Mid-week metro meeting at Werribee

Remove this Banner Ad

Danny Chook Fan Club

Premiership Player
Feb 8, 2001
Melbourne
Tomorrow's Werribee meeting is a mid-week metropolitan class meeting, rather than a standard provincial card.

This is a good idea - places like Geelong, Werribee, Mornington and so on deserve to have some better class racing than half of their programs filled up with maiden and Class 1 events.

Hopefully punters will support metro meetings at these major provincial venues, so our city tracks can be given a break from the chronic overuse they suffer.

Originally posted by Danny Chook Fan Club

Hopefully punters will support metro meetings at these major provincial venues, so our city tracks can be given a break from the chronic overuse they suffer.

Fair enough, however you couldn't call Sandown 'chronically overused' of late.

Yes there have been a few meetings there in the last few weeks, but prior to that it was free of racing for a good while.

Given that i live not 5 minutes from Sandown, i really do enjoy going to the midweek races there, but i certainly wouldn't make the trip out to Werribee, thats for sure.

Sandown is a different case. With the VATC (or whatever they're calling themselves now) taking all of the good races off to Caulfield, Sandown will become a second string metro track, probably on a par with Werribee, Geelong, Yarra Glen and Mornington.

It's a shame, because the racing at Sandown is usually very good.

I'm not that delighted about it. At Flemington I have the option of getting down and taking a look at the few of the races, I can't at Werribee. I really don't see the point of it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back