkey and Zurhaar shouldn't miss a game from here on in. Simpkin needs plenty of midfield time. Ahern, LDU, Scott, Taylor and Thomas should all be on rotation with resting 1 or 2 of them as needed.

I'm not talking tanking ala Demons. But winning shouldn't be our sole purpose. eg, resting Taz for the odd game can help to make sure he's cherry ripe for next year, while giving SammyD and BMac a chance to play together with our other defenders. Give Brown more time in the middle to work on his ruck skills. Give Ahern, Simpkin, LDU time in the middle together. These are things that we wouldn't do if we just wanted to win, but will help us win next year and for years to come.

is this a typo? i'm going to assume this is a typo.

is this a typo? i'm going to assume this is a typo.
Not at all. Brown is best on the lead, so when we have a stoppage inside the F50 he's nun and avoid. He should be taking all the taps for inside 50 stoppages so he needs to work on it. Plus, if Brown can give Gold a chop out it will be a big plus.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's inevitable. I'll cheer on the boys each week but I'm not cheering on the continuation of mediocrity.

I could stomach a near wooden spoon finish, because at least we have draft picks to prepare for the future.

But a mid-table finish is a punch in the guts, gets us nowhere. Its foolish trying to compete at this point unless you know for a fact the season can be turned around.

Judging by our draw/fixture; its a very tall order.

Brown should never ruck.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Absolutely correct. Imagine the furore here if Benny did an ACL, landing awkwardly after a ruck contest. He has already had one ACL and that may indicate a predisposition towards that sort of injury. He should be used only as a forward. Larkey can assume the second ruck duties when Goldy needs a spell.

And speaking of Larkey, if I'm not mistaken we had our most productive period of the game on Sunday when he was in the ruck in the third quarter.

That's quite the combination. Was he conflicted between nominating for the draft vs a Rhodes Scholarship?
Yale didnt have an Aussie Rules scholarship so he took the Croquet one and completed a Cert IV in Brain Surgery..

I could stomach a near wooden spoon finish, because at least we have draft picks to prepare for the future.

But a mid-table finish is a punch in the guts, gets us nowhere. Its foolish trying to compete at this point unless you know for a fact the season can be turned around.

Judging by our draw/fixture; its a very tall order.[/QUOTE

I can handle a low finish on the condition that selection and coaching decisions are based on 2021 and not coaching contracts. We need to get games into LDU, TT, Bailey Scott, Nick Larky, Will Walker when he is available, and one of Durdin or McKay. We should look to give Curtis a couple of games over the season see whether Haydon has a future in the AFL team.

Spoke with a recruiter tonight:
Massive wrap for Dunkley.
Also former basketball player Michael Knoll is improving every game and he expects him to be one of the ruckmen taken.
Loves Lowson, has massive upside and said would improve again in an elite program. Said we are supposedly very keen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back