Player Watch Mid-Season Pick #13 (2021) - Jed McEntee

Remove this Banner Ad

Sturt fans not liking this haha.
View attachment 1146601
Genuine well done to Sturt for posting that. It shouldn't be rare to see actual support for somebody moving on to bigger and better things rather than the usual SA pissantry, but it is.

Genuine well done to Sturt for posting that. It shouldn't be rare to see actual support for somebody moving on to bigger and better things rather than the usual SA pissantry, but it is.

That and his dad rushing out to buy a couple of Port scarves were great things.

* you brad symes mum.

Boxx

Premiership Player
Mar 2, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys
Jed and the other Sturt player who who was picked up both work(ed) for the same employer, so that person probably doesn't like it.
Hahaha… the exact opposite actually, Kathy and Roy are absolutely wrapped that they have been picked up!
If anyone needs 4x4 drawers made… give Lawson Drawers a call - they are a fantastic Southern Aussie company that produces a highly quality product!

Had a chat with a mate that plays for Sturt who gave me the good oil that Houston was next level good (before he was elevated to our AFL team so I trust his judgement).
Reckons Jed is a top bloke, goes extremely hard at the ball, extremely quick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GoTheMightyCrows

Bigfooty Visionary
Oct 8, 2019
Highland, Albuquerque
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Had a chat with a mate that plays for Sturt who gave me the good oil that Houston was next level good (before he was elevated to our AFL team so I trust his judgement).
But does he think that Jed will make it at the top level?

Sewer de Lance

Premiership Player
Feb 10, 2013
Queensland
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Jamaica Bob Sled FC
Character ✅, Hard ✅, Speed ✅! 13th pick in a Mid Season draft, that’s good enough for me.

Tibbs

The Bearded ZERK!
Sep 9, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
He obviously watched his highlight reel as well :p

robbo1981

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2011
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Be interesting were we play him in the Maggie's if we want him to play forward in the AFL surely he plays there?
But has been playing well at sanfl level as a mid.

HHHAMMERtime

All Australian
Oct 24, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I feel for the bloke, it’s not surprising he looks completely at sea- he’s working his ass off and you can see it during games but imagine being currently our second best centre square player at the Maggie’s after being drafted and then being told to keep away.

EskimoPAFC

The Comebacks & Family Man
Dec 17, 2017
Success without Premierships
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I mean the only purpose for the SANFL is to give potential AFL players a run against moving players in whatever role we think they might play in the AFL... so he's just gotta learn the systems for whatever position we think he might succeed in. I couldn't give a s**t if we drop every SANFL game if in doing so we take an action that gets us one more AFL win and potentially get in to the 2/4/8.

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
So we pick a centre square tiny tackling mid and try to make him a forward?
Gee, a mid that's undersized, but does well at that role at SANFL. That we then try to turn into a small forward. That's always been a success across the Hinkley era. No one could have predicted we'd do that.

FFS either draft players that may come on (like a tall) or pick one you're going to play in their position. Nothing against Jed, but we'd have to be right up there for how not to use the mid-season draft properly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back