List Mgmt. Mid season Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair enough, and I value your opinion, but do you feel Fyfe can succeed as a Key Forward? Thus far his kicking woes and positioning have let him down. Then again, the sample size is not expansive. If, like you say, Strom would not be a proficient AFL Key Forward, then I can cop it on the chin.
Put it this way, if Fyfe plays the full year of WAFL at full forward, how many is he kicking? How many is Strom kicking in the same situation? It's all well and good for Strom to have versatility but he needs to be at the level in the first place or there's no point

Dale kickett played for WC at one stage too?

Is this the second WCE player/connection we've ever taken?

Scott Watters being the first.
Carroll, Fewster, Godden, Harding, Hynes, Kickett, Krummel, Metropolis, Watters, Schofield, Retziaff...

Nice to see East Freo superstar Teakle get a call-up.

Us East Freo supporters are always happy to see our boys play some AFL. 😎
just tag Tonga Bob next time, no need to make it subtle

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trent Carroll, Greg Harding, Brendan Krummel, David Hynes, Dale Kickett, Brendan Retzlaff

I actually saw someone tip him for our pick. Don't remember who though
I did but doubt you are thinking of me. If Derksen was gone I felt he was our go. The others I believe we were interested in were Hugo Hall-Kahan and Small forward Jye Menzie, hence we passed in the second pick.

I didn’t realise Kuek was 199cm. With his leap he can help in the ruck.

I like using the MSD this way, especially with what was on the board. Athletic KPP with a unique skillset and high ceiling who'll benefit greatly from the increased standards and professionalism of an AFL team. Sure he probably never plays a game, but I'd rather take a punt on someone like this considering there were no mature WAFL guys who could realistically contribute to our team this year.

Put it this way, if Fyfe plays the full year of WAFL at full forward, how many is he kicking? How many is Strom kicking in the same situation? It's all well and good for Strom to have versatility but he needs to be at the level in the first place or there's no point
For whatever reasons Strom has been average this year. He finished off the 2021 season (WAFL finals) in flying colours but this season hasn’t been anywhere near that form. He is already 28 and with his form dropping away didn’t bode well for him.

FMD. If he develops as well as he projects, our forward line will be ridiculous.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back