Strategy MIDFIELD - 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Whiley and Cripps into the middle this week thanks.

Yarran to a wing as well want him delivering ball into forward 50 not running it out of back 50!
most good half back do both, run it out of the back 50 and deliver to a forward on a lead... but we dont have forwards who lead and he is instructed to kick it wide.

It's gotta be either him or Walker on the wing....Walker has a better defensive game and can actually compete in the air, so have him further back. If Yarran's not the one mopping up then hopefully he can use his run to get out the back of the zones and kick some goals as well as being a bloody good link man through the middle where we tend to fall down when moving from one end to the other....

Did Walker play forward or back when he was BOG for the NB on Saturday? Personally i think out problem is still scoring goals and providing forward options so would rather AW play forward, even in a Brad Johnson style full forward role.

Did Walker play forward or back when he was BOG for the NB on Saturday? Personally i think out problem is still scoring goals and providing forward options so would rather AW play forward, even in a Brad Johnson style full forward role.

Yep love it would love to see the SKY WALKER rise again, put him in the goal square and leave him there and he will kick us goals

Yep love it would love to see the SKY WALKER rise again, put him in the goal square and leave him there and he will kick us goals

Not with the way we've been moving the ball. He won't even see the ball. Need him up the ground to get the ball moving forward. The forwards will do their job if we get it to them in a timely manner.

And he played in the midfield last week.

Not with the way we've been moving the ball. He won't even see the ball. Need him up the ground to get the ball moving forward. The forwards will do their job if we get it to them in a timely manner.

And he played in the midfield last week.

Alright let's chuck him in the middle, we do need more depth inside the centre square and I reckon he would do alright in there.

HF: MENZEL HENDO MURPHY
MID: YARRAN JUDD WALKER
HB: DOCHERTY JANKSCH SIMPSON

FOL: WARNOCK CRIPPS GIBBS
INT: WHILEY, DAISY, CURNOW

I just wanna see mids that back themselves to kick goals.

Couple of years ago Murphy as a mid kicked more goals than Davis the AA forward pocket.

Him, Juddy, Gibbs never get near the 50 anymore, yet I watch a side like GWS (my new favourite), and they have fellas like Treloar, Shiel & Smith, who just go crazy eyes anywhere within 60, left or right foot, and back themselves.

Bugger the game plan when you have mids that can slot it 60 metres.

The midfield talent at that club is mind boggling, there's so many good ball winners, guys who'd be usualy stuck as mediocre onballers are having a field day off the flanks as talented flankers, if that team doesn't go anywhere over the next five years I'll be very suprised. I just hope SOS can bring some of that kind of work to our club. It's a rare sight seeing a young player, like Docherty for example have a 25 possession game for our club, it's just the norm for so many players at GWS.

“For Nick Graham to play as an inside mid, he has to squeeze out one of Chris Judd, Bryce Gibbs, Andrew Carrazzo, Marc Murphy or Patrick Cripps,” Barker said"

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...thout-earning-it/story-e6frf3e3-1227304587979

Seriously Gibbs, Murphy are playing as inside mids coulda fooled me..... Carrazzo hasn't squeezed himself out?

I really hate this, how we structure, they should all be playing in the one team, Have some balls Carlton and do what all the best sides have done and take the marque players ot of the center and use them as change mids who play forward/back. No Idea.

The real question is.. Why not play Graham, Bell Etc inside so it releases players like Gibbs and Murphy to give some outside run? Not saying don't play inside at all but rather rotating between the two but predominantly outside.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any updates on Whiley, I've read he's been play for Northern for the past couple of weeks? With Cripps no certainty to return, and Ellard and Tutt likely to be dropped, I would love to see Whiley be given a run.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back