Remove this Banner Ad

fleabitten

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 16, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Portland Trailblazers
A guy I used to smoke a lot of weed with is now a "gong sound healer" and, through facebook, I have this window into a world of....******* weirdos. Lately he's been posting a lot about this festival and some of the videos (and the comments on them) are just bizarre. It's hard to believe people buy into this crap.

Stalls at their festival include "Angel Power", "Central Park Infused Crystals", "Christocentric Light" and "Metaphysical Mysteries". There are all kinds of fruitcakes rubbing things, banging on things and pretending to see things. My mate (who I haven't actually seen in about 20 years) makes a living by hitting a gong for women that think the vibrations can give them access to some kind of divine power. I'm not sure if he believes it himself or if he's just taking advantage of bored, gullible, rich people.

A typical comment on the stuff he posts and shares:

"Thank you for sharing your pictures. Reassembling , atuning, aligning my cells to the Purity of Divine Beauty , Bounty & Feminity. This is true magic. This is True Living. XOXO"

And people have names like Honor Morningstar. And there are no black people in their African dance troupes. Sometimes I almost think it's just a huge, well co-ordinated piss take.

14717322_1236304059749445_2505452842653336123_n.jpg

A guy I used to smoke a lot of weed with is now a "gong sound healer" and, through facebook, I have this window into a world of....******* weirdos. Lately he's been posting a lot about this festival and some of the videos (and the comments on them) are just bizarre. It's hard to believe people buy into this crap.

Stalls at their festival include "Angel Power", "Central Park Infused Crystals", "Christocentric Light" and "Metaphysical Mysteries". There are all kinds of fruitcakes rubbing things, banging on things and pretending to see things. My mate (who I haven't actually seen in about 20 years) makes a living by hitting a gong for women that think the vibrations can give them access to some kind of divine power. I'm not sure if he believes it himself or if he's just taking advantage of bored, gullible, rich people.

"Thank you for sharing your pictures. Reassembling , atuning, aligning my cells to the Purity of Divine Beauty , Bounty & Feminity. This is true magic. This is True Living. XOXO"

And people have names like Honor Morningstar. And there are no black people in their African dance troupes. Sometimes I almost think it's just a huge, well co-ordinated piss take.

I've always been an advocate for bringing out the pudendum within. Not a pisstake, they take themselves far too seriously for that. Having learnt from organised religion, this type of activity is also all about moolah, and the suckers climb all over each other to throw away their money. Spivs, crooks, cads and bounders, the lot of them. If you were to give them the benefit of the doubt and suggest they are merely deluded, but well-intentioned, you would be equally deluded.

When you've layed off the weed for a few days, it would be good if you could come back here and explain what the phuq are you on about.

namaste.

reminds me of some of my belief stages in my 56 years on this planet. from a fading memory-

1) santa claus/easter bunny/tooth fairy. grew out of those as all people do very early.

2) school indoctrination into institutionalized religious belief. grew out of that one before i left school.

3) something can't come from nothing, must be a creator. realized this was BS.

4) David Icke/Michael Tsarion/Jim Marrs etc. stage = the dark years, out of it now.

5) spiritual type connection to all things that is a completely natural part of our existence ie. awe, appreciation, wonder, emotion. still open to this.

there is no doubt that we are an evolved form of life, how evolved is totally relative and subjective. what we will evolve to in the future (millions of years) is anybodies guess.

reminds me of some of my belief stages in my 56 years on this planet. from a fading memory-

1) santa claus/easter bunny/tooth fairy. grew out of those as all people do very early.

2) school indoctrination into institutionalized religious belief. grew out of that one before i left school.

3) something can't come from nothing, must be a creator. realized this was BS.

4) David Icke/Michael Tsarion/Jim Marrs etc. stage = the dark years, out of it now.

5) spiritual type connection to all things that is a completely natural part of our existence ie. awe, appreciation, wonder, emotion. still open to this.

there is no doubt that we are an evolved form of life, how evolved is totally relative and subjective. what we will evolve to in the future (millions of years) is anybodies guess.
I believe that our scientific capabilities will completely subsume our political/democratic systems and we'll end up obliterating ourselves before we evolve into anything other than slightly more physically resilient homosapiens.

