Live Event Mid Season Rookie Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Twenty-two players have been invited for medical screenings in the upcoming draft.

Eight are from the WAFL (EP, Sub x2, Cla x2, WC, SF, PT)
Five are from the VFL (Cob x2, Ess, Wil, NB)
Four are from the NAB League (WJ, GP, ER, DS)
Four are from the SANFL (Gle x2, WA, Nor)
One is from the NEAFL (NT)

I'll give the basic stats run down of each (relevant ones) but go a bit more in depth for the VFL ones

WAFL:

Ajang Ajang (22 year old 198 cm/96 kg ruck, East Perth): 5 games, averaging 10 disposals, 24.6 hit outs, 1.6 marks, 0.2 goals
Josh Deluca (22 y/o 179/80 midfielder, Subiaco): 5 games, averaging 27.2 disposals, 5.2 marks, 4.8 tackles
Oliver Eastland (21 y/o 198/87 forward/ruck, Claremont): 5 games, averaging 13 disposals, 8 hit outs, 3.6 marks, 0.6 goals
Brady Grey (23 y/o 180/85 half forward, West Coast): 4 games, averaging 18 disposals, 6.5 tackles, 0.5 goals
Jack Mayo (19 y/o 192/81 key forward, Subiaco): 3 reserves games, averaging 16.3 disposals, 6 marks, 3 tackles, 1.3 goals
Declan Mountford (22 y/o 183/70 half back/tagger, Claremont): 5 games, averaging 22.8 disposals, 4.6 marks, 5.6 tackles
Marlion Pickett (27 y/o 184/84 midfielder, South Fremantle): Hasn't played in 2019
Jarvis Pina (19 y/o 176/72 small defender, Peel Thunder): 3 colts games, averaging 22.3 disposals, 5.3 marks, 6.6 tackles

NAB League

Daly Andrews (19 y/o, 183/81 utility, Western Jets): 5 games, averaging 20.8 disposals, 4 marks, 4.8 tackles
Kyle Dunkley (19 y/o, 185/84 midfielder, Gippsland Power): 4 games, averaging 18.8 disposals, 4.5 marks, 8.8 tackles
Cody Hirst (19 y/o, 178/67 small defender, Eastern Ranges): 4 games, averaging 22 disposals, 4.5 marks, 4.8 tackles
Mitch Riordan (19 y/o, 187/83 midfielder, Dandenong Stingrays): 4 games, averaging 17.5 disposals, 3.3 marks, 5 tackles

SANFL

Cory Gregson (22 y/o 175/78 small forward, Glenelg): 5 games, averaging 15.2 disposals, 6.2 tackles, 1 goal
Lachlan Hosie (22 y/o 189/78 third tall forward, Glenelg): 6 games, averaging 15 disposals, 5.5 marks, 2.7 goals
John Noble (22 y/o 180/72 midfielder, West Adelaide): 6 games, averaging 22.7 disposals, 6.3 marks, 3.2 tackles
Matt Nunn (22 y/o 181/81 midfielder, Norwood): 4 games, averaging 25 disposals, 6 marks, 6.3 tackles

NEAFL

Adam Tipungwuti (22 y/o small forward, NT Thunder): 4 games, averaging 11.8 disposals, 1.3 tackles, 1 goal

VFL

Frank Anderson (21 y/o 185/83 midfielder, Northern Blues): 4 games, averaging 14.8 disposals, 1.5 marks, 4.8 tackles (Although was injured early in his last game)
Ray Connellan (24 y/o 191/85 half back, Essendon): 2 games, averaging 16 disposals, 6 marks, 2 tackles
Lochlan Dickson (24 y/o 190/94 half back, Coburg): 5 games, averaging 21 disposals, 3.2 marks, 1.8 tackles
Mitchell Hibberd (22 y/o 191/90 midfielder, Williamstown): 5 games, averaging 21.6 disposals, 4 marks, 4.4 tackles
Sam Lowson (21 y/o 174/73 small forward, Coburg): 5 games, averaging 12.4 disposals, 2.2 tackles, 2.8 goals

For the VFL crew, I think the bottom two are the most likely to be drafted, in fact I can see Lowson being called out in the first three, depending on where the ladder is placed. Hibberd I feel is the best midfielder in the VFL and would be leading the JJ Liston trophy right now. Connellan I don't think will have a huge impact yet and Anderson I think hasn't put the numbers up yet, but if he gets his production up when he gets back from injury I can see him getting drafted

1. Sydney
2. Carlton
3. Melbourne
4. North Melbourne
5. Gold Coast
6. Hawthorn
7. Bulldogs
8. Essendon
9. Richmond
10. Port Adelaide
11. Adelaide
12. GWS
13. Collingwood
14. Gold Coast
15. GWS

Last edited:

If Swans have pick 1 in 3 weeks time we are going to go with Kyle Dunkley. Pretty much exactly what we desperately need.
I think you're a big chance at Mitch Hibberd.
ALso, I doubt it but is the mid-season draft going to be televised, or is it going to be more like the rookie draft where it all happens online and in the space of about 5 minutes?
Probably the latter.

