FTA-TV Mindhunter

Remove this Banner Ad

crafty_bernardo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 5, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
So I guess season 2 will involve Holden & Bill using their research and theories to investigate and hunt that mysterious character that appears in the beginning of most episodes.

anditsadraw69

Senior List
Zombie Lover
Jun 13, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mar 26, 2008
Fight Club
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
76ers, Storm, Broad St.
Shoots right to the top of the best Netflix series. Fincher's direction just feels so familiar to me at this point, but I haven't got tired of it all.

Cast is pretty much bang on perfect. Had know idea they were actual real-life killers, but man. Groff is playing against type, but also very much into it - if you know him from other roles (Looking, in particular). Love the trio, but Torv needs more screen time - this is probably my favourite shot of the series.

If season 1 is Se7en, season 2 could be Zodiac, and that would be killer.

I watched one ep on thursday, three on friday and the rest yesterday. The last time I did anything remotely bingey like that was when I knocked over the last eight episodes of Breaking Bad over the one weekend a few years ago

The first episode of this was a bit wonky though, something seemed off with the acting or writing or something but it didn't seem to be a problem after that. And I assume it has been mentioned, but Anna Torv really does seem to bear more than a passing resemblance to Carrie Coon in this

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Done.

There is something disconcerting for the audience about the routine way in which the viscousness of these murders is told...and in many ways the way in which it wears down Tench and Ford by the end of the finale is a little how I felt...not as bad as Ford in that last scene though.

What do people make of Tench's son and his relationship?

Apr 16, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Finished yesterday. Excellent on all fronts.

Want to see more of them applying what they are learning to real cases. The mystery man at the start of the episodes will definitely be a big part in Season 2.

What are people's thoughts on the principal. Couldn't believe the guys wife tried the whole guilt trip on Holden. He was tickling feet and paying kids for the pleasure of it FFS. So inappropriate for a person in a position of power.

I had thought that him getting fired was going to be a 'stressor' that set him off in some way. But not to be. Thought it was strange him reappearing for a glance in the last episode.

Actor that played Kemper take a bow. The weasel they hired that then sold them out.... I hate that guy!

However Holden was getting way to big for his own boots in those last few episodes.

Aug 2, 2007
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Packers, Bulls, Ducks, Angels
I loved the way the introduced Rader with the pre-credits scenes. Will be interesting to see how they incorporate his story given he wasn't caught irl until 2005.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back