Strategy Midfield Crows Woes

Remove this Banner Ad

Has anyone explained why Seedsman was in the middle on the weekend yet?

Don't give me the "it's only a trial game" rubbish, as we tried it in the season proper last year (along with Atkins) and it was an unmitigated disaster.

I thought we demoted the fool who thought that was a good idea.

Don't give me the "it's only a trial game" rubbish, as we tried it in the season proper last year (along with Atkins) and it was an unmitigated disaster.

It's the Crows

Every season we forget what happened in prior seasons and only go off training. Takes half a year to learn what we already knew again

It's the Crows

Every season we forget what happened in prior seasons and only go off training. Takes half a year to learn what we already knew again
VB was just on the radio, didn't mention Seedsman in his midfield rotations.

Here hoping he's quicker to realise than his predecessors.

The best thing about how bad our midfield is this year is we’ll get a chance to get a super talented local mid at the draft or 2x hopefully . It’s a long slow rebuild , if we can add 2 dynamic , highly skilled mids to win he hardness of Pedlar and Berry it will start to look pretty good in future but it’s a long game

The best thing about how bad our midfield is this year is we’ll get a chance to get a super talented local mid at the draft or 2x hopefully . It’s a long slow rebuild , if we can add 2 dynamic , highly skilled mids to win he hardness of Pedlar and Berry it will start to look pretty good in future but it’s a long game

I'm just worried we'll panic when our defence (minus Harto and possibly Talia) get monstered and then draft more KPD's with our early pick(s).

I'm just worried we'll panic when our defence (minus Harto and possibly Talia) get monstered and then draft more KPD's with our early pick(s).
Wouldn't think so, even if McAsey leaves (don't think he will) I think we'll look to trade one in.

Let's start by saying I'm a fan of Sloan.

But can someone that understand the midfield set up and rotations, identify what it is about Sloan's game that's dropped off some much?

2016-2017 he was elite.

All Australian 2016

I was hoping for a Travis boak like revival this year but didn't see him much in the crows vs port practice match.

2017 Average 7.8 tackles (80mins game time)
2020 Average 4.1 tackles (64mins game time ~20% less) x1.20 = 4.92

2017 Average 13.1 kicks (80mins game time)
2020 Average 7.7 kicks (64mins game time ~ 20% less) x1.20 = 9.24

2017 Average 24.5 kicks (80mins game time)
2020 Average 15.8 kicks (64mins game time ~20% less) x1.20 = 18.26

2020 injuries, being an odd covid year and media commitments filming that doc series would have taken focus away from footy.

The drop off has also been aligned with his Lisfranc injury 2018.

On SM-G988B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Let's start by saying I'm a fan of Sloan.

But can someone that understand the midfield set up and rotations, identify what it is about Sloan's game that's dropped off some much?

2016-2017 he was elite.

All Australian 2016

I was hoping for a Travis boak like revival this year but didn't see him much in the crows vs port practice match.

2017 Average 7.8 tackles (80mins game time)
2020 Average 4.1 tackles (64mins game time ~20% less) x1.20 = 4.92

2017 Average 13.1 kicks (80mins game time)
2020 Average 7.7 kicks (64mins game time ~ 20% less) x1.20 = 9.24

2017 Average 24.5 kicks (80mins game time)
2020 Average 15.8 kicks (64mins game time ~20% less) x1.20 = 18.26

2020 injuries, being an odd covid year and media commitments filming that doc series would have taken focus away from footy.

The drop off has also been aligned with his Lisfranc injury 2018.

On SM-G988B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'll keep it simple.

He wrecked his foot, which was mismanaged by the club, and now he's ****ed.

Didn't really happen until the very end of the game once it was well past the point of getting out of hand.

It's the Crows

Not the Crows again. :drunk:

Sorry you elicited a memory I had as a child, it was fond one too. :$

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His foot is fine.

Yup. Sloane bounced back to pretty much what he was producing in 2017 the season after that injury.

His issues are different to injury mismanagement, it's either a physical player past 30 has found the cliff, or the game against Port was one of many examples of Sloane having a large chasm between his best and worst.

Yup. Sloane bounced back to pretty much what he was producing in 2017 the season after that injury.

His issues are different to injury mismanagement, it's either a physical player past 30 has found the cliff, or the game against Port was one of many examples of Sloane having a large chasm between his best and worst.
Elements of both I think.

Good players will still play good games even in their twilight years because they're good players. They just won't be able to do it every week.

IMO Sloane has been rocked by his son's death. He is focussed these days on his new lad. Footy is now a distant second to his family. Tex was floundering as well with Ellie and his personal trials. Both no longer have that burning desire anymore. Family has replaced it.

IMO Sloane has been rocked by his son's death. He is focussed these days on his new lad. Footy is now a distant second to his family. Tex was floundering as well with Ellie and his personal trials. Both no longer have that burning desire anymore. Family has replaced it.
I think that's somewhat true on a day to day basis, but wouldn't play a part on GameDay.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back