Game Day Mighty Dockers vs The Kangas (Len Hall Game, 2017)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoken4

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Fremantle & Peel Thunder
Talk of Higgins being a late out on the North Board.

Freo for the win off the back of a dominant midfield performance. Fyfe 3 votes.

Looking forward to this game. Hope to see Tucker get his hands on the ball and really show what a class player he is. CMac has been building so I just hope he can clunck a few more of those marks and just go back and slot a few. Got to bring a lot of pressure and use the run we've displayed over the last few weeks (Using the word "run" for a fremantle side over the last few years is a bit weird)

Pretty pumped for the game. Dockers by 9 Points.

Game day!

Never really liked Norf, probably due to pinchgate. Now that both the involved players are gone, the feeling faded a little. But I hate to be the team that broke North's Owen, or anyone else's Owen for that matter. Not on captain's Fyfe's watch! :D

As usual, hope for effort from the boys.
Hope Tucker plays a blinder and keep his spot.

Last edited:
Besides a complete annihilation of Norf, all I really want to see is a continuation of our newfound free-flowing, goal kicking, run and gun gameplan. Haven't enjoyed watching our footy like that in ages.

Hoping for:
- Tucker to stay involved 20+ disposals and lots of pressure acts.
- Logue to kick a goal.
- Cam McCarthy to kick 3 or more.
- Kersten to kick 2 or more.
- Crozier mark of the week plus a goal or two.
- Hughes to settle in and show us some drive out the backline.
- Weller and Langdon to start running with the ball more.
- Our midfield to be consistent for 4 qtrs.
- Johnson to keep building and to show more confidence in himself.
- 4+ goals from Fyfe, Mundy, Neale
- Some telepathic plays between the Hill bros.
- Free flowing football. Embrace the Pace.
- 4 points.

Let's see how many we can get.

Logue needs to show a bit more this week. Hopefully he has a bit more confidence going into the game after a couple of games under his belt

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm feeling a little more reserved than I was a few days ago about this game - I still believe we'll be competitive and could even snag a win if we're on top in most areas of the game, but I'm not going to be upset if we have a dignified loss.

We're all riding the momentum of the last two weeks, but there's probably no easy fix to (nearly) our last two years of vacuous Football. Injecting youth has clearly been one side of it but we've got a very long way to go still. North on the other hand have had some solid close matches, and their experience could see them over the line here.

If we win by any margin however I think it would be our greatest victory since potentially the Geelong qualifying final in 2013 (with the Roos playing well of course) - because it would mean we've literally done a 180 degree spin with a side that was honestly staring down the barrel of being worse than what we were putting together 16 seasons ago. That sort of insane improvement in less than a month would have to be nearly unheard of - naturally none of that applies if the Roos play like a dogs breakfast.

In any event, it should be great viewing.

Hoping for:
- Tucker to stay involved 20+ disposals and lots of pressure acts.
- Logue to kick a goal.
- Cam McCarthy to kick 3 or more.
- Kersten to kick 2 or more.
- Crozier mark of the week plus a goal or two.
- Hughes to settle in and show us some drive out the backline.
- Weller and Langdon to start running with the ball more.
- Our midfield to be consistent for 4 qtrs.
- Johnson to keep building and to show more confidence in himself.
- 4+ goals from Fyfe, Mundy, Neale
- Some telepathic plays between the Hill bros.
- Free flowing football. Embrace the Pace.
- 4 points.

Let's see how many we can get.

+ Sandi's kicks to out number his handballs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back