List Mgmt. Mid year draft? Who should Swans Target?

Remove this Banner Ad

Ralphyboy

All Australian
May 25, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Assuming the swans have a spot, which I think they do, who should they target? Do we need another defender? Seems we have a lot with COR, Fox, Stoddard etc waiting in the wings. If so I have liked to look of Angus Baker this year. He is looking very determined and playing very well. I did wonder why he was overlooked by the swans given he trained with them pre-season. I thought maybe his knee is dodgy?

Caj

Premiership Player
Jul 23, 2004
Fitzroy
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool
Assuming the swans have a spot, which I think they do, who should they target? Do we need another defender? Seems we have a lot with COR, Fox, Stoddard etc waiting in the wings. If so I have liked to look of Angus Baker this year. He is looking very determined and playing very well. I did wonder why he was overlooked by the swans given he trained with them pre-season. I thought maybe his knee is dodgy?

Just posted on draft board, we need some immediate midfield assistance. Would like us to look at Mitch Grigg in the SANFL and Jye Bolton in WAFL. Both mature agers who have been on an AFL list previously, inside/outside mids

Why? Cameron is sitting in the twos, and we've just recruited a rookie ruck forward about 4 weeks ago

Do you think there's anyone in the state leagues who are a better option?
Rucks are like props in rugby,

When you think you have enough, sign another one.

mikey_san

Cancelled
Mar 17, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Nathan Freeman – Frankston (VFL)
23yo, 183cm, 85kg
Delisted by St Kilda at the end of 2018, Freeman had interest from Gold Coast before moving to the VFL where he has dominated in his first two games.

Hard to go past this guy if fit.
Sure he got dumped by Saints - but they signed Hanners. From memory his last two games for Saints last year were great too. High risk, high reward. Could use him and put Parker forward more.

Hard to understand why the guy winning the WAFL best player award twice in Jye Bolton gets overlooked too. What's the knock on him?

This guy might suit where we are at right now - developing for the next few years. Right size, age, a position we def need someone in. Anyone seen him?

Harry Nolan – Coburg (VFL)
19yo, 195cm, 94kg
Has garnered interest as an athletic key defender who has done the job on AFL-listed players in the VFL. Strong endurance.

McRobie

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Jul 28, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
If we pass on Jye Bolton I’ll melt into a puddle. He’s an instant plug and play to our dreadful midfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we pass on Jye Bolton I’ll melt into a puddle. He’s an instant plug and play to our dreadful midfield.

Just what we need another mid that can’t kick...

What could possibly go wrong...

6yearsold

Club Legend
Nov 23, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Crystal Palace
Just what we need another mid that can’t kick...

What could possibly go wrong...

Before we kick it we need to win it. One or two handballs into space to the player who needs to be able to kick it well. If we are just picking it up and kicking it the kick will always be under pressure and it doesn't matter how good a kick you are all you can do is hack it forward. Someone like papley can win it and burst away but he needs to be hand balling most often as he is a truly horrible kick. Jones is the only player we have who can we it and burst away. His kicking can be poor but i do think he has the ability to kick well and that it will come. The main problem is we have no ruck dominance so we are never able to just tap it down to someone in space who then has time to dispose of it well. With the lack of talent we have in the ruck we really need to be hand balling into space to win a clearance and dispose of it well.

Just posted on draft board, we need some immediate midfield assistance. Would like us to look at Mitch Grigg in the SANFL and Jye Bolton in WAFL. Both mature agers who have been on an AFL list previously, inside/outside mids

Mitch Grigg doesn't want to play AFL.

Mick Oxlong

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
Nathan Freeman – Frankston (VFL)
23yo, 183cm, 85kg
Delisted by St Kilda at the end of 2018, Freeman had interest from Gold Coast before moving to the VFL where he has dominated in his first two games.

Hard to go past this guy if fit.
Sure he got dumped by Saints - but they signed Hanners. From memory his last two games for Saints last year were great too. High risk, high reward. Could use him and put Parker forward more.

Hard to understand why the guy winning the WAFL best player award twice in Jye Bolton gets overlooked too. What's the knock on him?

This guy might suit where we are at right now - developing for the next few years. Right size, age, a position we def need someone in. Anyone seen him?

Harry Nolan – Coburg (VFL)
19yo, 195cm, 94kg
Has garnered interest as an athletic key defender who has done the job on AFL-listed players in the VFL. Strong endurance.
Nathan Freeman...yep, Nathan Freeman!

Yeah the fact we can’t actually get the ball doesn’t concern you? How about we worry about step one first, then you can have your silky user.

I’d rather not waste a spot on a mid that can’t kick! He’d make Clarke look like Josh Kelly!

I’d rather not waste a spot on a mid that can’t kick! He’d make Clarke look like Josh Kelly!
Serious question, have you actually watched him play?

I forgive you if you have but it feels like you're saying "oh he dominates the next level down but hasn't been given a chance at the top level? His skills must be terrible!"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back