Mininera and District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way the TAC cup teams go about it in my opinion is all wrong.
for example, two players in the hampden league u16s last year. They were runner up and winner of the league best and fairest. Both got cut first round at falcons, not because of the fitness, skin folds, skill level.
but because they were under 175 centre metres tall.
now im not sure what rebels standards are, but surely if they have obvious ability they should be given a chance?
the game is turning into track stars and basketball players who have the skills drilled into them over intense pre seasons.
People might go against what im saying here, and frankly i dont care.
Fisher deserves the chance, Having heard storys from other youngsters who were matched up against him he has great ability.
Dudman, O'locklin, Clark, mcormack, noone and may are some names ive heard that will train with the rebels over summer.
Note;dudman noone and may are all under 175. so should be cut first round.
only time will tell

Plus they aren't nearly good enough!

The way the TAC cup teams go about it in my opinion is all wrong.
for example, two players in the hampden league u16s last year. They were runner up and winner of the league best and fairest. Both got cut first round at falcons, not because of the fitness, skin folds, skill level.
but because they were under 175 centre metres tall.
now im not sure what rebels standards are, but surely if they have obvious ability they should be given a chance?
the game is turning into track stars and basketball players who have the skills drilled into them over intense pre seasons.
People might go against what im saying here, and frankly i dont care.
Fisher deserves the chance, Having heard storys from other youngsters who were matched up against him he has great ability.
Dudman, O'locklin, Clark, mcormack, noone and may are some names ive heard that will train with the rebels over summer.
Note;dudman noone and may are all under 175. so should be cut first round.
only time will tell

I agree with bloods, but them small boys will still make greet footballers they should try n play the highest standard they can. Fisher showed that this year against grown men. I just hope he doesnt waste all his footy career in the MDFL, not saying thats a bad thing, but he needs to make the most of it. Cos he can play :thumbsu:

I don't know if I have under-rated him, as I have mentioned him and only two others his age from the whole league.

He is a great little footballer, but not sure he will do much more than play TAC Cup, basically because he is not the prototype player the AFL talent scouts are looking for, because of his size, or lack of it.

Andrew fits the bill perfectly for what the scouts will be looking for, athletism, blistering pace, long kick, agility, evasiveness......I would be very surprised if Andy doesn't play a lot of TAC, and get recognised heavily by AFL clubs. He is the type of player AFL clubs love to build-up and make into running machines.

Young McKenry is more similar to Luke, but being a bit bigger may get more opportunity as well. They are both attuned to winning more of their own footy, compared with Andy who is predominantly a run and carry player at this stage.

yeh well il tell u now that fisher is ahead of maconachie 2 play tac cup next yr at this stage... and your dead rite bloods those 3 boys as well as dave astbury are the only ones that i believe have any chance of games next year... fisher and astbury both played games last year... good luck 2 all the young boys trying out thou, dont think u cant make it, get in really good shape and your half way there... (playing ballarat school footy is also a fair advantage)

Will Colins played with Glen-Dunkeld and will probably play under-18s with Hamilton or Imperials in WBFL. He is the perfect size, but has been overlooked also.

James North and Taylor McKenry are both true talents. a year with Grant Ewing and Justin Eales will only improve their football.

On other news: Apparently Rory Neeson is joining the Rams along with an impressive list of other Imps players.
Imps are being crippled and it's not just the stars that are leaving, but the good twos players that will be more than handy in the MDFL.
With a never ending money pot to lure players with, Glen Dunkeld will be a force in '09

Will Colins played with Glen-Dunkeld and will probably play under-18s with Hamilton or Imperials in WBFL. He is the perfect size, but has been overlooked also.

James North and Taylor McKenry are both true talents. a year with Grant Ewing and Justin Eales will only improve their football.

On other news: Apparently Rory Neeson is joining the Rams along with an impressive list of other Imps players.
Imps are being crippled and it's not just the stars that are leaving, but the good twos players that will be more than handy in the MDFL.
With a never ending money pot to lure players with, Glen Dunkeld will be a force in '09

Let's hope that 'never ending money pot', doesn't take the committee's eyes off the ball, when it comes to saving the Rams Under 16 team.

They'll have more than one disgruntled parent to deal with if they fcuk that up!

