Mega Thread Minnesota Timberwolves Thread - The Finch Era begins

Remove this Banner Ad

Nerlens Noel for Tyus Jones and Zach Lavine a fair deal?

KG buyout on its way, with Garnett reportedly leaning towards retirement. Sounds as though Taylor backed away from the Flip-driven commitment for KG to become a part-owner. Disappointing way to go out. Hopefully no animosity there.
Bad news

Our future is safe once Taylor doesn't have control, I have the feeling this is Taylor not wanting to sell anymore and KG hating Taylors guts

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who starts in the backcourt? Which big plays with Towns?
Rubio's a lock and Dunn and LaVine will fight it out for the starting two spot. LaVine an infinitely better shooter, Dunn an infinitely better defender.

As for bigs, talk is that Thibs really likes Bjelica - will be interesting to see how he fits into the rotation. You'd think it's probably between Hill and Dieng on opening night though.

Rubio's a lock and Dunn and LaVine will fight it out for the starting two spot. LaVine an infinitely better shooter, Dunn an infinitely better defender.

As for bigs, talk is that Thibs really likes Bjelica - will be interesting to see how he fits into the rotation. You'd think it's probably between Hill and Dieng on opening night though.
That's interesting. I don't think Thibs has have used a small 4, as a starter at least.

I know it's only preseason but I haven't been overly impressed with the Wolves. They should be crushing the team the Nuggets have put out there.

I know it's only preseason but I haven't been overly impressed with the Wolves. They should be crushing the team the Nuggets have put out there.
Despite the media's fuss things were never going to turn around immediately. We're still mostly the same team with the same issues. A better bench, coach and natural growth should see us improve over the course of the year but it wasn't going to change overnight.

We're sixth in defensive rating after three games and are taking a fair few more threes. Look more fluid, particularly defensively. The signs are there.

Defense is looking 300% better. I don't think we needed much coaching on offense. We've been trash on that end since KG left

Wouldn't take too much from stats in preseason.. Can get kind of inflated when you play your proper rotation against 1 starter, 6 bench and 5 camp invites. :p

Great article by Harper. Some of the figures are extraordinary:
Over the last two seasons, the Wolves were outscored behind the 3-point line by 578. That’s not 578 points. That’s 578 3-pointers. They were outscored by 1,734 points from behind the 3-point line over their last 164 games. That almost seems impossible, right?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back