Preview Mid Season Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

I could stomach a near wooden spoon finish, because at least we have draft picks to prepare for the future.

But a mid-table finish is a punch in the guts, gets us nowhere. Its foolish trying to compete at this point unless you know for a fact the season can be turned around.

Judging by our draw/fixture; its a very tall order.
Development plus wins is best. My feeling is that Scott will go on coaching next year if he shoots growths in your players and keeps the confidence up in the minds of the aged. Only deducing, but the board should have demanded the justification of the list (we have played the most players of any club this year without significant injuries) and that the team is coached for success beyond the end of his contract. May middle this year but a first round draft pick is not the goal. Won't be many changes over next preseason and Scott will back in the squad next year to keep his job. This year is about development, but why the hell would anyone want to lose? It is a contest whatever players are out there or coaches coaching. This middling stuff is rubbish. You win as many games as you can

We have the old 8 point game this week.
Yep , I’d love to win this if only to just slightly rub it in Blakey’s face .But if Sydney can get back to that manic pressure they’re known for then our handball centric game plan will be turn over city & down in windy Hobart their small forwards will cut us shreds when the ball hits the deck .

Not at all. Brown is best on the lead, so when we have a stoppage inside the F50 he's nun and avoid. He should be taking all the taps for inside 50 stoppages so he needs to work on it. Plus, if Brown can give Gold a chop out it will be a big plus.
he's best on the lead but he's also our best chance for a mark from a quick kick into space from a stoppage. he should be put on the goal line when there is a inside 50 stoppage and running into space, not going for the ruck contest.

Daw can give Goldy a chop out in the ruck, not a chance in hell i'd want to risk Brown's knee going up for ruck contests. Leave one of the best forwards in the comp where he should be, in the forward line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One would have to make a judgement call, whether it was worth "winning" the spoon, in terms of which player would be available with pick 1 vs pick 4.
In that example, is Raynor clearly better choice than LDU? And would he be worth us picking an inferior side for that game.

And odds are we would have picked LDU anyway.

Brown is actually not a bad ruck these days. He's a bit stronger in the body now. He's been okay in the ruck inside 50 this year, no issues for me with him keeping that up but I'd really hate to see him do his knee from accidntal or other contact in a centre square ruck contest.

Brown is an awful ruck. The only hit out he would manage would be tapping his meniscus into a surgeon's bin.

He's won a few to our advantage this year. At one point 2 to Hall in a few minutes in one game. Hall was unlucky not score.

Put Jacobs or WW on the LTI.

Pick up Dunkley with our first pick and Jake Riccardi with our 2nd.

2 Free hits and we get to pump some development into two younger guys with excellent upside.

It makes perfect sense to trial 2 players in this way when we have multiple blokes out indefinitely. Don't understand why we wouldn't.

Brown is an awful ruck. The only hit out he would manage would be tapping his meniscus into a surgeon's bin.

Doesn't go in to the centre square now, and throw ins pose less of a risk than marking contests. It's not an issue mate.

Put Jacobs or WW on the LTI.

Pick up Dunkley with our first pick and Jake Riccardi with our 2nd.

2 Free hits and we get to pump some development into two younger guys with excellent upside.

Yep,

I see no point in Jacobs really playing for the remainder of the year anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back