Mid-Season Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m unaware that we’re linked in anyway it Hunter/Buller.
Richmond are quite keen on this Trezise fella that plays in their VFL team I believe. Bauer who they picked up last year is mid forward so small forward Hansen JNR would be a possibility for them.
I’d guess Hansen-Jnr, someone random, or pass. I hope they are looking closely at Box Hill and likely hawks selection winger Stanley.
I like what I’ve seen from Stanley. Mentioned I hoped we were keen and then in the pre-draft ramble from Cal he said that should Hawks not select Stanley at 3 that we were keen.

Must have. Belly did say they are drafting for the future rather than now.
He has electric pace and good skills according to the write ups and apparently he's had massive improvements in the last 6 months.

Can play both ends of the ground, Hammer is retiring this year

I'd delist Corbett instantly for Hunter in the front half too

Kuek is very long odds to make it
Draper's improved a ton as the season has progressed. I'm confident he's a great prospect long term.

Draper's improved a ton as the season has progressed. I'm confident he's a great prospect long term.
I was against delisting Hammer early in the year but I think if Draper is as good as everyone thinks then you’ve got to cut the cord with Hamling at some point and list spots are a premium at the moment. Can always shuffle Ryan and/or Chappy to a KPP position if needed to look after Draper

Last edited:

Keep Hammer i think, might move to rookie tho
Hunter has played 3 good games he's not replacing Corbett

I’m torn on Kuek, he feels like an obvious delisting but he’s doing pretty well at WAFL and his athletic traits should translate well to AFL and it feels like he’s made significant gains in a year and a bit. Im not sure he ever becomes best 22 because Treacy provides a better foil to Amiss and Amiss is generational but I feel he could be a fantastic back-up and I doubt any kid we draft in the next few years is going to be better than him as a back-up. Very interested to see what we do with him at the end of this year.

I’d personally move Tabs first because fit Tabs is a mythical beast at this point in time and WC have shown the only thing worst than a talentless list is one that can’t get on the park

Last edited:
I’m torn on Kuek, he feels like an obvious delisting but he’s doing pretty well at WAFL and his athletic traits should translate well to AFL and it feels like he’s made significant gains in a year and a bit. Im not sure he ever becomes best 22 because Treacy provides a better foil to Amiss and Amiss is generational but I feel he could be a fantastic back-up and I doubt any kid we draft in the next few years is going to be better than him as a back-up. Very interested to see what we do with him at the end of this year.

I’d personally move Tabs first because fit Tabs is a mythical beast at this point in time and WC have shown the only worst than a talentless list is one that can’t get on the park
I would love for us to fit Sebbit in.
Athletic Quality kid.

But , timing is everything..

The Treacy/Amiss combo itself, could also be generational (Jye is!)

Its getting hard to push your way into our forward line, once there were spaces allover.

Last edited:

I’d personally move Tabs first because fit Tabs is a mythical beast at this point in time and WC have shown the only thing worst than a talentless list is one that can’t get on the park
Kuek can't put on size, I reckon he's a smokey for delisting at the end of the season, it's unfortunate but I can see it going that way

Kuek is developing nicely - they should extend him.
Tabs under contract isn’t he and handy for another year.
Corbett is depth. I’d say he is long odds to get an extension beyond next year.

Good chance both Tabs/Corbett are gone at end of 2024. Unless one of them plays well back end of this year and a decent 2024 we will need to replace with mature age KPF. Trade someone in. Kuek in my opinion will be ready to play some games next year.

Benning to be delisted. Hamling to be delisted. Replace with mature age KPD in rookie draft this year.

He would easily replace Corbett for mine, I'd even pay out Corbett's contract
Corbett has shown at the Suns he's AFL quality when given a decent shot at it. He was no superstar but he'd get another shot if we delisted him.

It's a bring call to say a player drafted yesterday could easily replace him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kuek is developing nicely - they should extend him.
Tabs under contract isn’t he and handy for another year.
Corbett is depth. I’d say he is long odds to get an extension beyond next year.

Good chance both Tabs/Corbett are gone at end of 2024. Unless one of them plays well back end of this year and a decent 2024 we will need to replace with mature age KPF. Trade someone in. Kuek in my opinion will be ready to play some games next year.

Benning to be delisted. Hamling to be delisted. Replace with mature age KPD in rookie draft this year.
How long would we need the mature aged KPD for? The answer could easily be not at all if Davies or Draper develop well over the off season.

I'd be inclined to not bother with that one tbh.

Corbett has shown at the Suns he's AFL quality when given a decent shot at it. He was no superstar but he'd get another shot if we delisted him.

It's a bring call to say a player drafted yesterday could easily replace him.
Corbett is just below AFL quality

If he was AFL quality he would be at the subs in their team still

I just don't see Corbett playing much for us, realistically he should be in this week as we lost Darcy (dogga-darcy treacy-dogga Corbett - Treacy role) but I'd prefer to shuffle the team than bring him in

What's the point of a backup if we would rather shuffle the team than use him?

I reckon developing hunter who can play both ends of the ground would've been better

Corbett is just below AFL quality

If he was AFL quality he would be at the subs in their team still

I just don't see Corbett playing much for us, realistically he should be in this week as we lost Darcy (dogga-darcy treacy-dogga Corbett - Treacy role) but I'd prefer to shuffle the team than bring him in

What's the point of a backup if we would rather shuffle the team than use him?

I reckon developing hunter who can play both ends of the ground would've been better

Hunter has yet to show his body can handle dialing up the workload to AFL levels. That's a not insignificant risk with him.

How long would we need the mature aged KPD for? The answer could easily be not at all if Davies or Draper develop well over the off season.

I'd be inclined to not bother with that one tbh.
Possibly but they both seem to be light on size. I think like others I’ve forgotten about Chapman. He is developing size and played all his colts as CHB.

If they can both add some size we could give opportunity for a couple of players to training for SSP and make a decision.

Possibly but they both seem to be light on size. I think like others I’ve forgotten about Chapman. He is developing size and played all his colts as CHB.

If they can both add some size we could give opportunity for a couple of players to training for SSP and make a decision.
Chapman is an interesting one, many people including myself were keen to see him further up the ground as he just seemed to have the ball hunting and good instincts, but at least in the medium term maybe it's better for the team if he stays and develops as the third tall defender with potential to pinch hit taller.

Now I'll put my hand up, I don't follow the WAFL anymore. But why are people saying they would delist Corbett for a MSD rookie?

The only time I have seen Corbett play was that one 4th Q when he came on as a sub for us. He took a couple of grabs in that quarter and lead up at the ball.

No Pavlich, but not the worst forward I have ever seen.

Has Corbett been really bad at WAFL level?

Now I'll put my hand up, I don't follow the WAFL anymore. But why are people saying they would delist Corbett for a MSD rookie?

The only time I have seen Corbett play was that one 4th Q when he came on as a sub for us. He took a couple of grabs in that quarter and lead up at the ball.

No Pavlich, but not the worst forward I have ever seen.

Has Corbett been really bad at WAFL level?
He's fine but he is limited, not quite at the AFL level but good enough for the lower leagues

Hunter has all the tools to make AFL grade and can play both ends, there is obviously a chance he won't make it but I'd rather take that risk tbh

He's fine but he is limited, not quite at the AFL level but good enough for the lower leagues

Hunter has all the tools to make AFL grade and can play both ends, there is obviously a chance he won't make it but I'd rather take that risk tbh

We have our direct comparison for the next eighteen months.

Let's see how it plays out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back