Society/Culture Milo claims he is broke.

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
This is one of the stupidest things you've ever said.
Nah its more bang on then not.

both are racists and sexists, both extreme anti globalists, both believe in spiritualism, both are anti science, both appeal to emotion/intuition over reason and both dont believe in supporting universal human rights.

not just my view. Numerous people have pointed out they are very similar people.

Last edited:
May 1, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton

both are racists and sexists, both extreme anti globalists, both believe in spiritualism, both are anti science, both appeal to emotion/intuition over reason and both dont believe in supporting universal human rights.

not just my view. Numerous people have pointed out they are very similar people.
I too can generalize so aggressively that I can make two groups that wildly disagree on everything look similar. It doesn't make it true, it just makes you disingenuous.

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
I too can generalize so aggressively that I can make two groups that wildly disagree on everything look similar. It doesn't make it true, it just makes you disingenuous.
The problem is you think its aggressive generalizing. its not for people who dont think like them in any shape or form, i.e people such as classic left leaning liberals. the alt right and extreme left similarities are significant and their differences largely superficial. We are horrified by the desire of both groups to make blood lines an important part of ones identity (the fact one group supports white people and the other supports non white people is a superficial difference compared to the similarity that both believe bloodlines is a key determinant of ones culture and moral superiority), the appeal to ones perceptions over actual truth, the constant rejection by both groups of scienctific findings except when it fits with preconcieved views, the attacks on educated people as some evil conspiracy group out to get them leading to both groups to have similar views on vaccines and bureacracy, the fact both believe globalisation is morally wrong despite the numerous economic and social benefits it wouod bring if done correctly. Both groups are largely anti war and dont beleive in pragmatically helping people in other countries who are oppressed and even facing genocide if it means invasion is the only option.

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club

Very simplistic horse shoe theory.

Here's another simplistic way of looking at it.

Extreme lefty: noble sentiment with completely impractical ideals but unaware of the impracticality. In other words crayon eating level of intelligence.

Extreme righty: gives a sh*t about no one else, unless the same colour and culture. In other words a selfish Neanderthal mouth breather.

Distinct difference, are not the same.

May 1, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
The problem is you think its aggressive generalizing. its not for people who dont think like them in any shape or form, i.e people such as classic left leaning liberals. the alt right and extreme left similarities are significant and their differences largely superficial. We are horrified by the desire of both groups to make blood lines an important part of ones identity (the fact one group supports white people and the other supports non white people is a superficial difference compared to the similarity that both believe bloodlines is a key determinant of ones culture and moral superiority), the appeal to ones perceptions over actual truth, the constant rejection by both groups of scienctific findings except when it fits with preconcieved views, the attacks on educated people as some evil conspiracy group out to get them leading to both groups to have similar views on vaccines and bureacracy, the fact both believe globalisation is morally wrong despite the numerous economic and social benefits it wouod bring if done correctly. Both groups are largely anti war and dont beleive in pragmatically helping people in other countries who are oppressed and even facing genocide if it means invasion is the only option.
You've not depicted either the alt right or the extreme left with anything resembling accuracy, you're still generalising, and you're dead wrong about the alt right being anti war.

I think you're bored again, and you couldn't think of something absurd to make a thread about this time.

Contra Mundum

To Know Nothing is the Happiest Life
10k Posts
Aug 1, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
NMFC
The big problem is probably that nobody knows what you mean by that.

As an ardent post modernist old boy I would call the phrase "extreme left" "an empty signifier" - but you know alt right and far left are the same. Daddy Bolt uses the "left" as the ultimate othering device - its an incoherent mish mash of things he thinks he is not

the ultimate othering device
That's the thing. "Extreme left" could mean Greens voter to some people.

The "extreme" left - extremely violent? Just more left than anyone else's left?

Then he posts a video "woke and racists agree about stuff" or whatever it is. I didn't watch it.

"Woke" - however it is defined - is extreme left?

What is it Seeds ?

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
Very simplistic horse shoe theory.

Here's another simplistic way of looking at it.

Extreme lefty: noble sentiment with completely impractical ideals but unaware of the impracticality. In other words crayon eating level of intelligence.

Extreme righty: gives a sh*t about no one else, unless the same colour and culture. In other words a selfish Neanderthal mouth breather.

Distinct difference, are not the same.
We are dealing with grouping a wide spectrum of political views into simple labels such as left, right, extreme left, alt right for starters so simplistic is not necessarily an argument against.

and if you want to debate my point is wrong rather then bring up a completely different topic and claim thats wrong simply debate my point rather than a different one. Tell me that extreme left people dont believe in the importance of blood lines for identity and segregation or dont reject globalism as evil or dont have a large fringe anti vax element or dont believe in moral relativism etc.

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
That's the thing. "Extreme left" could mean Greens voter to some people.

The "extreme" left - extremely violent? Just more left than anyone else's left?

Then he posts a video "woke and racists agree about stuff" or whatever it is. I didn't watch it.

"Woke" - however it is defined - is extreme left?

What is it Seeds ?
Ofcourse you didnt watch it. You want to disagree with me but cant even spend 40 seconds listening to the arguments.

i despise alt righters but i still occasionally read breitbart to get their point of view as deranged as it is. Its the only way i know it is deranged.

stop living in a bubble. And get rid of the bubble encouraging ignore buttons and dislike buttons from big footy. Do the right thing for public discourse.

Back