Workshop Minimalist AFL logos

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon about half of those work and half don't
Agreed. The Heat, Hurricanes, and Stars are just an outline of the logos. Where you could just focus on a particular element of the logo, and still make it recognisable.

And the Scorchers could be mistaken for the Stars or a Sydney team.

Righto, bracing myself for ridicule but thought I'd share this premiers thing anyway. It's something I've been doing since about 2000 and I need to overhaul it for sure! Perhaps others here would like to do their own versions of it. Ugly but lovable to me, especially that picket fence in the SANFL one;).
upload_2016-12-30_12-25-5.png

I6RIyel.jpg

Had a go at the BBL Logos as well.

Righto, bracing myself for ridicule but thought I'd share this premiers thing anyway. It's something I've been doing since about 2000 and I need to overhaul it for sure! Perhaps others here would like to do their own versions of it. Ugly but lovable to me, especially that picket fence in the SANFL one;).
View attachment 323323
Crows go blue, red, yellow, not blue, yellow, red.

nice, reckon the circle needs to be around the renegades R and the scorchers ball is more iconic than their S imo.

Well the whole point of this is minimalist - so the circle around the R is essentially just their logo, and as for the Scorchers, their cricket ball motif is the opposite of minimal so it just doesn't work, and the "S" is recognisable enough, especially for us Perth folk, that it's the Scorchers logo.

I do agree the "R" looks odd without the circle but I think it's necessary for what I'm trying to achieve.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well the whole point of this is minimalist - so the circle around the R is essentially just their logo, and as for the Scorchers, their cricket ball motif is the opposite of minimal so it just doesn't work, and the "S" is recognisable enough, especially for us Perth folk, that it's the Scorchers logo.

I do agree the "R" looks odd without the circle but I think it's necessary for what I'm trying to achieve.
The S is the strikers thing imo but at the same time the ball doesn't really look right without the pinstripes so I guess the s is the best option. On the 'gades I see why you've dropped the circle given its rough look, but it kind of screws with the balance, the other seven logos are concentrated in the centre while the R is a bit higher.

The BBL teams leave much to be desired regarding branding. They don't reflect anything about the locality and were probably just default pictures in Word Art 2001.

Except the Scorchers.

I actually reckon they nailed that one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back