Mega Thread Minnesota Timberwolves Thread - The Finch Era begins

Remove this Banner Ad

"According to Marc Stein, the Knicks are seeking an additional piece from the Wolves to complete the Rose for Rubio trade. Stein updated at 12:37 PM that the two sides remain engaged on talks."

Wow new York
Yeah they wanted Belly apparently.

Supposedly they were prepared to do a straight swap at the deadline but Thibs wanted more.

Anyone follow the draft? Who look like being the best fits for us?

Whoever we pick has to be able to defend their position. Non-negotiable.

lauri markkanen Would be a pretty good fit next to KAT. Although he could go top 5. Dunno where our pick lands.

Markelle Fultz looks a dead set star

Jayson Tatum another who adds shooting and good rim protection.

What's the general feel from everyone. Are we aiming for a guard or a PF to pair with KAT

lauri markkanen Would be a pretty good fit next to KAT. Although he could go top 5. Dunno where our pick lands.

Markelle Fultz looks a dead set star

Jayson Tatum another who adds shooting and good rim protection.

What's the general feel from everyone. Are we aiming for a guard or a PF to pair with KAT
Markkanen seems to be an awful defender from what I've heard, not sure we can afford that. Tatum seems like Wiggins 2.0 (which isn't necessarily a bad thing).

I like the sound of Robert Williams. Very raw, but he seems the best fit from my limited knowledge.

A power forward would be best case scenario I think, but above all we need talent. If there's a complementary wing or point available I wouldn't say no.

I'll be frank. We've absolutely went backwards this year. We've ****ed around Rubio. Pressed hard to get rid of him. Vocally anointed Dunn as our of for the future

Dunn is a worse shooter then Rubio. I think we need to send out Rubio at this point and go for D Smith or Fox. We still lack playmakers outside of Rubio.

1.proper vet PF. Someone who can rebound. Play without the ball. Honestly d favors or Booker or something along those lines
2. A Of who can defend. Shoot the 3. He doesn't have to be athletic. I would take a Delly clone.

So to me find out what f/a we can sign then draft high for the other position

Markkanen seems to be an awful defender from what I've heard, not sure we can afford that. Tatum seems like Wiggins 2.0 (which isn't necessarily a bad thing).

I like the sound of Robert Williams. Very raw, but he seems the best fit from my limited knowledge.

A power forward would be best case scenario I think, but above all we need talent. If there's a complementary wing or point available I wouldn't say no.

What you have heard about Markkanen is pretty much spot on. I think he has massive amounts of room to grow still. Tatum would be a pretty safe pick I think. If we had a pick out side the top 8. Malik Monk is a flat out scorer and could fill Bazz's role if he leaves next season. Think he has huge potential as well. We could go anywhere from 2-10.

Williams is the Aggies player yeah? I honestly haven't seen much of him. Pretty much the top 10 Scouted guys is who I keep an eye on.

I'll be frank. We've absolutely went backwards this year. We've ****** around Rubio. Pressed hard to get rid of him. Vocally anointed Dunn as our of for the future

Dunn is a worse shooter then Rubio. I think we need to send out Rubio at this point and go for D Smith or Fox. We still lack playmakers outside of Rubio.

1.proper vet PF. Someone who can rebound. Play without the ball. Honestly d favors or Booker or something along those lines
2. A Of who can defend. Shoot the 3. He doesn't have to be athletic. I would take a Delly clone.

So to me find out what f/a we can sign then draft high for the other position

Agreed. It hasn't been thah great. Jordan Hill I thought could help us a lot and he has hardly played.

Would holding onto Rubio have to do with Salary reasoN? Next season he will be our highest paid player (maybe Dieng) KG will come off the books as will Pek possible. And we aren't paying Wigs, Lavine for another year. So we kinda need to pay someone or keep the paid up guys that we have. Not sure if I have the right idea with how all his works

What you have heard about Markkanen is pretty much spot on. I think he has massive amounts of room to grow still. Tatum would be a pretty safe pick I think. If we had a pick out side the top 8. Malik Monk is a flat out scorer and could fill Bazz's role if he leaves next season. Think he has huge potential as well. We could go anywhere from 2-10.

Williams is the Aggies player yeah? I honestly haven't seen much of him. Pretty much the top 10 Scouted guys is who I keep an eye on.
Yeah, I don't expect a draftee to be an elite defender straight out of the box, but I think whoever we draft needs to have shown the scope to develop into one. Don't think we can carry too many more guys with questionable or inconsistent D.

Yeah. I don't know a lot about him, or any of the draftees for that matter, but he just sounds like a nice fit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just popped in to say jesus KAT is a freaking star
This bloke has potential be an all time great

so since the trade deadline the wolves are legitimately playing some of the best basketball iv seen watching this franchise.
I'm actually looking forward to the golden state game tomorrow I hope they can keep executing on defense

so since the trade deadline the wolves are legitimately playing some of the best basketball iv seen watching this franchise.
I'm actually looking forward to the golden state game tomorrow I hope they can keep executing on defense
It's awesome.

Bjelica has really stepped up defensively, basically all of them have, We're letting Rubio do his thing and turns out he's a net positive.

All this and no Lavine

:thumbsu:
It presents a problem

Now we were improving W/ LaVine.

However, Two things are going to happen

1.Lavine is going to take the Shabazz role, Play 22 MPG as a PG/SG, learn to defend and practise shooting

2.He's gonna get traded

Wiggins/Lavine cant play together, I think overall Lavine has the potential to be overall better then Wiggins. But i dont see them getting the best on the same team. Happy to be wrong

It presents a problem

Now we were improving W/ LaVine.

However, Two things are going to happen

1.Lavine is going to take the Shabazz role, Play 22 MPG as a PG/SG, learn to defend and practise shooting

2.He's gonna get traded

Wiggins/Lavine cant play together, I think overall Lavine has the potential to be overall better then Wiggins. But i dont see them getting the best on the same team. Happy to be wrong
Something's gotta give. I'm hoping Bjeli / Bazz get enough currency while LaVine's out to help us get decent cover in the 4/5

I thought it was starting to gel when LaVine got hurt.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back