Opinion Million of our youngsters looked great tonight, what should we be looking for in the draft/trade period

Remove this Banner Ad

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
What about a midfielder that is an accurate finisher in front of goal, when was the last time we had a mid who kicked goals on a consistent basis.
1 - Elijah Hollands

BTW, what about Harry Schoenberg?

LC40

Club Legend
Oct 14, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
1 - Elijah Hollands

BTW, what about Harry Schoenberg?
I agree with Hollands, it's part of his attraction and is definitely in the mix.
Was Schoenberg a goal kicker in the juniors?
Too early to tell if he will develop into a regular goal kicker in our midfield, hope he does.

Personally, need a speedy x factor type player, and a Key Position forward that is an accurate finisher in front of goal.

The answer to the question of what do we need is probably one key forward, and then its a case of load up on midfielders. I would like one more small forward just in case Stengle or McAdam regresses or to replace Murphy in a year or so, though I'd be happy for Newchurch to have that shot.

There is also the case of just getting people in with the highest ceiling and then letting them fight it out, even if it is in a position we seemed rather well stocked in after the GWS pick.

Jarman3

Premiership Player
Oct 22, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
There is also the case of just getting people in with the highest ceiling and then letting them fight it out, even if it is in a position we seemed rather well stocked in after the GWS pick.

Yeah, I like that approach, too. No such thing as having too many good players, even if you have multiples of the same position. The ones that get squeezed out you can trade to fill gaps in other positions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back