I believe that our scientific capabilities will completely subsume our political/democratic systems and we'll end up obliterating ourselves before we evolve into anything other than slightly more physically resilient homosapiens.
i am hoping that we evolve in a different direction ie. our innate empathetic nature evolves on an individual and societal level at a faster rate than our greed/self obsessed/celebrity obsessed consumerism based societal encouraged system. surely there has to be a better system, what that looks like i have no idea, will leave that to those more intelligent than i.

This snake oil is hilarious!
Your mate doing those shitty Buddhist like chants whilst rubbing one out on a pot got me laughing,the missus had a good chuckle too!

This snake oil is hilarious!
Your mate doing those shitty Buddhist like chants whilst rubbing one out on a pot got me laughing,the missus had a good chuckle too!

That guy isn't my mate, but he is on the poster at the bottom. I don't want to specifically take the piss out of him too much because he's a lovely guy. As far as I've seen he just sticks to whacking a gong and doesn't do the weird chanty stuff. Whether he actually believes in what he's doing, I'm not sure, but either way I can be pretty certain he's using it to get laid a lot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure how to feel about this crap. On one hand it's undeniably hilarious, but on the other it's taking money from gullible people. Have some friends who are pretty much on the breadline but continue to spend hundred bucks a pop on crystal healing for their eight year old son's anger issues. A slap is free, I tells them.

Not sure how to feel about this crap. On one hand it's undeniably hilarious, but on the other it's taking money from gullible people. Have some friends who are pretty much on the breadline but continue to spend hundred bucks a pop on crystal healing for their eight year old son's anger issues. A slap is free, I tells them.

Ive seen people who are struggling financially but still spend their money on crystals, dream weavers or tarot assuming this will help them. And, the "healing" products and services are not cheap.

When my dear old mum was dying of breast cancer it was pretty disturbing to see the odd friend or acquaintance try and refer her to the services of some wu wu merchant. Not bagging the friends out - they were doing what they thought was right - but the fact people were making money selling false hope to the desperate make me sick in the guts.

Bit of a sore spot tbh.

When my dear old mum was dying of breast cancer it was pretty disturbing to see the odd friend or acquaintance try and refer her to the services of some wu wu merchant. Not bagging the friends out - they were doing what they thought was right - but the fact people were making money selling false hope to the desperate make me sick in the guts.

Bit of a sore spot tbh.

sorry to hear about your mum, that's sad. I find it's so common, people who are unwell or even struggling with depression that they turn to spiritual gurus or healing believe it will help them.

Thanks mate.

I wonder why you never hear of malpractice suits with these bastards.

On a lighter note... I was working in an office in Melbourne years back and the boss hired a top feng shui master to reorganise the office layout. The boss was proud to announce it had cost eight grand. We ended up with the printer, which ran pretty much flat out, positioned next to the head of our admin dude, the desks arranged in a somewhat askew manner, and the pot plants in incongruous locations. And there was no clear path to walk anywhere; you had to zig zag to get from point a to point b.

It stayed that way for a week, until myself and a colleague came in early on a Monday and moved everything back to where it was.

The boss never said anything about it.

$8000 lol what a waste of money.

You know what's bad is that people use tarot readers as their own "counselors/advisers" I remember the tarot reader I saw at the festival, telling me that I will be taking a summer holiday somewhere near the beach..um i was like thanks for the insight. lol

$8000 lol what a waste of money.

You know what's bad is that people use tarot readers as their own "counselors/advisers" I remember the tarot reader I saw at the festival, telling me that I will be taking a summer holiday somewhere near the beach..um i was like thanks for the insight. lol
Diana, Princess of Wales, visited a tarot reader a couple of days before her death. Her seer thought it unnecessary to warn of her impending demise.

This is what happens when rich kids can't handle their drugs or deal with the fact their lives are pointless.

Heh... maybe they're more aware.....

I'm all for expressing and learning about oneself.
Tarot / psychic is rubbish. But I think exploring different ideas can be interesting - however those who fall deeply into this sort of world, really are searching for something, maybe it's belonging and understanding - or even just seek to be part of a community.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back