Mike Pyke

Remove this Banner Ad

With Tippett, Reid and Mumford at the Swans now, I hope Adelaide get into his ear that there might not be room for him.

Be more likely to get Mumford than Pyke at the moment. Not that either is likely to be squeezed out unless their form drops.

The thread was brought up at a random point of time when things were looking brighter than ever for Pyke.
Should've been added to here.... http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/mike-pyke-respect.974974/

clapping-seal-o.gif

Believe it or not, when you lead the league in contested marks, that means you've had more contested marks than any other player in the league. I'm pretty certain Buddy is a player in the AFL, so yes, Buddy as well. Sorry pal

Edit: For the record, your boy Buddy is currently ranked 16th in the league for contested marks.

He's been better than Mumford all season though hasn't he? Isn't he your number 1 ruck now?

Definitely been our number 1 all year. They split ruck duties fairly evenly but Pyke has Mumford covered in every area of the game.

The big Canadian just gets better with every game.

As a rugby union player and watcher I've followed his career fairly closely in both codes, he was a gun fullback for Canada in rugby union so he has plenty of pace and skill, it was just a matter of translating it to AFL which he is starting to do.

All the hype was about Karmichael Hunt and Israel Folau switching codes but Mike Pyke is the real rugby to AFL success story and he isn't on a million bucks plus per year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back