Review Miles Poholke Is 2019 Make Or Break For Him?

Remove this Banner Ad

fourhorseman

Debutant
Mar 10, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Played a few games since being drafted, in and out of the side is 2019 a make or break year for him?

Going by his Instagram seems he spends a lot of time ‘goofing off’ drinking etc or am l missing a serious side to him?

Thoughts?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Played a few games since being drafted, in and out of the side is 2019 a make or break year for him?

Going by his Instagram seems he spends a lot of time ‘goofing off’ drinking etc or am l missing a serious side to him?

Thoughts?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yes agreed. 2019 make or break. From memory he only got a one year extension to end of 2019?

Hasn’t impressed. Wrong decisions, caught with the ball. No stand out features to me. Won’t make it but I hope I am wrong

Last edited:

Yes agreed. 2019 make or break. From memory he only got a one year extension to end of 2019?

Hasn’t impressed. Wrong decisions, caught with the ball. No standard out features to me. Won’t make it but I hope I am wrong

Watched the replay of the Bulldogs game this season last night--Round 5 I think. He played okay in that one. Maybe he will surprise us and come on this year.

He'd have to have several spectacular games in the SANFL to even break into the AFL side or lots of injuries and even then I don't think he'd stay long. Hopefully he has a good year in the 2's, would be nice trade bait at the end of the year.

Dylan’s development is perfectly on track.

He played no games in his first year at the Crows and then 9 games last year. The main problem is that he will eventually be an inside midfielder and he is currently behind Mrouch, Greenwood and CEY. He is not strong enough yet to play as a pure inside mid in the AFL so we have used him as a small forward.

As much as I enjoy the capacity of many Crows supporters to write off our KIDS, I wouldn’t be taking out the texta just yet.

Dylan’s development is perfectly on track.

He played no games in his first year at the Crows and then 9 games last year. The main problem is that he will eventually be an inside midfielder and he is currently behind Mrouch, Greenwood and CEY. He is not strong enough yet to play as a pure inside mid in the AFL so we have used him as a small forward.

As much as I enjoy the capacity of many Crows supporters to write off our KIDS, I wouldn’t be taking out the texta just yet.
He's got plenty of work to do currently, in a lot of those 9 games he showed little composure and on more than one occasion looked like a deer in the spotlight. I hope you're right but I'm not seeing it.

Love his intensity and work rate when he has come into the side, but his skill level isn't quite at AFL level yet. Depending on how this years draftees turn out, he would have to improve a considerable amount to be offered a new contract.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love his intensity and work rate when he has come into the side, but his skill level isn't quite at AFL level yet. Depending on how this years draftees turn out, he would have to improve a considerable amount to be offered a new contract.
Yes, I would have to agree with this

Would hope he at least starts to show a lot more as an inside mid in the SANFL at least.

How many years did CEY get before he played 10 games?

Reckon Dylan is safe for a couple of years still

Reckon he will struggle to get games with Jones and McHenry in the squad now.

Haven't seen an AFL player in him yet. Lacks fast decision making

He’s a poor man Sam Kerridge.

Gone at seasons end. May get a second chance with a Victorian club.

How many years did CEY get before he played 10 games?

Reckon Dylan is safe for a couple of years still
Two years of draft sanctions make a huge impact on who you keep as there's limited ability to replace.

That said there are worse players on AFL lists that CEY. He's depth on the rookie list and if he can get listed at another club he probably should take that opportunity, but he's keen to stay.

If, and it's a big IF, Brad Crouch can stay fit all of the inside mids go back one spot.

Poholke is under the pump for a list spot especially as we have a top 1-3 draft pick next year thanks to Carlton.

I reckon he will improve this year, the concern for mine is him picking up the pace of AFL level in his decision making, which he won't get playing SANFL.

We do develop talent very, very well. But in some cases like Poholke I wonder if he would have been better off being picked up by a crap club that just got games into him so he could adjust to the pace/level?

He'll get better but I'm unsure if it will be enough.

A big year needed for Miles but I think there are already a number of candidates ahead of him gone at seasons end so I'd expect him to be around in 2020. I haven't seen much from him to excite me.

He played pretty well in that Freo game (I know I deserve to be carded for even mentioning that game).

He needs a big pre-season to put his name in the selectors' minds. Same as Davis.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back