Mega Thread Minnesota Timberwolves Thread - The Finch Era begins

Remove this Banner Ad

What would you guys conceivably give up for Faried? Even Nuggets fans can't agree on a price.
Thats the thing. what do we have which we're willing to give? Pick 5? won't be the superstar Denver want. Pick 5 for Faried is steep as well.

Lavine? We would ask for more.

Rubio? You already have two capable guards.

Wiggins? Wont be trading him.

Kat? Nah

All i can see is something like Shabazz+Pick 5+Future first for Pick 7+Faried

Thats the thing. what do we have which we're willing to give? Pick 5? won't be the superstar Denver want. Pick 5 for Faried is steep as well.

Lavine? We would ask for more.

Rubio? You already have two capable guards.

Wiggins? Wont be trading him.

Kat? Nah

All i can see is something like Shabazz+Pick 5+Future first for Pick 7+Faried

We'd do Faried for 5 for sure I think... Wondering if Faried+15 for 5 would get it done?

Dunn looks a solid player but I'm really, really unsure about the fit. Don't mind the selection, just interested to see how we utilise him and what becomes of Ricky now.

bit p*ssed off with the selection. Murray would have been a better fit (he can score). Not sure Rubio and Dunn and play together (neither can score). Will be spewing if Thibs moves Ricky.

I buy the "best player available" argument with Dunn; the wolves have drafted length, athleticism and defensive chops. I'm ok with it but would have been just as happy with Hield.

I'm ok not attracting Noah at that money. If Parsons is interested in Memphis, surely the Wolves are in with a shot.

Not a strong class this summer. I'd say next year with 2nd year towns and 3rd year Wiggins performances in the books it's a different story. Grab some bench depth this season and move on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bazemore, Deng, Courtney Lee, Willie Reed, Tolliver, Bass, Humphries the players I've seen us linked to so far.

A season?! God damn.

How much is the cap rising? Deng would be a good back up. I'd like him to come over.

What's gonna happen with Pek? Any ideas?
Not sure on the cap rise but I think somebody on here mentioned we'd have about $25M to spend.

Don't think we move Pek this year, it's just not worth it. We would have to attach a significant asset to him and get nothing in return, and looking at the market that $12M isn't buying us much more. Next season's the better option, when he may be even vaguely moveable.

We're on the hook for $63m right now IIRC, so around 30m?

Bazemore at $20m gives me pause. Much rather get Deng and look at some 2nd and 3rd tier FA's. E'twaun Moore no thank you.

Good opportunity to use cap space to accept trades for teams jettisoning talent too. Mo Harkless or Ed Davis out of Portland, Redick out of the Clips if they get any traction with Durant, etc.

Apparently we were top bid for Lee also.

We should look for some bench depth like Lance Thomas or make a run at Festus Ezeli.

I gather we like Myers Leonard.

Yep, saw Leonard named today as well, alongside Sloan and Haslem.

Twitter is feral and turning on Thibs already. I'm totally fine with us being cautious. Disappointing to miss out on Lee/Deng as I think they're two that would have offered us a lot, but I'm ok with missing most of the others that have switched teams.

Last edited:
Apparently we were top bid for Lee also.

We should look for some bench depth like Lance Thomas or make a run at Festus Ezeli.

I gather we like Myers Leonard.

Ezeli can play. But doubt we comes to us to sit behind KAT. Ezeli is worth more money than a lot of C's signed up this free agency. Harkless would be good. We need to spend some cash someone to make up the cap limit I spose?

Ezeli can play. But doubt we comes to us to sit behind KAT. Ezeli is worth more money than a lot of C's signed up this free agency. Harkless would be good. We need to spend some cash someone to make up the cap limit I spose?

We need to spend 20m to get to the cap floor (84m)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back