How old is rory neeson?

definitely sounds like glen and penshurst are leading everyone else at this stage... no its extremely early but think everyone else is lagging at this stage...

definitely sounds like glen and penshurst are leading everyone else at this stage... no its extremely early but think everyone else is lagging at this stage...

How ya mean lagging buddy?

A lot of other clubs may be getting large recruits but havent made them formal.

yeh well il tell u now that fisher is ahead of maconachie 2 play tac cup next yr at this stage... and your dead rite bloods those 3 boys as well as dave astbury are the only ones that i believe have any chance of games next year... fisher and astbury both played games last year... good luck 2 all the young boys trying out thou, dont think u cant make it, get in really good shape and your half way there... (playing ballarat school footy is also a fair advantage)

yeah they are all great players and they all deserve there chance at playing TAC cup footy, and yes it does suck if your small and you don't get picked because i think if your got the talent and the right attitude you should be given a chance no matter how tall or small you are, just look a brent harvey and delidio and retired bulldog star libertorae all players made AFL careers from being small, they are and were superstars of the game so i think size shouldn't matter if they are capable

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How ya mean lagging buddy?

A lot of other clubs may be getting large recruits but havent made them formal.

Yeah very true big hawk every club is on a high during pre season because they all think they have got the recruits to improve on last season, lets hope that is the case.

Started ya pre season yet big hawk

Yeah very true big hawk every club is on a high during pre season because they all think they have got the recruits to improve on last season, lets hope that is the case.

Started ya pre season yet big hawk

Funny ya mention that mate went for a 6k run last night :D

Payed for it this morning though!!

You started yet skip?

yeah they are all great players and they all deserve there chance at playing TAC cup footy, and yes it does suck if your small and you don't get picked because i think if your got the talent and the right attitude you should be given a chance no matter how tall or small you are, just look a brent harvey and delidio and retired bulldog star libertorae all players made AFL careers from being small, they are and were superstars of the game so i think size shouldn't matter if they are capable

Hey there Skip,

I know Libba and Boomer Harvey are small, but Brett Deledio is 189cm and 89kg's, which puts him well over six foot mate.......a fraction bigger than small, but I know what your saying all the same.:thumbsu:

Hey there Skip,

I know Libba and Boomer Harvey are small, but Brett Deledio is 189cm and 89kg's, which puts him well over six foot mate.......a fraction bigger than small, but I know what your saying all the same.:thumbsu:

Haha sorry mate my mistake, soon as i posted it i thought i shouldn't have put his name there:p

Have a look before you shoot off big mouth.

I am not arguing about which comp is stronger......my comment was that using practice matches is a poor guide. I know for a fact Taty had half their side missing from that game. No one is full strength in practice matches, let alone in peak condition.

So comparing whose better from that argument is flawed for many reasons.

It is the first time I have posted re this argument and last.

I don't give a s**t which league is stronger, but you experts seem to have all the answers.
Good point practice match is not a good way to compare sides taty had players out and navare had there roosters and rebels players out of the sides aswell so emagine if navare had them in it might of been 50goals win...i watched both leagues this year and taty seniors would of missed out in finals at lexton plains but who cares...they are still the team to beat this year in the mininera dfl coming of three premierships what a effort...good luck to whoever beats them

Good point practice match is not a good way to compare sides taty had players out and navare had there roosters and rebels players out of the sides aswell so emagine if navare had them in it might of been 50goals win...i watched both leagues this year and taty seniors would of missed out in finals at lexton plains but who cares...they are still the team to beat this year in the mininera dfl coming of three premierships what a effort...good luck to whoever beats them

actually mate those roosters players player... driscol touched it bout a hundred times and kicked bout 7... but hey your probably right, taty are still behind the likes of carnham... but not that far in my opinion... we might find out just how far in the next couple of years...

any news on how bolac, rovers, worndoo or caramut are going bloods and if anyone has signed on? seems there is enough said about the others on here... heard a rumour that mayb a certain ex afl rookie 2 return to bolac... dont think its true but if so would bring some other decent guys with him i would of thought...

actually mate those roosters players player... driscol touched it bout a hundred times and kicked bout 7... but hey your probably right, taty are still behind the likes of carnham... but not that far in my opinion... we might find out just how far in the next couple of years...

haha yeah driscol is just a freak and deserves his spot in the roosters line up.

What you think taty might head over to join the lexton plains league in the years to come lose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back