List Mgmt. Mid-season draft.

atomiser

Debutant
Mar 28, 2019
Out West
AFL Club
Collingwood
The Mihocek win is an example of such things.
Appelby too, though the rock solid defence has kept him out.

I still can’t believe how good Mihocek has been.
Never guessed it at all.
Goes to show.
And to think some people want him dropped for Cox, way to important for our structure to be dropped

I'd be looking at overage TAC Cup players, which is an area we've looked at and had a bit of success in the past - we've gotten Elliott, Phillips, Langdon and despite not working for us Ceglar from this source.
Goldy was too.

Anyone know where Ben Kennedy is playing and how he is going?
Spent last year outside the VFL at Montmorency. As others have said was enticed to Williamstown for one more shot at higher honours. TV commentators said ideally he’ll play small forward for the seagulls with a view to that role role at AFL level, but through circumstances he’s spent a fair bit of the early season in the midfield.

Spent last year outside the VFL at Montmorency. As others have said was enticed to Williamstown for one more shot at higher honours. TV commentators said ideally he’ll play small forward for the seagulls with a view to that role role at AFL level, but through circumstances he’s spent a fair bit of the early season in the midfield.
He's one with a bit of talent who just seemed to lack the maturity at the time. He's not for the Pies, but I wouldn't be surprised if he comes back at some stage and goes alright.

Nov 16, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Good luck to Ben Kennedy but not what we need.

Also, there's been a few in recent years that have tried but how many small forward types from state leagues have entered AFL and done particularly well?

The trend is now more towards finding midfielders who because of size, speed or nous can then rotate forward with effectiveness.... rather than small forwards who can rotate midfield for a few minutes at a time.

May 27, 2008
Wherever I May Roam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Socceroos, Melbourne Victory
Good luck to Ben Kennedy but not what we need.

Also, there's been a few in recent years that have tried but how many small forward types from state leagues have entered AFL and done particularly well?

The trend is now more towards finding midfielders who because of size, speed or nous can then rotate forward with effectiveness.... rather than small forwards who can rotate midfield for a few minutes at a time.

Ryan at West Coast and Atkins at Geelong are two small forwards, currently in their teams best 22, who came from state leagues.

I reckon that was the trend a few years ago, but think we're trending towards really quick guys who can snag a goal and provide a heap of chasing pressure. But yeah, i dont think Kennedy is quick enough.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
With Williamson signing do we still have capacity to select a player?
Yes we do, notwithstanding Wilson. He’s a Cat B so zero implications from him.

Should we place say Dunn as long term injured there is our spot for a selection.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Close the thread. Gimp and I have decided we should draft Gault and have a red hot crack at the JLT matches. Well more I than Gimp.
If it’s Gimp and you, thread is as good as closed.

The Gimp is the Klop of here.

Back