Mininera and District FL - Pre Season 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

This thread i have noticed is very boring and hardly gets used. I just want to say well done to Ararat this week on there win:thumbsu:

Heard a rumour that ewing was attacked after the game against Moyston, as he was going to his car, by a group of Moyston supporters, who where gobbing off all day about him. Apparently abused his wife. Hope it is not true!!!! Pretty weak if it is true. Anybody know anything about it???????

Thanks Beton, not the story i heard, but it was second hand, you were there so no reason not to believe you, so thanks for that, amazing how stories can be distorted. Suprised the league hasnt stepped in. Umpires didnt see anything????

So any news on what is happening with Great Western? there is a few whispers heading around. What does everyone know?
iv heard that the mininera league have now decided that they want to get rid of the bye so the vcfl will revisit their decision on great western at the years end

Well with interleague in most leagues this week i think it is fitting that we try and pick a team that would represent MDFL on current form. PS im from North end of league so may miss some talented players from Hawksdale etc.
Here goes:

B: D Mcarthur (Glen) A Jenkins (Ararat) W Loader (Lismore)

HB: G Ewing (Pens) S Lockyer (Moys) J Vanderwal (Moys)

C: A Maconachie (Taty) Jones (Caramut) McKenry (Penshurst)

HF: R Cahir (SMW) C Keilor (Bolac) J Cahir (SMW)

F: A Bell (Taty) T Lamont (Car) L Marshall (SMW)

R: B Keilor (Bolac) P Tucker (Taty) L Duncan (Bolac)

Int: J Bywaters (Moys) M Johnson (Taty) S White (Glen) J Forbes (SMW)

it was interesting to see hawksdale beat tatyoon the other week, did taty have a bad day or did it have something to do with the 5 or 6 players that were cleared to hawksdale for that weekend then cleared straight back to the hampton league???

Great year of community football on the MDFL. Very competitive, with 8 teams battling it out for 5 finals positions for most of the year. A good sign for the league. Only Worndoo and Eagles (second half of the year) struggling.

Eagles started with some handy coaches and a lot more genuine senior players than their last year in the LPFL. Lost to Bolac by 3 goals on both occasions, Glen by 2 and Moyston by 7, but ended up falling apart. Not sure what the story is at Eagles.

Anyway, I am sure all teams will be trying to lift the bar again and with not much of a gap between a lot of sides, should make for an interesting 2012.

1. Any chance of Eagles and Worndoo improving?
2. Any middle of the road sides able to catch the top 5?
3. Any top 5 sides going to be even stronger?
4. Will Skipton seek at move to MDFL in coming years?

I think Skipton are fairly happy with the start in the CHFL.

Eagles have a cultural issue and need a top down approach.

Worndoo will really struggle with numbers and $$$

From what i hear he is a good coach that the younger players look up to.
Clever footballer that just needs some fitness - could kick quite a few goals if fit.
Not sure about players - maybe his mate Simon Lockyier who is a handy CHB

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From what i hear he is a good coach that the younger players look up to.
Clever footballer that just needs some fitness - could kick quite a few goals if fit.
Not sure about players - maybe his mate Simon Lockyier who is a handy CHB

Last bit is not a chance.

I think he has wanted to coach for a few years now, including C/L and then Lexton. Couldn't imagine him putting in the time and proessionalism required to coach and build that club, but you never know. Can play though.

I think he has wanted to coach for a few years now, including C/L and then Lexton. Couldn't imagine him putting in the time and proessionalism required to coach and build that club, but you never know. Can play though.

He was a very good player for a long time at C/L, past it now though i would think. How old would he be, 33? I agree about putting in the time and professionalism with you Wella, rumour through out the old Lexton Plains was he never trained at C/L or Lexton. I suppose only time will tell if for 1 he even is coach and 2 if he is serious about the job or just after a retirement fund;).

He was a very good player for a long time at C/L, past it now though i would think. How old would he be, 33? I agree about putting in the time and professionalism with you Wella, rumour through out the old Lexton Plains was he never trained at C/L or Lexton. I suppose only time will tell if for 1 he even is coach and 2 if he is serious about the job or just after a retirement fund;).
Is it true?, If it is it will certainly be a boost for the Eagles, from all accounts he is a big unit that can play.

Is it true?, If it is it will certainly be a boost for the Eagles, from all accounts he is a big unit that can play.

Yes it is true, Stasse to coach Ararat, rumour has it he may have some key signings already. I know he has been working hard to make Ararat very competitive in 2012

Yes it is true, Stasse to coach Ararat, rumour has it he may have some key signings already. I know he has been working hard to make Ararat very competitive in 2012
Thats great news for the Eagles, Someone of his size and ability will certainly inject some much needed grunt into that team. The Eagles would be dissappointed with their 1st year in the MDFL, they had a very competative 1st half but fell away in the last part of the year, apparently they had significant injuires, they still have a good list with several former MDFL premiership players and some impressive youngsters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back