List Mgmt. Mid-season draft.

Aug 31, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I’m not sure if there’s an existing thread for the Mid-season draft. Mods, please remove if there is.

So with Dunn’ injury :'(, I think we are able pick-up at least one player through the draft.

Potentially two depending on the outcome of Murray’s decision.

I wouldn’t be opposed to the idea of picking up Sam Mclarty. He knows our game-plan and is still quite young.

This would also be a good thread for any state league viewers to post any potential replacements.

I do think we need a KPP. I wouldn’t be opposed to a KPF.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Adam Oxley anyone?

:cool: (For you CFC - just teasing)

Magpies27

Debutant
Nov 12, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
So apparently after I just looked at the rules we cant draft someone that did not nominate for the 2018 draft, so basically that cuts out most state league players, you can also draft guys that have been delisted previously, idk doesn't sound too good. now that I think about it we are either looking at young players that will take time to develop or older players that are just depth at afl level got myself excited for a second 😭

Pragmatic Shill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
A source I have that is closely tied to the club said that we had our eyes on a bloke named Joseph Ayton-Delany. Could be an option.

Sam McLarty is another option of course, but I can't help but feel like it's a bit of a slap to the face to him "hey, maybe come back for six months, we'll see how you go."

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Adam Oxley anyone?

:cool:(For you CFC - just teasing)

200.gif

Towelboy

Debutant
Mar 31, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
So apparently after I just looked at the rules we cant draft someone that did not nominate for the 2018 draft, so basically that cuts out most state league players, you can also draft guys that have been delisted previously, idk doesn't sound too good. now that I think about it we are either looking at young players that will take time to develop or older players that are just depth at afl level got myself excited for a second 😭

You will find a hell of a lot of VFL listed players have nominated for the draft.

wicksy

Cancelled
Feb 23, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Clippers, Daniel Ricciardo Racing
We need two bigs...
Imagine what would happen to our season if one of the following players went down for any length of time:

Grundy
Moore
Cox

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
We need two bigs...
Imagine what would happen to our season if one of the following players went down for any length of time:

Grundy
Moore
Cox
All three are really irreplaceable in their way.

Grundy the most vital.

Moore next.

Cox in a different way as he provides unique height etc.

All we can do,is pick up some back up types.

Though really our big man depth will be like last season if the wheels fall off with injury:
Goldsack, Madgen, Lynch (new), Reid (If gets healthy), so none of them really offer any fair change mpenssatiinnto the team. (Reid would ofcourse if he got up and about, even if he’s slower he still has talent.)

May 27, 2008
Wherever I May Roam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Socceroos, Melbourne Victory
I think it was curious we brought Jake Spencer into our VFL program. A mature ruck option who has had AFL exposure. Can moonlight as a key forward. I also reckon we could look at Ayton-Delaney as a running half back.

What i'd like to see us target is a key defender but none outside McLarty spring to mind. There were a few young ones that looked promising on the North and Doggies lists that were delisted last year but cant recall if they got picked up. Perhaps we are happy with Madgen, Tohill and Kelly as younger back ups. Any state leaguers look handy?

wicksy

Cancelled
Feb 23, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
All three are really irreplaceable in their way.

Grundy the most vital.

Moore next.

Cox in a different way as he provides unique height etc.

All we can do,is pick up some back up types.

Though really our big man depth will be like last season if the wheels fall off with injury:
Goldsack, Madgen, Lynch (new), Reid (If gets healthy), so none of them really offer any fair change mpenssatiinnto the team. (Reid would ofcourse if he got up and about, even if he’s slower he still has talent.)

Forgot all about Magden!! That was unfair of me as he was actually quite good (limited but good) for us last year.
Dunn going down hurts. Reid is cooked. Lynch has always looked too slow to me but I haven't seen enough of him to judge.

I think we need to grab two "Mihocek's" out of the states mid season just to be safe.

wicksy

Cancelled
Feb 23, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
I think it was curious we brought Jake Spencer into our VFL program. A mature ruck option who has had AFL exposure. Can moonlight as a key forward. I also reckon we could look at Ayton-Delaney as a running half back.

What i'd like to see us target is a key defender but none outside McLarty spring to mind. There were a few young ones that looked promising on the North and Doggies lists that were delisted last year but cant recall if they got picked up. Perhaps we are happy with Madgen, Tohill and Kelly as younger back ups. Any state leaguers look handy?

Is Kelly playing yet? Is he likely to be ready if needed this year?

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Forgot all about Magden!! That was unfair of me as he was actually quite good (limited but good) for us last year.
Dunn going down hurts. Reid is cooked. Lynch has always looked too slow to me but I haven't seen enough of him to judge.

I think we need to grab two "Mihocek's" out of the states mid season just to be safe.
Fair points.

I suspect we got the only good mihocek out there.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood

Really? I've always thought his pace (for his size) was 1 of his greatest strengths.

Lean McLarty and reckon he’d be happy to be given an opportunity. Fringe players in a professional league don’t get to be petty about things.

Of course, happy to defer to the recruiters on whomever they rate.

Back