Millewa 2010 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
well its gone quiet again. How about some reviews of the season so far with the first full round over with.

To me, Golly have it in the bag unless......no, Golly have it in the bag. The two big improvers are the pies and cardy. biggest slider euston. I think the saints will get stronger as the year goes on. And poor old nangi, are still yet to put the same team on paper twice. The roos are a interesting one as the have some fair ins this year but im not sure if they have got that much stronger.
I think we will find that 2nd - 4th is up for grabs this year for the team that wants it as apposed to other years where the rest of us were fighting for that 4th spot.
Should be a interesting 2nd round

Have heard Colin "The Governor" Keatch has an injury that will put him out for a number of weeks. Anyone from The Roos confirm this?

Yeah heard this at the League meeting last night and has a torn muscle in his elbow which would be quiet painfull. Big loss an would think it would be more than a couple of weeks??

Big rematch between Golly & Bambill rd 2 with Bambill slowly but surely hitting its straps. Would be good viewing an hopefully they push Golly as at present they are doin it on the bit!!

Interesting views about top 4 etc with all but a couple of sides vying for 2-4 an injuries will dictate the outcome. I think all sides apart from Euston have improved but expect the bombers to become more competitive as the yr goes by as thats the way they hav operated in the past.

Golly has it on its own at present but remember that all sides competing only have to beat them once if you get to the GF as anything can happen and has happened in the past!!:thumbsu:

Yeah heard this at the League meeting last night and has a torn muscle in his elbow which would be quiet painfull. Big loss an would think it would be more than a couple of weeks??

Big rematch between Golly & Bambill rd 2 with Bambill slowly but surely hitting its straps. Would be good viewing an hopefully they push Golly as at present they are doin it on the bit!!

Interesting views about top 4 etc with all but a couple of sides vying for 2-4 an injuries will dictate the outcome. I think all sides apart from Euston have improved but expect the bombers to become more competitive as the yr goes by as thats the way they hav operated in the past.

Golly has it on its own at present but remember that all sides competing only have to beat them once if you get to the GF as anything can happen and has happened in the past!!:thumbsu:

Any word where "One Eye Hill" will call home?

Any word where "One Eye Hill" will call home?
Werrimull could do with his services and i'd be happy with that! Without any actual reasoning behind it i would think perhaps Red Cliffs?? Thye would have $'s to spare and also be keen on getting Markham back so i'd reckon they would have a fair crack

Werrimull could do with his services and i'd be happy with that! Without any actual reasoning behind it i would think perhaps Red Cliffs?? Thye would have $'s to spare and also be keen on getting Markham back so i'd reckon they would have a fair crack

No thanks skeeterman would be happy with Markhams service though which would add some grunt to the midfield!!:D:thumbsu:

No thanks skeeterman would be happy with Markhams service though which would add some grunt to the midfield!!:D:thumbsu:
I am not sure how much service he will give in the midfield given he is out for the year needing a knee reco????? And yes after your bagging Im not sure Hill would be too keen to play for the pies, but is going to be interesting where he suits up, time will tell..... Maybe at the mighty green and whites

I am not sure how much service he will give in the midfield given he is out for the year needing a knee reco????? And yes after your bagging Im not sure Hill would be too keen to play for the pies, but is going to be interesting where he suits up, time will tell..... Maybe at the mighty green and whites

Back to Robinjail, (and why wouldn't ya!!) Mildura as a roughie!!

Back to Robinjail, (and why wouldn't ya!!) Mildura as a roughie!!

What position did Hill play and where will he play (club ) when he was in this league. Hes probably got enough dollars to skip this season already and weigh up his future options.

What position did Hill play and where will he play (club ) when he was in this league. Hes probably got enough dollars to skip this season already and weigh up his future options.

At Robinvale he played back pocket & with Golly he played through the centre. No superstar, liked using his elbows frequently and apparently won last yrs B&F for Golly!!:eek::confused::cool:

I dont think he will play for Golly as he missed that coaching job. Maybe Robinvale as they are heading for a flag but doubt he would get a game in there side this year. Other clubs mention are redcliffs or mildura.
Maybe the smokey is Merbein as he would nearly get a game with them!!

At Robinvale he played back pocket & with Golly he played through the centre. No superstar, liked using his elbows frequently and apparently won last yrs B&F for Golly!!:eek::confused::cool:

I dont think he will play for Golly as he missed that coaching job. Maybe Robinvale as they are heading for a flag but doubt he would get a game in there side this year. Other clubs mention are redcliffs or mildura.
Maybe the smokey is Merbein as he would nearly get a game with them!!

Thanks. Yeah i thought he would have been much better in the w/u backline too. There are heaps better players that should have played center in our club. Maybe if he was in backline things may have been ok, but clearly not in our top 10. Good luck to him where ever he goes, gotta be tough leaving a club and starting a new one half way through!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A big win by Bambill on the weekend. I heard they had a few key players out too. Anyone know of the players unavailable for Golly... it won't be an excuse to post them i'm just curious as to who may have been missing.

We played Nangi on the weekend, they have improved out of sight.Their FF & CHF have some good hands and in the FF case he can lead well but unfortunately for them they can't kick for sh*t. Mike in the backline, Franics through the middle and Stone on the wing are as good as any players in the league. The team just lacks some depth.

