List Mgmt. Mid-season rookie draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Our worry is Broad and Grimes consistently now having to take on taller marking targets. It started to look quite vulnerable late in the match and it must be remembered Franklin is bit of a sheila in contested marking situations. They will come up against much better marks and we could get opened up at times.

Not sure if the answer is participation in the mid season draft or looking at moving Balta or Riewoldt or someone else down there late in games especially.

Charlie Pannam

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Grigga is still listed as indefinite

If he hasn’t progressed by mid year then maybe we consider placing him on long term injury list or he retires.

I reckon midfield is still the area I’d be focusing on. A big bodied mid to help ease the load on Cotch Dusty and Meatball. Ross is s first year player and can be expected to hit the wall at some time during the year

db26

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2007
Punt road
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Aston Villa,A-league
Our worry is Broad and Grimes consistently now having to take on taller marking targets. It started to look quite vulnerable late in the match and it must be remembered Franklin is bit of a sheila in contested marking situations. They will come up against much better marks and we could get opened up at times.

Not sure if the answer is participation in the mid season draft or looking at moving Balta or Riewoldt or someone else down there late in games especially.

I think Garthwaite will be in our side once he picks up game time in vfl and gets fitness.Wouldn't be afraid to give him big jobs.

wafooty85

WA Scout
May 2, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
I h
With the draft only 6 weeks away, who should we be targeting?

A key defender is the obvious hole with Rance going down, but we seem to be pretty comfortable using Grimes, Astbury and Broad in those roles and with Garth sitting in the VFL and Balta showing he's more than capable of filling in down there, perhaps we may be better off going for a mid or even just picking whoever we feel is best available?

Jye Bolton anyone?
I have watched Claremont and the WAFL for a number of years now. Jye Bolton would be straight into our AFL team.

GoTigers2015

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆2017🏆2019🏆2020🏆
Oct 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Seems like we had an eye on our backline integrity with recruiting of that ex Wobbles player that got snaffled by the Aints...
Sure we are going to go Mids?!? Not Backs?!?
Best available, but we may not even have a pick unless Grigg retires early or Tross is ruled out for the season. Should have held back more picks after the Rookie Draft instead of committing to Chol, Aarts or Weller.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
Do Richmond have a mid season draft spot?

My bad I just read on our site that our list is completed for 21
I was looking at our list and with the addition of Egg and Mansell we have 43 on the list (including cat b).
AFL rules state list sizes must be a minimum of 37 and maximum of 44, so we are still 1 short of that maximum.
No Soldo, Mate hasn’t arrived, Stacky uncertain!!

I also count 43, so that means one spot is open?

Do Richmond have a mid season draft spot?

I also count 43, so that means one spot is open?

Yep, that's my understanding too. We have one spot open.

The way the club values the mid season draft supports that thinking. They pushed Grigg into retirement so we could have a pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back