List Mgmt. Mid season Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

I like the selection, but what happens...if....say.....Taberner was to suffer a long term injury in the very near future? We'd be left with Rory Lobb and Josh Treacy as our sole Key Forwards. Not great planning I don't believe.

I said the club has been making fantastic dcisions lately, but we've lost Amiss for the remainder of the Home and Away season now, so surely a replacement that can play immediately is required?

I’ve just realised Brisbane doesn’t have a selection in the MSD. I’ll swap my prediction to say Kuek for our first selection and Strom for our second.

Having said that if Derksen is available at our first selection I think we take him, same as Teakle if Derksen isn’t.

I think Kuek probably is available at our second pick he’s just more of a risk than Strom. Strom is a decent KPD at WAFL level so I wouldn’t completely rule out him if we pick Derksen or Teakle.

I’m keen enough on some of the other younger medium forwards tbh but the MSD has generally been local players so I’ll go local in my prediction.

Thought I was bang on for a second there.

I like the selection, but what happens...if....say.....Taberner was to suffer a long term injury in the very near future? We'd be left with Rory Lobb and Josh Treacy as our sole Key Forwards. Not great planning I don't believe.

I said the club has been making fantastic dcisions lately, but we've lost Amiss for the remainder of the Home and Away season now, so surely a replacement that can play immediately is required?

Logue

I'd play Fyfe as a KPF, put Ras or Johnson into the team before Strom. Strom just wouldnt be useful at AFL level IMO

Bloody hell, why wasn’t this campaigner number 1 in his draft year?
a lot of these young, skinny athletic forwards all have the similar problem of not producing enough despite having all the tools (think he was an outside chance to be a Cat-B rookie with 20 goals from 18 games in 2019)

has gone from 0 goals from 3 league games last year to 16 from 5 games this year

I'd play Fyfe as a KPF, put Ras or Johnson into the team before Strom. Strom just wouldnt be useful at AFL level IMO
Fair enough, and I value your opinion, but do you feel Fyfe can succeed as a Key Forward? Thus far his kicking woes and positioning have let him down. Then again, the sample size is not expansive. If, like you say, Strom would not be a proficient AFL Key Forward, then I can cop it on the chin.

This is the option imo.

Next season we most likely have Amiss back and Kuek is hopefully 5-10 kgs heavier (still light for a KPF but okay if he’s third tall).

We’d still have the Fyfe option too next year. Even if Mundy retires Erasmus and Johnson aren’t going anywhere

Re-assess at year’s end where there’s more options (trade, DFA, drafts etc.). If we need to add a certain type of player then there’s more options. AFL teams hardly recruit for six months or even twelve months.

Twomey didn't know anything about Kuek. Real smokey.

I love it just for this. Twomey had every other pick tipped, he had no idea what we were doing. That’s what you want.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is this the second WCE player/connection we've ever taken?

Scott Watters being the first.
erasmus could have been eagles NGA, we had a bunch of trades between the two back in the day

Anyone know who Kuek plays for this weekend? I feel like I remember reading something about how the player can / will stay with their current club
that's what they said last year but within 2 days west was playing with wce's 2nds it felt like

Jarred Schofield played for both clubs. He’d be the last one until this season when Dixon played for them.
knew i was forgetting some people. stef giro as well this year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back