Recommitted Miles Bergman [Re-Signed to 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

An absolute must sign for us.

Youve heard of Jack of all trades, miles is a master of all, well as good a multi positional player as you could find.

Has shown he can be a high end half back with his kicking speed tackling aerial intercept ability and run and carry. We moved him to the wing late last year and he’s showing elite signs there. Has also shown a couple of glimpses of what he could be as an onballer.

Just has great all round skill set.

Really liked him in his draft year. Good overhead and seems to be able to run between the arcs well. Should be a gun marking wingman in time

An absolute must sign for us.

Youve heard of Jack of all trades, miles is a master of all, well as good a multi positional player as you could find.

Has shown he can be a high end half back with his kicking speed tackling aerial intercept ability and run and carry. We moved him to the wing late last year and he’s showing elite signs there. Has also shown a couple of glimpses of what he could be as an onballer.

Just has great all round skill set.
What would you expect to get for him?

Hopefully it’s something we don’t have to think about. We have a great track record at keeping players.

It’s also going to depend on his form this year as last year his season was wiped out by an illness. But he’s going to be a very good player.
You did a nice job of dodging that question...

He was talking to a few Vic clubs last year, and supposedly wasn’t a big fan of Ken.
Will be an interesting watch to see if the chat amounts to anything or if he re-signs.

He was talking to a few Vic clubs last year, and supposedly wasn’t a big fan of Ken.
Will be an interesting watch to see if the chat amounts to anything or if he re-signs.
Is probably why he is a fan favourite.

Might not be a consideration in 2024 anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was thinking about leaving because he was lying in a hospital bed half-dead away from his family.
He had a fair bit of interest from Vic, and I believe he still does if he is looking at his options.

A gun might be pushing it a little, but he has shown some promise.

What would you expect to get in a trade?
That would depend on his form this year. If he was traded today, off the back of his heavily illness effected 2022 form, he's probably worth a pick around 20-25. If he plays a full year to the standard he's played his preseason games, he's probably back to being worth around the mid-to-late first he was drafted with. But of course he'd be uncontracted, so what he's worth and what we might get are often very different.

If Miles does ask for a trade, hopefully he's willing to go to the Demons and Kossie requests a trade back the other way, and it can be done along with a pick swap in Melbourne's favour.

A gun might be pushing it a little, but he has shown some promise.

What would you expect to get in a trade?

A billion ...

He a consistent player and even last year was a fair effort with what happened to him. He'll have a good year and be worth around his pick (14).

A billion ...

He a consistent player and even last year was a fair effort with what happened to him. He'll have a good year and be worth around his pick (14).
I think he would have to have a very good year to be worth pick 14. More likely an early to mid second round pick but a lot of water to go under the bridge obviously.

Unfortunately history suggests it is often hard to get good value for those types

I think he would have to have a very good year to be worth pick 14. More likely an early to mid second round pick but a lot of water to go under the bridge obviously.

Unfortunately history suggests it is often hard to get good value for those types

I mean, we only have to go look at your posts on NWM for a guy who plays the same position to work out what he should be worth. Pick 19 might as well be a first and I'd be bitter, but it wouldn't be the worst thing to happen. 28 is still a mid 2nd, which will probably be taken about 33. At that point i'd rather send him to the PSD and give a North/Hawthorn a freebie than bend over for a top 4 vic side. I don't think anyone outside of Port actually understands how good he is because he's not super flashy. He just doesn't lose contests on the wing. He has no weaknesses. He does everything well above average.

If he has a good year he’ll be worth a first I reckon. Mid-late first.

if Bergman has a good year he will have 10 vic teams throwing the kitchen sink at him.

189cm 21yr olds who can play midfield / defense / forward and are strong in the air and very good kicks are going to be on the top of every list managers list.

Our only concern (if Miles asked to be traded, and that’s a big if) is that he has a middling slightly improved but not fully established season.

Anyone who paid attention to him in the preseason would know that’s unlikely.

He was in our best couple of players in the preseason.

He’s going to light it up this season.

Given the quality of young SA players floating around the 'that's all we got' defence isn't going to cut it. We're not going to be able to stroll up to a negotiation for Pickett (if it happens) and say 'ah well, he's OCC, and we don't have anything to offer, how about a 2nd+F2? hur dur). Bergman is going to have a good year, hopefully re-sign, but if he doesn't, he's going for a first or involved in trade for a blue-chip player, not some bullshit lucky dip pick where you're lucky if you get an AFL player and stoked if you get a good one.

I mean, we only have to go look at your posts on NWM for a guy who plays the same position to work out what he should be worth. Pick 19 might as well be a first and I'd be bitter, but it wouldn't be the worst thing to happen. 28 is still a mid 2nd, which will probably be taken about 33. At that point i'd rather send him to the PSD and give a North/Hawthorn a freebie than bend over for a top 4 vic side. I don't think anyone outside of Port actually understands how good he is because he's not super flashy. He just doesn't lose contests on the wing. He has no weaknesses. He does everything well above average.
Which posts are you referring to?

I do find it ironic that you said St Kilda would be lucky to get a second round pick for NWM but this guy seems to be worth pick 14.

For what it is worth, I also said it would be hard for St Kilda to get good value for NWM.

As I said though, a lot of water to go under the bridge. No doubt if he has a great season he's going to be worth a bit, but that is a big ask.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back