******* millennials!

Remove this Banner Ad

No they don't. Missus and I never had the oppertunity to freeload of our parents whilst saving for a home.

Lucky you weren't face with the same economic environment then!

Lucky you weren't face with the same economic environment then!

LOL Are you serious?

I started working in 1986 a year before the 1987 Black Monday stock market crash. That was followed by Cain/Kirner bankrupting Victoria in 1991-1992. Jobs were hard to come by for young people at that time with double didgit unemployment, some of us even had to move interstate to find work. Then there was the GFC 10-11 years ago, but you probably missed that as well. But please, tell me again how millennials have it so much harder during one of the most prosperous time in our nations history.

You think that's going to continue when the greedy baby boomer and foreign investors get back into the market?

Oh well, I'm sure all of the oldies will continue to complain even as millennial's and younger pay for their social security pensions, pensions that will be non-existent by the time I reach retirement age that's for sure.

You'd have to admit that your generation are far less likely to move to get a job. Not only interstate but to the regional areas.
I admit that getting into the housing market is incredibly difficult, but gee, apart from that, you guys wouldn't really know what tough times were.

You'd have to admit that your generation are far less likely to move to get a job. Not only interstate but to the regional areas.
I admit that getting into the housing market is incredibly difficult, but gee, apart from that, you guys wouldn't really know what tough times were.

You would have to admit that there are more jobs in cities than regional areas? I moved to the city from a regional area (Tassie) because there were no jobs for me.

LOL Are you serious?
But please, tell me again how millennials have it so much harder during one of the most prosperous time in our nations history.

Prosperous for who? The people who have already accumulated the wealth? i.e. baby boomers.

Youth (14 to 24) unemployment is at 13% and underemployment at 20%, double that of any other age bracket.

We face the issue of the automation of jobs through technological advancement. This means that the baby boomers who own the businesses don't need to employ as many of us. Watch unemployment grow as meaningless jobs are filtered out. A very real prospect for a lot of people. For example, how many young people do you think Coles and Woolworths are employing now compared to 10 years ago before the self serve checkout was invented?

The issue for us isn't that times are tough NOW, its the stress of what our future holds.

You would have to admit that there are more jobs in cities than regional areas? I moved to the city from a regional area (Tassie) because there were no jobs for me.

Yes and no.
Plenty of jobs in regional areas and interstate, but we constantly see millennials complaining that there is no work, so they stay on welfare and sit at home.
I realise that I am generalising here, but as Andrew said, we had double digit unemployment and things were tough. But we didn't sit on our backside and moan, we went out, anywhere, and actively looked for work.

We are friendlier, more attractive to look at, less bigoted, more understanding of mental health and disabilities, and are more effectionate than most house pets. I don't know why anyone complains about my beautiful generation. I cannot wait until we are in control and can heal our mother earth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Take a look at Chief's feedback thread with regards to the recent site upgrade.
Full of millennials crying about their lost badges, oh the background is too light/dark, I don't like the font, I want my mum etc. etc.
It's quite incredible.

Take a look at Chief's feedback thread with regards to the recent site upgrade.
Full of millennials crying about their lost badges, oh the background is too light/dark, I don't like the font, I want my mum etc. etc.
It's quite incredible.
Where is the function to determine a posters age?

Where is the function to determine a posters age?
It's an assumption, no doubt. However I find it hard to believe that other generations would get so worked up, so quickly, about things so trivial.

We are friendlier, more attractive to look at, less bigoted, more understanding of mental health and disabilities, and are more effectionate than most house pets. I don't know why anyone complains about my beautiful generation. I cannot wait until we are in control and can heal our mother earth.

Millennial: "I am struggling."
Older person: "Shut up and stop whining, you don't know real struggle. Back in my day etc etc etc."

Human being: "I am struggling."
Millennial: "Awww :( Is there anything I can do to help?"

It's an assumption, no doubt. However I find it hard to believe that other generations would get so worked up, so quickly, about things so trivial.

Just have to read through this thread to reverse that belief.

Prosperous for who? The people who have already accumulated the wealth? i.e. baby boomers.

Youth (14 to 24) unemployment is at 13% and underemployment at 20%, double that of any other age bracket.

We face the issue of the automation of jobs through technological advancement. This means that the baby boomers who own the businesses don't need to employ as many of us. Watch unemployment grow as meaningless jobs are filtered out. A very real prospect for a lot of people. For example, how many young people do you think Coles and Woolworths are employing now compared to 10 years ago before the self serve checkout was invented?

The issue for us isn't that times are tough NOW, its the stress of what our future holds.

Youth unemployment was even higher when I was your age. No award wage for hospitality jobs either. We waited tables for $7hr yet don't remember anyone being as pessemistic about their future as you. Some low level service jobs of today being lost to automation is nothing compared to all manufacturing jobs that were lost to China in the 90's. You're living in the best time in the history of humanity yet you don't seem to realise it or appreciate it. Other than unsustainably high realestate prices just about everything is better for you than it was for your parents and grand parents.

Your trolling skillz are underrated on this forum.

Millennial: "I am struggling."
Older person: "Shut up and stop whining, you don't know real struggle. Back in my day etc etc etc."

Human being: "I am struggling."
Millennial: "Awww :( Is there anything I can do to help?"
Our whole generation is in the #AdorableSquad

I too thought Millennials were ******, until I found out Millennials are 1981 -1996.

I have since changed my stance to all Millennials born after me are ******.

I’ve gone from Gen X to Gen Y to Millennial. These year ranges are absolute bullshit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back