Millewa Football League 2006 - end of 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

deposit

Senior List
Sep 11, 2006
at home or away
What great news Nangiloc is back in action with a strong comittee and a real champion as Pres.

Gol Gol are losing a heap of players this year, which should see them fall back to the pack, although they will shell out a heap of $$$$ and buy in a few more players to prop up the numbers.

3 Lake sides look to be ok although not sure about Meringur

Cardross will keep improving

Euston are going to struggle, from all reports.

Is there any word on new signings at this stage? any big names to come into the league.

Re: Millewa Football League

Nangiloc have appointed 34-year-old Ash Wakefield as senior coach. Wakefield has played in 8 successful Grand Finals in the Riverland Independent League,
He has also played with Loxton North and West Adelaide in the SANFL
and has kicked 100 goals on 3 separate occasions.
This will be his first coaching role
Now all D's need to do is get a few players back.

sounds like a good player to have around the club! good on the dee'z

Nangiloc will be very competetive next year aswell as signing Ash rumor is they maybe announcing an assistant very soon. Former sfl premiership player! Go The Dees!!!!!!!

Nangiloc will be very competetive next year aswell as signing Ash rumor is they maybe announcing an assistant very soon. Former sfl premiership player! Go The Dees!!!!!!!

Also sounds like half of Sth Mildura will be out at Bambill this year with a few more players to come.

Could be a more interesting year this year with Gol Gol losing some important players and a few other clubs picking up handy players.

Also sounds like half of Sth Mildura will be out at Bambill this year with a few more players to come.

Could be a more interesting year this year with Gol Gol losing some important players and a few other clubs picking up handy players.

Let's hope so coz the MFL certainly needs it. There is a lot of talk about Nangy, Goly and Bambill but whats the go with the other sides?

Coaches? Recruits? etc....

Any news on who's coaching Cardy, Euston and Meringur? Any moves into or out of those clubs?

Well, Nangiloc have got off their collective arses and decieded to put in alittle bit of an effort next year.
If they couldnt be bothered (and that is what it came down too) this year, why bother at all.
The league went well without them.
Cardross and Meringur at times in the last 5 years often played with 18- 19 players and really tried hard to pull in the nessasary players to play out a season.
When it was Nangilocs turn to struggle, they decided to go fishing instead.
Very soft option.

Most of the Nangiloc players went to Meringur and i doubt they will be giving any clearances due to hardship and then they should play the same game as Nangiloc did.

Afterall , the then Prez of the league is now the prez of Nangiloc.

As for Bambill stealing SM players, Bambill has always been known as a club that throws money at players to buy a team, so there is nothing new there.It didnt work last year.$$$

I think Cardy will stay the same, dont know the the same coach is staying but the playing group is tight but will need some fast midfielder to stay compeditive.
Not bad for a team who played in a grand final last year (got badly beaten) but only pay the coach to play.
The sad thing is , they will need to have to start paying players to attract quaility.
I hope Euston can hang in there.
but if they cant.. well hey they can always go fishing for a year cant they Nangiloc?

As for Bambill stealing SM players, Bambill has always been known as a club that throws money at players to buy a team, so there is nothing new there.It didnt work last year.$$$

[/quote]
Rocket would I be correct in assuming you're a werimull or gol gol player/supporter as they're the 2 teams you neither mentioned or had a go at?
Can you name the south players bambill have taken? I think you will find it is only 3 blokes that played there last year and one of them is the coach.

Rocket would I be correct in assuming you're a werimull or gol gol player/supporter as they're the 2 teams you neither mentioned or had a go at?
Can you name the south players bambill have taken? I think you will find it is only 3 blokes that played there last year and one of them is the coach.
Someone else brought up the question of stealing SM players , not me.
I said, Bambill have always been known to throw money at players to buy a side.
Chalkie, you can assume all you want.

Dont know much about those two sides thats why.

what can you say about Gol Gol, they pay ******** loads to players so they win a premiership.
They will probably win it again.

Someone else brought up the question of stealing SM players , not me.
I said, Bambill have always been known to throw money at players to buy a side.
Chalkie, you can assume all you want.

Dont know much about those two sides thats why.

what can you say about Gol Gol, they pay ******** loads to players so they win a premiership.
They will probably win it again.

I didn't actually say that Bambill were steeling Players, I was just inferring that Morgs was taking a few with him. We all know that for some reason people seem to head to bambill over other clubs (not always to do with cash).