He's a possibility too, though I would personally prefer Dunkley as I think he has more upside. Still, Hibberd does have more runs on the board and like Dunkley is a good size for a midfield that is really struggling and being beaten easily around the ball.
Hibberd's inside work has been fantastic this season, which is why I think he's leading the Liston. I haven't seen any of Dunkley this season though.

I think the current order is:

1. Sydney
2. Carlton
3. Melbourne
4. North Melbourne
5. Gold Coast
6. Hawthorn
7. Bulldogs
8. Essendon
9. Richmond
10. Port Adelaide
11. Adelaide
12. GWS
13. Collingwood
14. Gold Coast
15. GWS

Hibberd's inside work has been fantastic this season, which is why I think he's leading the Liston. I haven't seen any of Dunkley this season though.

I think the current order is:

1. Sydney
2. Carlton
3. Melbourne
4. North Melbourne
5. Gold Coast
6. Hawthorn
7. Bulldogs
8. Essendon
9. Richmond
10. Port Adelaide
11. Adelaide
12. GWS
13. Collingwood
14. Gold Coast
15. GWS

Who are you hoping Essendon get at pick 8?

Who are you hoping Essendon get at pick 8?
Judging from the people who got nominated, either Oliver Eastland or Ajang Ajang. We need another ruck.

Shows how out of date my perceptions of other teams can be as the moment I read that I thought "Essendon have more ruckmen than they know what to do with" and then I remembered that this is not 2012.
2012, from memory we had Hille, Ryder and Bellchambers. Strong division.

It's fool's gold to for EFC to select a ruck - No point in chasing a marginal state league player because they are tall - Get the best 19/20/21 now ( who will probably be drafted later in the ND ) - It's a free hit to get another five months of development into this player for 2020 -

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's fool's gold to for EFC to select a ruck - No point in chasing a marginal state league player because they are tall - Get the best 19/20/21 now ( who will probably be drafted later in the ND ) - It's a free hit to get another five months of development into this player for 2020 -

It is not fools gold.

Any ruckman we take in the mid-year draft will be better than Clarke.

Some funny noms heath hocking 😂 Aaron black..Barlow..

surely clubs should be able to cut players during the year.look at the bombers

Not really Bellchambers is not durable and Clarke is crap. Anything that avoids you rucking Daniher is a good thing.

How long do you think Bellchambers has left? At the moment he is clearly injured and shouldn't be playing. If you are going to delist him at the end of the year then I suppose it doesn't matter but you are basically running his body into the ground at the moment for nothing so if you want him to play on I would be picking someone up to give him a chop out.

We have one on our list now mate. He’s injured so may as well get someone to fill the void

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not really Bellchambers is not durable and Clarke is crap. Anything that avoids you rucking Daniher is a good thing.

Tough crowd but TBC has played 8/8 (2019), 20/22 (2017) and lowered to 14/22 (2017) where he was returning from injury (played 10/11 games too might I add).

Never thought I’d say this but he has been good at keeping on the park in recent memory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Judging from the people who got nominated, either Oliver Eastland or Ajang Ajang. We need another ruck.
Lloyd Meek?
Would hate to see Willy weakened but the guy can play.

You can take a short sighted view - I doubt any of the proposed State League rucks are much better than Clarke - And it's pointless to get a ruck for a few months who will probably be off the list in a few months and is unlikely to play an AFL game - Lets invest in a 19/20/21 year old who has DEFINITE AFL attributes.

How long do you think Bellchambers has left? At the moment he is clearly injured and shouldn't be playing. If you are going to delist him at the end of the year then I suppose it doesn't matter but you are basically running his body into the ground at the moment for nothing so if you want him to play on I would be picking someone up to give him a chop out.

EFC have players who can give him a chop out - Clarke is limited, Mckernan will soon be back from injury, Daniher can always help in the ruck and Stewart will be back next week from injury - It comes down do you want a TBell/Clarke combo or a TBell/Daniher combo or a Tbell/McKernan combination or even a TBell/Stewart combo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back