List Mgmt. Mid-season draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quicky

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Socceroos, Melbourne Victory
I'd like us to bring in Haiden Schloithe. A plug and play, solidly built, 184cm midfield or forward. At 25 plenty of time left in the game. I'd envisage him as a defensive forward who can use his speed and strength to stick tackles but who also has good goal sense. He'd be looking at Varcoe and Thomas's spot in the 22 and could future proof us for Varcoe. He'd also add immediate impact in the midfield or forward line at VFL level in a team craving experience.

TradeDraft

Premium Gold
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'd like us to bring in Haiden Schloithe. A plug and play, solidly built, 184cm midfield or forward. At 25 plenty of time left in the game. I'd envisage him as a defensive forward who can use speed and strwngth to stick tackles but who also has good goal sense. He'd be looking at Varcoe and Thomas's spot in the 22 and could future proof us for Varcoe. He'd also add immediate impact in the midfield or forward line at VFL level in team craving experience.
But why has he kept getting passed up every year in the Draft?

Saintly Viewed

Richard Condon
AFL Club
Collingwood
At the end does the reality of a mid season draft pick translate to big win, small win, negligble, nothing much?

Whoever is taken, if we take one, will they provide anything other than a stop gap here or there?

Quicky

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
At the end does the reality of a mid season draft pick translate to big win, small win, negligble, nothing much?

Whoever is taken, if we take one, will they probably vide anything other than a stop gap here or there?
It's opportunity Saintly. I think if you're a shrewd recruiter you can find hidden treasure. I do think you can find more than a stop gap if you make good decisions.

AFL Club
Collingwood

Whoever is taken, if we take one, will they probably vide anything other than a stop gap here or there?
Likely nothing will come of it but you never know.

Josh Mahoney failed at two clubs, spent three years in the wilderness, was last man picked by Port in the 2004 draft and ended up one of the best on ground in Ports 2005 premiership.

James Podsiadly has a similar story.

There’s also that Port Melbourne premiership fullback who is doing ok at Collingwood in the forward line.

Saintly Viewed

Richard Condon
AFL Club
Collingwood
It's opportunity Saintly. I think if you're a shrewd recruiter you can find hidden treasure. I do think you can find more than a stop gap if you make good decisions.
Exactly right. You can find treasure.

I was merely speculating about what the outcome might be.
In many ways the likelihood is negligible. However, a Mihocek win, that would be amazing. Not sure that happens too often, but happy to try.

Saintly Viewed

Richard Condon
AFL Club
Collingwood
Likely nothing will come of it but you never know.

Josh Mahoney failed at two clubs, spent three years in the wilderness, was last man picked by Port in the 2004 draft and ended up one of the best on ground in Ports 2005 premiership.

James Podsiadly has a similar story
Fair point.

Why you brought up Podsiadly I don’t know.
I all but had him erased from the memory banks from circa 2011....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quicky

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams

In many ways the likelihood is negligible. However, a Mihocek win, that would be amazing. Not sure that happens too often, but happy to try.
That's where your recruiters make their money and reputations.

Quicky

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams

Some recent examples of players who could have been recruited under this format over recent years: Tim Kelly, Sam Collins, McDonald-Tipungwuti, Liam Ryan, Dean Rampe. Kyle Hartigan held down CHB for Adelaide in a year they made the grand final as another example. There are opportunities there.

Shpeshal Ed

I see you on televishaaaaan!
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Man. U, Chicago Bulls, Ολυμπιακός
If we are looking at someone, surely it's a key position defender?

We're a dodgy hammy away from being sorely tested back there.

Roughead and Reid are both kinda slow and probably aren't "1st up" key defenders. Goldsack held up admirably but shouldn't be relied on to take the oppositions best forward week in week out. Kelly won't be physically ready yet.

I feel like we really should be looking at some cheap Darcy Moore insurance.

Saintly Viewed

Richard Condon
AFL Club
Collingwood

Roughead and Reid are both kinda slow and probably aren't "1st up" key defenders. Goldsack held up admirably but shouldn't be relied on to take the oppositions best forward week in week out. Kelly won't be physically ready yet.

Your mate Ben Reid is our special one.

Just teasing, we certainly don’t want key player injuries.

AFL Club
Collingwood

Key position at either end imo.

Quicky

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams

I'm not advocating for any of these but some options from that list include Alex Johnson, Sam McLarty and Tyler Keitel (if played back). Up forward Aaron Black. Ruck Jake Spencer.

Last edited:

Saintly Viewed

Richard Condon
AFL Club
Collingwood
Though not listed to have a chance of being selected (I think this is right):

Imagine we picked Brendon Goddard?

Such a high end flog talent would have been interesting. Nice finger wagging and carrying on coverage.

AFL Club
Collingwood
Though not listed to have a chance of being selected (I think this is right):

Imagine we picked Brendon Goddard?

Such a high end flog talent would have been interesting. Nice finger wagging and carrying on coverage.
We should start a rumour we are picking him to lure Carlton into getting in before us.

Unknown Identity

Professional Strawman
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys Chicago Bulls
Jye Bolton should get another crack.

He has been dominating WAFL for a few years now, still only 27 years old.

Won't be with us, but i hope someone gives him one last chance.

35Daicos

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood (VFL), Man Utd.
Sam Murray's brother (Nick) has nominated! Maybe we should pick up Tom Wilson (Northern Blues) just to confuse everyone!!

sr36

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Collingwood

Whoever is taken, if we take one, will they provide anything other than a stop gap here or there?
I'd be looking at overage TAC Cup players, which is an area we've looked at and had a bit of success in the past - we've gotten Elliott, Phillips, Langdon and despite not working for us Ceglar from this source.

Top Bottom