Dan Cooper

Victory Salute
Sep 26, 2013
Red Corner
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Boxing
The Milperra Massacre, Milperra bikie shoot-out or Father's Day Massacre was a firearm battle between rival motorcycle gang members on 2 September (Father's Day in Australia) 1984, in Milperra, a south-western suburb of Sydney, New South Wales. The shootout had its roots in an intense rivalry that developed after a group of Comancheros broke away and formed the first Bandidos Motorcycle Club chapter in Australia. Seven people were killed and twenty-eight injured when the two groups clashed at Milperra. The event was a catalyst for significant changes to gun laws in New South Wales....from Wikipedia.

I recently finished reading Enforcer, the autobiography of former bikie 'Caeser' Campbell. Campbell was the sergeant-at-arms of the Comancheros and later the founding member and sergeant-at-arms of the Bandidos.

9781405040082.jpg

'Caeser' Campbell was a key player in the Milpera massacre, as were his brothers "Shadow", "Bull", "Wack", "Snake" and "Chop". Shadow and Chop were both shot dead at Milpera and Wack would later die in jail, probably as a result of wounds received at Milpera.

Amongst other things, the book covers in detail the splitting of the Comancheros motor cycle club and the eventual shootout at Milpera. This book is a must read for anyone with even a passing interest in outlaw bikers, and in particular the Milpera Massacre.

(I spelt Milperra incorrectly in the original post here - it of course has two r's not one)

Channel 10 made a very entertaining mini series on the Milperra Massacre called "Brothers in Arms". The mini series was based on a book of the same name by Lindsay Simpson and Sandra Harvey.

bikie-wars-brothers-in-arms-2012-ws-r4-front-cover-95704.jpg

Needless to say the Caesar Campbell book and the mini series based on the Simpson/Harvey book vary in their interpretations of what took place. None-the-less they are both worthwhile in my humble opinion.

One of Caesar Campbell's brothers, Snake, wrote a book titled "Milperra Massacre: Through the Eyes of Snake", which I'd love to get my hands on. But although it was released a recently as 2009, seems to be no longer available.

Prefer a good story to complete accuracy when it comes to stuff like this anyway. Any cop will tell you that when you investigate a crime, everyone has different stories and perceptions anyway even if they all saw the exact same thing.

Anyone watch SN last night?

So a british soldier, moves out here. forms a gang, gives them military training,arms them to the hilt, runs drugs and extortion rackets, the gang splits then has a public war with innocent kids dieing. Apparantly this is normal behavior, but if he was arab?

So a british soldier, moves out here. forms a gang, gives them military training,arms them to the hilt, runs drugs and extortion rackets, the gang splits then has a public war with innocent kids dieing. Apparantly this is normal behavior, but if he was arab?

Way off the mark.

Do you mean Muslim?

Well for a start i don't think he was interested in the long term goal of a caliphate or sharia law

(I spelt Milperra incorrectly in the original post here - it of course has two r's not one)

Channel 10 made a very entertaining mini series on the Milperra Massacre called "Brothers in Arms". The mini series was based on a book of the same name by Lindsay Simpson and Sandra Harvey.

Needless to say the Caesar Campbell book and the mini series based on the Simpson/Harvey book vary in their interpretations of what took place. None-the-less they are both worthwhile in my humble opinion.

One of Caesar Campbell's brothers, Snake, wrote a book titled "Milperra Massacre: Through the Eyes of Snake", which I'd love to get my hands on. But although it was released a recently as 2009, seems to be no longer available.
The Milperra Massacre, Milperra bikie shoot-out or Father's Day Massacre was a firearm battle between rival motorcycle gang members on 2 September (Father's Day in Australia) 1984, in Milperra, a south-western suburb of Sydney, New South Wales. The shootout had its roots in an intense rivalry that developed after a group of Comancheros broke away and formed the first Bandidos Motorcycle Club chapter in Australia. Seven people were killed and twenty-eight injured when the two groups clashed at Milperra. The event was a catalyst for significant changes to gun laws in New South Wales....from Wikipedia.

I recently finished reading Enforcer, the autobiography of former bikie 'Caeser' Campbell. Campbell was the sergeant-at-arms of the Comancheros and later the founding member and sergeant-at-arms of the Bandidos.

9781405040082.jpg

'Caeser' Campbell was a key player in the Milpera massacre, as were his brothers "Shadow", "Bull", "Wack", "Snake" and "Chop". Shadow and Chop were both shot dead at Milpera and Wack would later die in jail, probably as a result of wounds received at Milpera.

Amongst other things, the book covers in detail the splitting of the Comancheros motor cycle club and the eventual shootout at Milpera. This book is a must read for anyone with even a passing interest in outlaw bikers, and in particular the Milpera Massacre.

The Book was taken from shelves after published as the finished book was not authorised by Snake prior to its public release ... i am currently reading "Through the eyes of Snake" at the moment before it is re-released before the end of the year, it is a great read and is the actual account of what went down that Father's Day.
RIP 84 ❤
SHADOW,
WACK,
SNODDY,
LEEANNE

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can be arranged if your still interested

9781405040082.jpg

Obviously an old post but he has a strong reputation for twisting/extending the truth (see: Chopper)
what has chopper got to do with milperra ... NOthing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back