As far as Gol Gol go they do pay a few players, however there are a fair few gettign nothing, just hanging around with mates.

Well, Nangiloc have got off their collective arses and decieded to put in alittle bit of an effort next year.
If they couldnt be bothered (and that is what it came down too) this year, why bother at all.
The league went well without them.
Cardross and Meringur at times in the last 5 years often played with 18- 19 players and really tried hard to pull in the nessasary players to play out a season.
When it was Nangilocs turn to struggle, they decided to go fishing instead.
Very soft option.

Most of the Nangiloc players went to Meringur and i doubt they will be giving any clearances due to hardship and then they should play the same game as Nangiloc did.

Afterall , the then Prez of the league is now the prez of Nangiloc.

I think Cardy will stay the same, dont know the the same coach is staying but the playing group is tight but will need some fast midfielder to stay compeditive.
Not bad for a team who played in a grand final last year (got badly beaten) but only pay the coach to play.
The sad thing is , they will need to have to start paying players to attract quaility.
I hope Euston can hang in there.
but if they cant.. well hey they can always go fishing for a year cant they Nangiloc?

Rocket I would say that it is harder than you would think getting a team together at the moment esp when you are located out at Nangi... They get my praise for having a year off and getting their things together and will come back a better club, with more local support now that people know what it is like with out their footy side.

You will find that all sides have been playing with only 18 at times, including Gol Gol over the last 5 years. That is just the fact of life for MFL and SFL reserves sides, there are not enough people to go around, even though Imps and Sth Mildura have 30 Reserves to pick from each week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Luke Gane is coach of Cardy. Have spoken to him and he has some players in mind, was just sounding out intentions but sounds confident of a good year.

They have a lot of work to do, should not have played in the GF

Does anyone know if Chris B will be staying at Cardy as a player? There is strong talk that josh kelly is taking a year off to spend more time with his young family. Would be a big loss to lose 2 key onballers.

Rocket I would say that it is harder than you would think getting a team together at the moment .
I know quite well what it takes to get a team together in the Millewa league.
It takes comittment, alot of dedication, leadership and apart from all that pride in your club.
If you dont have at least these , then dont bother.
As Nangiloc's example shows.

why shouldnt they have played in the GF?
What a ridiculous statement.

totally outclassed rocket. how do u reckon gol gol would go in town? i speak to quite a few of the players there who think they would have beaten merbein last year, although I think not.

there was no doubt they were badly beaten by a much stronger side.
But to say they shouldnt of played in the Grand final, when they earnt that very right, is completely wrong.
I only ever watch the Millewa league so i cant past comment on merbein.

there was no doubt they were badly beaten by a much stronger side.
But to say they shouldnt of played in the Grand final, when they earnt that very right, is completely wrong.
I only ever watch the Millewa league so i cant past comment on merbein.

Werimull were the only side to get near Gol Gol all year, the issues around the finals this year are sensitive so I will leave it at that.

As far as Gol Gol in town, I think that they would struggle to start with. May have beaten Merbein but not too many others.

The main problem would be fielding the second and third teams to start with. Don't think it would be any good for either MFL or SFL if Gol Gol was to move as it would not bring much to the SFL and would put a further drain on the MFL.

Has anyone heard how Euston is going..... will they get a team together.

Werimull were the only side to get near Gol Gol all year, the issues around the finals this year are sensitive so I will leave it at that.

most would understand the sadness that surrounded that final out at Gol Gol.
And my personal view was it should of been played a week after.

but Werrimal did have a chance if they were good enough to beat Cardross for that final berth.
They were not.

most would understand the sadness that surrounded that final out at Gol Gol.
And my personal view was it should of been played a week after.

but Werrimal did have a chance if they were good enough to beat Cardross for that final berth.
They were not.

i tend to agree about having a week off, maybe it just wasnt possible. it was a big ask of the werrimul boys to back up like that. i personally hope the comp evens up a bit this year. does anyone know if the are allowed to water the grounds out at the lake? we are in deep trouble in town.

i tend to agree about having a week off, maybe it just wasnt possible. it was a big ask of the werrimul boys to back up like that. i personally hope the comp evens up a bit this year. does anyone know if the are allowed to water the grounds out at the lake? we are in deep trouble in town.

Have not heard about the grounds out there but will be going past tomorrow so will see how they look

Grounds at the lake were very green, not sure how they will hold up though.

Seemed as though there were no worries with water, they had it going al over the place in the middle of the day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back