Midnight Oil- relevant anymore?

Remove this Banner Ad

Finally got around to listening to it. Yeah, not a fan.

I don't begrudge Garrett for taking the road he took. I'm sure he would be the first to agree he wasn't able to affect change in the way that he hoped. But I'm not one to take pot shots from the cheap shots and it doesn't change how I view the band.

But I would readily admit to be an early Oils fan - anything Species Deceases or before and to me their music became less interesting around that time. Whether it was due to Gifford leaving and Bones coming on board, whether it was the impact personally on members after the outback tour or them just maturing and combination of some or all of those. But yeah, to me they lost some of the prog rock influences that made them interesting. But that's cool, I'd never expect good artists to stay in the same place.

I'll always be a fan though and I'll listen to any new stuff it it comes out. And I'll always have tinnitus from that gig at the Calamvale!

Last edited:

Still relevant?
Who knows, dont care.
Never been a huge fan but liked alot of their songs.
Did some high quality work in their career.
Good music, will always be good music...crazy bullshit trends and tastes of whatever time frame be damned.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back