Miller is a Clipper

Remove this Banner Ad

I hear Odom refused the deal. He won't play in Cleveland.

There was a deal was organised for draft night, but with Caron Butler. Yet, the Clips drafted Wilcox, so the deal was then Odom and Ely, but Odom pulled the pin.

I have a feeling Miller will end up in NY.

Originally posted by mattyc2422
I hear Odom refused the deal. He won't play in Cleveland.

There was a deal was organised for draft night, but with Caron Butler. Yet, the Clips drafted Wilcox, so the deal was then Odom and Ely, but Odom pulled the pin.

I have a feeling Miller will end up in NY.

Who would the cavs want off NY?? they dont have anything to offer.

The draft night mishap was hilarious. Typical Clipps :p

Anyway, I heard the trade will go through, hopefully it does, the Clippers need a point guard (surely they dont think Jaric will start), and i'd love to see Lamar rack up big number every night.

Imagine Wagner, Davis, Lamar and Wilcox, complemented by the 3 biggest bust centre's in the NBA (Z, Desagana and Mihm) - Ok you cant have an all electric starting 5, but ahh well :D

Who would the cavs want off NY??

Whoever gives them the best chance of tanking and picking up LeBron James next draft? ;)

Spree could be involved in a 3-way.

Tough decision to move Miller, as he is a steady PG that can play, but the NBA these days is all about getting butts in the seats, rather than winning.

Maybe Q or Corey Magette could take Odom's spot in the deal.

If it wasn't for my man Tony Parker, I'd take Dre Miller on the Spurs in a heartbeat.

Odom on the other hand, can play, if he stays out of trouble, which is his major drawback from being a good player to a superstar.

Apparently the Clippers were offering Q, 8 and 12 for pick #2.

Maybe that could be a deal with the Cavs.

I am almost certain LeBron will goto the Cavs, hes from the area isnt he?? and the franchise is for sale...maybe he could be the saviour.

Tony Parker is a gun...surely Dre is an upgrade though ;)

Cavs would be stupid to do this trade...Miller is one of the best PG's going around. Why give him up for a rookie and Lamar Useless. Unless of course they plan on tanking and getting LeBron in the draft.

Miller would be a perfect fit for Washington, dont know who the Wizards could offer up though.

Originally posted by jod23
Cavs would be stupid to do this trade...Miller is one of the best PG's going around. Why give him up for a rookie and Lamar Useless.

Ignorant Jod, very ignorant.

Lamar Odom has the talent to become a franchise player, the potential is amazing.

A move out of the nightlight in LA to the lil old Cleveland could be all Lamar needs to stay out of trouble and focus on basketball.

He has the "potential". It's up to him if he want's to be a serious guy in the league.
He'll never be a franchise guy in LA with Brand there, but they could work well together.

As for Tony Parker. I'm looking forward to seeing a Timmy-Tony one-two combo for years to come :)
Dre would be an upgrade now, but the Tony seems to be a huge part in SA's plans.

Tony may be a big part of the Spurs future but Timmy isn't.

He's an FA after next season and just watch out for the feeding frenzy on that one.

You're more likely to see him linking up with TMac for a few years.

Odom has talent but has shown no sign of a brain. As Jod says, if the Cavs trade Dre for Odom and anything they are praying that LeBron James comes their way in the lottery, because they are aiming to be in it.

Even if they keep Miller they will suck, so why dont they just trade him for a couple of great young players, and also have a chance to pick up the most hyped up high schooler since god knows when.

I remember a few years a go there was this player, everyone was on about. A beast centre, the next shaq...from Illinois..and he was a lock for #1.

He fell to #4 and his name was Eddy Curry.

Sure the Curry hype isnt as big as the Lebron Hype, but if Lebron isnt as good as people say he is.... there will be atleast 5 GM'2 and owners with this kinda face -->:eek:

Tim isn't gonna leave. Espeicially not to Orlando with some of the moves they've made lately.

I'm 80% sure he will remain with the Spurs.

Tim is not the guy that plays for money. He plays for rings.

What would you want on your team?
Tony Parker, Malik Rose, Speedy Claxton, Emanuel Ginobili and plenty of cap room in 2003
or
T-Mac and a pack of scrubs?

Yes, I am biased.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Booze Hound
Tony may be a big part of the Spurs future but Timmy isn't.

He's an FA after next season and just watch out for the feeding frenzy on that one.

You're more likely to see him linking up with TMac for a few years.

Odom has talent but has shown no sign of a brain. As Jod says, if the Cavs trade Dre for Odom and anything they are praying that LeBron James comes their way in the lottery, because they are aiming to be in it.

Exactly.

If they trade for Odom they are really trying to trade for Lebron! I think Odom does have an upside but he has shown absolutely no sign of actually stepping up any time soon. Lamar could be one of those guys that always had potential but never showed it.

Also agree that Timmy wont be playing with the Spurs in the future.

Tim is not the guy that plays for money. He plays for rings.

What would you want on your team?
Tony Parker, Malik Rose, Speedy Claxton, Emanuel Ginobili and plenty of cap room in 2003
or
T-Mac and a pack of scrubs?

Yes, I am biased.

Is this a trick question??? LOL.

For starters, if Tim plays for rings, which I'm sure he does, then his best option is to leave San Antonio.

Secondly of course he would rather play with T-Mac and a bunch of scrubs. Look at the 3 time World Champs, Kobe, Shaq.....and....a bunch of scrubs. Not to mention the fact that Orlando have got Hill!

If the option to go to Orlando is there at the end of the year I think it will be a no brainer on Timmy's part.

Maybe Duncan didn't want to play with McGrady then but I think he would now. In the last two season Tracey's profile has changed from being a selfish, me first player to one of the best (in my opinion the best) 2 guards in the League with a willingness to get the whole team on the same page.

Given a healthy Hill and/or of Mike Miller staying Orlando may look to acquire the sort of point guard that allows Armstrong to come off the bench (something both the team and the player prefer) in the 2003 Draft, which should be rich in such players. If they do win the Duncan race they are one unselfish but hard working big man away from a very strong starting five. Of course, they might already have him in a 3rd year Stephen Hunter.

If I were them I'd hold on to Miller this year and look to ship either him or Grant Hill at the end of the season (injuries dependent - if he plays a full, or near full season I'd keep Hill) to cover other needs. I think Orlando have something like 10 First Round picks in the next five years so they could get good, and stay good, very quickly.

And no, I'm not a Magic fan as such. It's just that they are a team whose situation intrigues me at the moment. They have the potential to do interesting things, as do Indiana and Dallas.

Originally posted by Booze Hound
Maybe Duncan didn't want to play with McGrady then but I think he would now. In the last two season Tracey's profile has changed from being a selfish, me first player to one of the best (in my opinion the best) 2 guards in the League with a willingness to get the whole team on the same page.

even with their best line up (two seasons ago), the spurs were steamrolled by the lakers...

man.. pass up a chance to play with t-mac and in the eastern conference... no way...

t.duncan will be with orlando...

Not to mention the fact that Orlando have got Hill!
Great. The man that has played 18 games in the past 2 years. I'm excited :rolleyes:

Timmy and T-mac would not work in my opinion. It took this long for Kobe and Shaq to sort themselves out.
T-Mac is still a "franchise" kinda guy. He is the focal point of the Magic offense. I don't see him sharing the offense with Wilt, let alone Timmy Duncan.
The Magic are after Ben Wallace and Danny Fortson, and look what they drafted, Rashard Griffith a 6-11 center and Mario Kasun, a 7-1 center and Ryan Humphrey, a SF/PF . These guys are all there to fill the frontcourt for the future.

*Spurs have Tony Parker, who started and sent the Spurs to the finals at 19! This guy has the potential to be anything, and his fast paced role to get into the lane and dish to Tim works.
*Malik Rose. Top 6th man. Can put up 10/10 figures off the bench. Improves every season
*Emmanuel Ginobilli is mose likely to be signed within the first few days of the FA signing period. One of the best Euro's. Haas won MVP's. Plays SG, and could be starting next season.
*Bruce Bowen can guard better than anyone on the perimeter.
*Caproom in 2003 with David Robinson, Steve Smith and our young guys out of contract, we have plenty of cash to go after a FA's like Shawn Marion, Jermaine O'Neal, Jason Kidd or Dice.

Think these guys have no chance in coming here?.....
More chance than Timmy going to Orlando.

Tim is a loyal guy. SA stuck with him during hard times, and his wife, Amy is starting to settle down here.

Once again, I am biased, but I'll eat my words if he does leave, but we'll wait and see.

the spurs were steamrolled by the lakers...
Last year, SA were within a hands touch of the Lakers. Add a more experianced Parker, and Euro Experianced Ginobilli, a backup PG that can come in without having to chance the pace of the game ala Porter had to, and D-Rob playing his final season, holding nothing back, we are once again close.
Oh, and a new stadium and family. His wife wants to settle down.

Tim is a Spur for more than this season
Amen man.

Great. The man that has played 18 games in the past 2 years. I'm excited :rolleyes:

Timmy and T-mac would not work in my opinion. It took this long for Kobe and Shaq to sort themselves out.
T-Mac is still a "franchise" kinda guy. He is the focal point of the Magic offense. I don't see him sharing the offense with Wilt, let alone Timmy Duncan.
The Magic are after Ben Wallace and Danny Fortson, and look what they drafted, Rashard Griffith a 6-11 center and Mario Kasun, a 7-1 center and Ryan Humphrey, a SF/PF . These guys are all there to fill the frontcourt for the future.

*Spurs have Tony Parker, who started and sent the Spurs to the finals at 19! This guy has the potential to be anything, and his fast paced role to get into the lane and dish to Tim works.
*Malik Rose. Top 6th man. Can put up 10/10 figures off the bench. Improves every season
*Emmanuel Ginobilli is mose likely to be signed within the first few days of the FA signing period. One of the best Euro's. Haas won MVP's. Plays SG, and could be starting next season.
*Bruce Bowen can guard better than anyone on the perimeter.
*Caproom in 2003 with David Robinson, Steve Smith and our young guys out of contract, we have plenty of cash to go after a FA's like Shawn Marion, Jermaine O'Neal, Jason Kidd or Dice.

Think these guys have no chance in coming here?.....
More chance than Timmy going to Orlando.

Tim is a loyal guy. SA stuck with him during hard times, and his wife, Amy is starting to settle down here.

Once again, I am biased, but I'll eat my words if he does leave, but we'll wait and see.

Last year, SA were within a hands touch of the Lakers. Add a more experianced Parker, and Euro Experianced Ginobilli, a backup PG that can come in without having to chance the pace of the game ala Porter had to, and D-Rob playing his final season, holding nothing back, we are once again close.
Oh, and a new stadium and family. His wife wants to settle down.

Amen man.

Why would T-Mac and Duncan not work? It's perfect. Its just like another Shaq and Kobe and look what that brought to LA. Who cares if it takes time, it took Kobe and Shaq time but eventually look what happened. T-Mac and Duncan are still young, plenty of time.

Im not saying TD will definitely go to Orlando but IMO he should definitely get off the sinking ship that is San Antonio. Tim Duncan is one of those players like a Shaq, Jordan, Iverson, ect that can move to a bad team and make them into instant contenders. So where ever he goes he will be a contender, but i think his best option would be Orlando.

In San Antonio you have two over the hill stars in Smith and Robinson, Rose, a guy who isnt good enough to start, so they label him an impact player off the bench and of course the suspect PG in Tony Parker. Parker is never gonna be a Kidd, Payton, Iverson...he will always be a 12ppg, 5apg role playing PG.

Timmy D needs to jump ship, he will never get past the Lakers, or Sacramento and Dallas for that matter. IMO he'll go but i do know he is a loyal guy so he may stay which will be a mistake.

Parker is never gonna be a Kidd, Payton, Iverson...he will always be a 12ppg, 5apg role playing PG.

For a 19 year old, starting point guard to average 9 points and 4 assists in the regular season and 15.5 points and 4 assists in the playoffs in his first year is fantastic. He'll gain muscle and work on his shot over the summer and should come back even better after a year of playoff experiance. Did you guys see him againt GP? He played him like a pro.

In San Antonio you have two over the hill stars in Smith and Robinson
Great point, but Dave has already announced he is hanging the sneaks up after this season and Smitty will be gone, no question on that. Thus, resulting in plenty of caproom.

I honestly believe the Spurs have a bigger chance of picking up a high profile FA to play with Tim, rather than Tim leaving in 2003.

For a 19 year old, starting point guard to average 9 points and 4 assists in the regular season and 15.5 points and 4 assists in the playoffs in his first year is fantastic. He'll gain muscle and work on his shot over the summer and should come back even better after a year of playoff experiance. Did you guys see him againt GP? He played him like a pro.

Great point, but Dave has already announced he is hanging the sneaks up after this season and Smitty will be gone, no question on that. Thus, resulting in plenty of caproom.

I honestly believe the Spurs have a bigger chance of picking up a high profile FA to play with Tim, rather than Tim leaving in 2003.

I dont know why but Parker just doesnt impress me, went missing for months on end last season, i know it was his rookie season and he'll get better but usually you can right off the bat if they are gonna be a superstar PG.

You have a point with cap room, why wouldnt a big name wanna come and play with TD. But you have to keep Timmy first.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back