Gods of Richmond, i didn't see you out there what's going on?

i like several others didnt play due to "man flu" (Which is basically a head cold but ends up near terminal for us) I actually didnt even make it out to the ground at all so i cant respond to what happened on the day.

A big win by Bambill on the weekend. I heard they had a few key players out too. Anyone know of the players unavailable for Golly... it won't be an excuse to post them i'm just curious as to who may have been missing.

We played Nangi on the weekend, they have improved out of sight.Their FF & CHF have some good hands and in the FF case he can lead well but unfortunately for them they can't kick for sh*t. Mike in the backline, Franics through the middle and Stone on the wing are as good as any players in the league. The team just lacks some depth.

Yes your right Skeeter we had a few out but to be honest I reckon they had as many if not more out than us and if not for there wasted kicking at goal should have won by a lot more, there wasnt too many positions they didnt win, far too good. Its not and open and shut season as many may have predicted!!!!! We had Vandenberg, Vadlja, Crane, O'Flaherty and Bell as the main ones but on the flip side, Birdman, Price, Ross, Fishwick, Morgan??? and a few other out so your dead right the ones missing are no excuse and as I said should have been beaten by a hell of a lot more, The Saints came to play

Whats peoples thoughts for this week? I think cardy V meringur would have to be game of the round?

Rumour has it things were a bit frosty Thursday night towards Morgs at Bambill training, not suprising, you cant ditch blokes and expect them to open their arms when you cant make it in town, they are smarter than that Morgs. On the flipside I heard Simon Kelly trained, bloody be a great thing for footy if he gets back on the park, loyal hard working servant and good guy too boot, and what happened to him was shocking...Hope to see him back......And I hear they played some good footy too on the weekend....And a tip Euston wont be winless for long took a half before the hawks shook them off

Rumour has it things were a bit frosty Thursday night towards Morgs at Bambill training, not suprising, you cant ditch blokes and expect them to open their arms when you cant make it in town, they are smarter than that Morgs. On the flipside I heard Simon Kelly trained, bloody be a great thing for footy if he gets back on the park, loyal hard working servant and good guy too boot, and what happened to him was shocking...Hope to see him back......And I hear they played some good footy too on the weekend....And a tip Euston wont be winless for long took a half before the hawks shook them off

Think you will find that he was invited by match committee to come back and play when he stopped playing in town. I do know he received some calls from several players encouraging him to go back to bambill a month ago. Ifollow south and you will find he was playing seniors when he decided to stopped playing:thumbsu:

Think you will find that he was invited by match committee to come back and play when he stopped playing in town. I do know he received some calls from several players encouraging him to go back to bambill a month ago. Ifollow south and you will find he was playing seniors when he decided to stopped playing:thumbsu:
I thinkl you will find he played 2 games of snr footy and struggled to get a kick as the game had passed him by, too old too slow and was taking the spot of a young bloke...And as for being invited ask the man himself whether the reception was frosty by a few players on Thursday night.....By th way i hear things are a bit frosty at Gol Gol with one snr player....

I thinkl you will find he played 2 games of snr footy and struggled to get a kick as the game had passed him by, too old too slow and was taking the spot of a young bloke...And as for being invited ask the man himself whether the reception was frosty by a few players on Thursday night.....By th way i hear things are a bit frosty at Gol Gol with one snr player....

More info Mullet?

More info Mullet?
Hey Hog, i think he might be referring to the relationship between Vandy and coach. Not sure on details but to be honest you can't keep everyone happy, my whisper is he was pointed out for a lack of accountability on Pauly Jenkins during a game against Werrimull some weeks back and didn't like it, who knows really though.

So is Morgs definately back at Bambill? Wow what a turn around, jump ship early when things aren't looking bright then run back when they start hitting their straps. After what i saw on the weekend they have a decent balance through the middle with a bit of pace on the wings, some solid bodies through the guts, don't know that with his leg speed he would make it into the midfield roations, might be heading for a pocket.

So Morgs, can you enlighten us on your reasons for returning?

Also congrats to the league for again letting the Bambill Committee dictate the rules on the weekend. League President was there and still couldn't stand up to them! Umpire admitted a mistake and tried to rectify it only to be over ruled by bully boy tactics from a whingeing Bambill committee.

Hey Hog, i think he might be referring to the relationship between Vandy and coach. Not sure on details but to be honest you can't keep everyone happy, my whisper is he was pointed out for a lack of accountability on Pauly Jenkins during a game against Werrimull some weeks back and didn't like it, who knows really though.

So is Morgs definately back at Bambill? Wow what a turn around, jump ship early when things aren't looking bright then run back when they start hitting their straps. After what i saw on the weekend they have a decent balance through the middle with a bit of pace on the wings, some solid bodies through the guts, don't know that with his leg speed he would make it into the midfield roations, might be heading for a pocket.

So Morgs, can you enlighten us on your reasons for returning?

Also congrats to the league for again letting the Bambill Committee dictate the rules on the weekend. League President was there and still couldn't stand up to them! Umpire admitted a mistake and tried to rectify it only to be over ruled by bully boy tactics from a whingeing Bambill committee.
Bit like your self skeet can't seem to get a run in the midfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back