FTA-TV Mindhunter

Remove this Banner Ad

Her arc was the worst part of the show for me. I really don't care about your sexual orientation. It has nothing to do with anything.

Other than that it was great. Hopefully there isn't such a big wait between 2 and 3.

We have to use spoiler tags 8 days after a show drops?
Personally I would, it's not like it's eight days after individual episodes, not everyone likes to binge entire seasons at once.

ZOMG!! :eek:
you posted spoilers for the Atlanta child murders. what's next? you gonna spoil Son of Sam, the Manson Family and BTK too?

also, why are people reading a thread discussing a show they haven't watched yet? seems to me like it's your own fault if things get spoiled.
People are normally pretty good with shows that have seasons drop all at once, but yes, it can be risky when you enter a thread like this, but again you're normally safe for a few weeks after it drops. I think it makes for a better discussion if people can post about the show as they watch it.

And I'm not sure why you'd assume that everyone is totally across the Atlanta child murders; the Manson Family and Son of Sam were much more well known I'd reckon, and anyway they weren't the basis for the season, so there was nothing to spoil. BTK is a bit different, as it's almost tangential to the main story and has been kicking around since the start, so I'd expect most people with an interest in the show would be up on that by now anyway, and the show will probably deal with it expecting that to be the case.

Either way, enjoyed the season, but wish it had have focused on its bread-and-butter a bit more.

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Personally I would, it's not like it's eight days after individual episodes, not everyone likes to binge entire seasons at once.

People are normally pretty good with shows that have seasons drop all at once, but yes, it can be risky when you enter a thread like this, but again you're normally safe for a few weeks after it drops. I think it makes for a better discussion if people can post about the show as they watch it.

And I'm not sure why you'd assume that everyone is totally across the Atlanta child murders; the Manson Family and Son of Sam were much more well known I'd reckon, and anyway they weren't the basis for the season, so there was nothing to spoil. BTK is a bit different, as it's almost tangential to the main story and has been kicking around since the start, so I'd expect most people with an interest in the show would be up on that by now anyway, and the show will probably deal with it expecting that to be the case.

Either way, enjoyed the season, but wish it had have focused on its bread-and-butter a bit more.

It was a week after it appeared and not a binge

Do wat I do; wait until you’ve watched the Show before looking in a thread

Feb 16, 2010
President of Terror Squad
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arsenal
Her arc was the worst part of the show for me. I really don't care about your sexual orientation. It has nothing to do with anything.

Other than that it was great. Hopefully there isn't such a big wait between 2 and 3.
She is definitely the weakest character in the series probably my only real gripe about the show really

Feb 17, 2006
Terror Lake
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Isotopes
Just finished Season 2. Acting, writing and direction still good - very binge-worthy. While it was a little laboured at times, I did like the personal element for the 3 leads where each had a secret that they knew wouldn't go down well with the FBI culture still evolving from the Hoover years. It showed the difficulty of developing indicators of sociopathy and violence as distinct from the narrow norms of bureaucreatic subcultures. Maybe they're also laying the groundwork for the misuse of their techniques (eg. racial profiling)?

Finished season 2, was really good but a touch below season 1.

Ford throughout Atlanta kept defining the common characteristics of a serial killer and parallel to that plotline BTK just ticks all of those boxes, that very last scene was creepy AF with the victims licenses all lined up next to their newspaper clippings.

Feb 16, 2010
President of Terror Squad
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arsenal
Finished season 2, was really good but a touch below season 1.

Ford throughout Atlanta kept defining the common characteristics of a serial killer and parallel to that plotline BTK just ticks all of those boxes, that very last scene was creepy AF with the victims licenses all lined up next to their newspaper clippings.
It's a recreation of an actual photo btk took of himself, check google, I watched that right bedore I went to sleep, gave me nightmares lol

Great show. enjoyed it a lot again.

I see some complaints about the resolution of the Atlanta child killer story, but that doesn't make sense as that's how it ended in real life. The show is showing you the warts and all of real detective work. Although they caught the guy (who was brilliantly portrayed) they never got to pin all those murders on him which would have frustrated the hell out of many people.

Regarding the BTK stuff:

Btw, I don't think the show will ever see them catch BTK because that doesn't happen for at least 20 years. The show makers have included the footage of him to show that for all the work on profiling etc, that it doesn't always work/succeed.

Great show. enjoyed it a lot again.

I see some complaints about the resolution of the Atlanta child killer story, but that doesn't make sense as that's how it ended in real life. The show is showing you the warts and all of real detective work. Although they caught the guy (who was brilliantly portrayed) they never got to pin all those murders on him which would have frustrated the hell out of many people.

Regarding the BTK stuff:

Btw, I don't think the show will ever see them catch BTK because that doesn't happen for at least 20 years. The show makers have included the footage of him to show that for all the work on profiling etc, that it doesn't always work/succeed.
The politics of the Atlanta child murders investigation would have seemed all too familiar to anyone that ever watched The Wire I reckon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The politics of the Atlanta child murders investigation would have seemed all too familiar to anyone that ever watched The Wire I reckon.
Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

Feb 6, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Started watching this show recently, just watched the Manson episode. Scene/performance did a great job of not mythologizing the guy. Showed him as a guy with a philosophy that was pretty thin hocus pocus nonsense, but also a guy who was great at reading people and using that to manipulate them. Holden was starstruck and could definitely see Manson convincing him to kill someone if he was also out of his mind on drugs at the time.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Seems this is in doubt for a season 3 and a BTK resolution

Main actors have been released from their contracts. Fincher is busy with a Netflix movie and Love , Death Robots

It would be disappointing of its not picked up

Officially axed now, although the door has been left a little ajar.

=====

Mindhunter executive producer David Fincher has confirmed a third season of the show is not proceeding at Netflix – at least for now. There has been speculation about the show’s future after options on cast members Jonathan Groff, Holt McCallany, and Anna Torv expired earlier this year.

In an interview with Vulture, Fincher said at the beginning of season 2 he “ended up looking at what was written and deciding I didn’t like any of it, so we tossed it and started over.” He then promoted AD Courtenay Miles to co-showrunner, but said, “It absorbs everything in your life. When I got done, I was pretty exhausted, and I said, ‘I don’t know if I have it in me right now to break season three.’ I honestly don’t think we’re going to be able to do it for less than I did season two. And on some level, you have to be realistic — dollars have to equal eyeballs.”

A Netflix spokesperson did not rule out a future, advising “Maybe in five years.”

Back