Mike Pyke

Remove this Banner Ad

Debris

Team Captain
Oct 14, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
With Tippett, Reid and Mumford at the Swans now, I hope Adelaide get into his ear that there might not be room for him.
Be more likely to get Mumford than Pyke at the moment. Not that either is likely to be squeezed out unless their form drops.

Righteo

Purple Campaigner
Apr 7, 2010
West
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Brewers
Seriously underrated. From barely deserving his spot a while ago to being a consistent top performer for us and seriously challenging Mumford for a spot when Tippett comes in.
He's been better than Mumford all season though hasn't he? Isn't he your number 1 ruck now?

dangle

Team Captain
Nov 17, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Carolina Panthers, OKC Thunder
Believe it or not, when you lead the league in contested marks, that means you've had more contested marks than any other player in the league. I'm pretty certain Buddy is a player in the AFL, so yes, Buddy as well. Sorry pal

Edit: For the record, your boy Buddy is currently ranked 16th in the league for contested marks.

MF

Good Poster, sh*t Bloke
Sep 10, 2006
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
He's been better than Mumford all season though hasn't he? Isn't he your number 1 ruck now?
Definitely been our number 1 all year. They split ruck duties fairly evenly but Pyke has Mumford covered in every area of the game.

Plugger35

The umpires are always right!
Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
The big Canadian just gets better with every game.

As a rugby union player and watcher I've followed his career fairly closely in both codes, he was a gun fullback for Canada in rugby union so he has plenty of pace and skill, it was just a matter of translating it to AFL which he is starting to do.

All the hype was about Karmichael Hunt and Israel Folau switching codes but Mike Pyke is the real rugby to AFL success story and he isn't on a million bucks plus per year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad