El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
A thread on the sportslogos forums was posted relating to this:

http://www.icethetics.info/blog/2013/3/14/nhl-logos-get-minimalist-treatment.html

0314-nhl-minimalized.png

It's ultra simplified, minimalist versions of the NHL team logos.

I thought it might be a bit of fun to have a crack at doing these for AFL teams, so I quickly knocked up a few of them

NJjpNL2.png

Trying to capture the essence of a club in as small amount of information as possible, while still keeping things sleek and beautiful.

I'm not happy with the Brisbane one as it's way too busy still.

Anyone else want to have a crack?

Last edited by a moderator:

I'll have a crack at a few others later.

Don't be shy everyone else, have a crack if you have a decent idea.

A thread on the sportslogos forums was posted relating to this:

http://www.icethetics.info/blog/2013/3/14/nhl-logos-get-minimalist-treatment.html

0314-nhl-minimalized.png

It's ultra simplified, minimalist versions of the NHL team logos.

I thought it might be a bit of fun to have a crack at doing these for AFL teams, so I quickly knocked up a few of them

NJjpNL2.png

Trying to capture the essence of a club in as small amount of information as possible, while still keeping things sleek and beautiful.

I'm not happy with the Brisbane one as it's way too busy still.

Anyone else want to have a crack?

The GWS G on its own is minimalist enough.

Brisbane's reminds me of The Lion King.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some of those are a little too complicated, CaNNaVo93. Adelaide's could simply use their old crow. Geelong's is perhaps a little complicated, maybe use the cat from their secondary logo? With Port, a simple thunderbolt would suffice. There's a tad too much detail on Brisbane's and Richmond's but there's not much you can really do about that. Bulldog's could use Robodog.

View attachment 13838
Also swapped MFC with trident
Saints needs the white, Maybe add windows to the bomber, bulldog is good, maybe add the sweep of the head to above the hawk? Oh and for the Lions, I agree with the quote about the Fitzroy Lion head
And that Giants one is sensational!!!!! :p

2i1mryf.png
2cyfxj7.png

Not too sure about these ones.

EDIT: If I get rid of that little bit on the bottom left on the Richmond one, it looks less cluttered.
smemwy.png

EDIT 2: If I get rid of it on both sides it looks even less cluttered.
291kwa8.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back