Toast Mighty Mick Martyn

Remove this Banner Ad

The fact that he had to play 13 games at the Blues to get to 300 is an absolute disgrace.

F/S, 2 time premiership player, edit dual Syd Barker Medalist

We could have given him the games.

Yet to see us gift games to anyone regardless of how good a player they have been.

Even in Darren Crocker's 9 game stint when Laidley was sacked he played the best 22 available each week and we won 3 of the last 4 games.

spt_crows3006.jpg

But in order to elevate his game to the next level, Martyn said he wants to see Swallow emulate the feats of Geelong captain Joel Selwood.

"I’d like to see him (Swallow) come off with more cut eyes and split lips or blood noses like Selwood because that lifts the whole team," Martyn toldNMFC.com.au in a past player survey.

Don't know if the girls l go to the footy with would enjoy this !

Are they sure that's what he said?

Cos in every interview I've seen Mick do, I couldn't understand a single word he was saying...

Can't gift that many games imo.

We finished 10th.

Perhaps if we gifted him games and did an actual rebuild things through the 00s would have been different.

Yet to see us gift games to anyone regardless of how good a player they have been.

It must be that we only gift games to those players who are gonna be great for us.

Like the 15 games we gave Lance Picioane in 05.

Even in Darren Crocker's 9 game stint when Laidley was sacked he played the best 22 available each week and we won 3 of the last 4 games.

The only way that that is even remotely relevant is because during those 9 games we could see our way to play a bloke stuck on 149 games. What is it 150 games or ten years service for life membership? We strand a guy on 9 years and 149 games.

We got Shannon Watt there but couldn't get Harris a guy not 3 years early touted as a future captain.

What difference does it make if you finish with less than 20 games short of a 'particular milestone' ?? AFL Life Membership?? o_O They'll give it to you anyway considering all the night games.. yada yada yada… to do for selfish reasons… which holds back the development of the KIDS in a team that isn't even a contender was SLOPPY- SELFISH decision making from MM. But in saying that… the Blues fans have basically WIPED OFF the Pagan days as a BIG JACK WRITE OFF.. so nothing was gained/ ventured aside 'THE WOODEN SPOONS' :D:D:D

"Bake a cake Blues!!"

show_image.php

THREE SPOONS in SIX years… 2002 and back to back 2005-6 :thumbsu::thumbsu:

but without Denis Pagan.. they wouldn't have claimed pre-season silverware in 2005 & 2007!!

Last edited:
The fact that he had to play 13 games at the Blues to get to 300 is an absolute disgrace.

F/S, 2 time premiership player, edit dual Syd Barker Medalist

We could have given him the games.
But Laidleys wanted to pump games into Shannon Watts. :stern look

We finished 10th.

Perhaps if we gifted him games and did an actual rebuild things through the 00s would have been different.

It must be that we only gift games to those players who are gonna be great for us.

Like the 15 games we gave Lance Picioane in 05.

The only way that that is even remotely relevant is because during those 9 games we could see our way to play a bloke stuck on 149 games. What is it 150 games or ten years service for life membership? We strand a guy on 9 years and 149 games.

We got Shannon Watt there but couldn't get Harris a guy not 3 years early touted as a future captain.

The rebuilding was poor, but I think that's a separate issue. I don't agree with gifting games unless it's a small amount and our season is over - Harris should have got another game, Martyn shouldn't have got another 13.

Picioane shouldn't have got that many games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The rebuilding was poor, but I think that's a separate issue. I don't agree with gifting games unless it's a small amount and our season is over - Harris should have got another game, Martyn shouldn't have got another 13.

Picioane shouldn't have got that many games.
How abouts Sam Powers? :stern look

Can we get this one in to the past players thread mods? :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back