List Mgmt. Mid year draft? Who should Swans Target?

Remove this Banner Ad

Smith is on the LTIL but can return round 14. If his spot is used in the mid year draft what happens if he returns?

I did a bit more hunting and apparently there is now an inactive list which has the players who have retired or have a season ending injury. These players create the rookie spots for the mid year draft. The long term injury list is different and has players with six weeks or more of injury and this list enables cat b rookies to be upgraded and play seniors. Accordingly I think smiths move to the LTIL and not the inactive list only creates the opportunity to upgrade either bell or wicks from cat b.

Sorry, but if Foote is considered one of the cream of the crop right now it goes to show how pointless this draft will be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry, but if Foote is considered one of the cream of the crop right now it goes to show how pointless this draft will be.

Definitely a long shot draft though I'm sure playing in the SANFL would have done him good. He might win a Brownlow given our club's talent identification on midfielders. :p
All we need to find is a Pendles like player. Not too much to ask, is it?

Doubt they are looking at mids, unless it is an 18 or 19 year old.

I'd be staggered if we did not select an aggressive mature bodied ruckman. Sinkers seems desperate for support.

Not sure there are many around that'd be up to it though, are there? We took the best one last time only to see him join Naismith in the rehab group after a fairly promising start.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back