Club Focus Port Adelaide 2021 - Skinner, Finlayson, Sinn, Jackson, Visentini, Burgoyne

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

Port Adelaide club focus thread

Data from footywire. To check the draft order see the thread here.

Footywire says: "While we make every effort to keep up to date with player contracts, it is likely that our data may at times be out of date, incomplete or inaccurate. If you find any player contracts that need updating, please let us know using our brand new contract submission form."

Last edited by a moderator:
Miles Bergman. Very talented young player. He's contracted, but he's from Victoria and Hinkley has just dropped him in favour of playing all of Marshall, Georgiades and Dixon together, because that just worked so well last time.

Which clubs need him the most? What deal would get it done?

Very talented young player. He's contracted, but he's from Victoria and Hinkley has just dropped him in favour of playing all of Marshall, Georgiades and Dixon together, because that just worked so well last time.

Which clubs need him the most? What deal would get it done?
When was the last time Port played those 3 together?

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

"Unless there's a proper outcome for both parties, then I would suggest right now, Pete's going to be at Port Adelaide next year," Port's general manager of football Chris Davies told Continental Tyres AFL Trade Radio.

"At the same time, we understand this period is about players as much as anything exploring what they want from their career, and Pete is in a hurry to get that spot. We think there's a player in front of him at the moment that we have a large degree of faith in.

"I wouldn't know [which clubs are keen], I leave that to (list manager) Jason Cripps to manage.

"I would hesitate to suggest Pete won't be at our footy club next year, it's going to take something significant, I think, to be contemplating not having him in our team next year."

"No real update (on Finlayson), other than to say with the guys we've been linked with – obviously Tim O'Brien is another one we've been linked with – Jason Cripps likes to be well prepared in doing his due diligence on a number of people across the board," Davies said.

"I heard Reidy (Adelaide list manager Justin Reid) mention earlier that both clubs are looking at players who are looking to come back to Adelaide or who have ties in South Australia. Jeremy is one of those.

"I wouldn't suggest it's a priority, but at the same time we'll keep an open mind as to how we will get better through the Trade and Draft Period."

OTHER NEWS FROM CHRIS DAVIES
  • Robbie Gray, Martin Frederick (one-year deals) and Riley Bonner (two years) have re-signed
  • Contracted key back Tom Clurey is a required player and is expected to be in the best 22 next year, despite being unable to regain his spot after recovering from a broken jaw
  • The club will be looking to replace new Carlton coach Michael Voss in the next fortnight, either by bringing someone in or shuffling existing assistant duties

It’s not sounding unlike the Chad Wingard scenario atm. I was very unsatisfied with how that turned out so hopefully Davies and co. know what they are doing here.

It’s not sounding unlike the Chad Wingard scenario atm. I was very unsatisfied with how that turned out so hopefully Davies and co. know what they are doing here.
Disatisfied with the wingard outcome? I reckon port made out like bandits

Remove this Banner Ad

Back