Mega Thread Minnesota Timberwolves Thread - The Finch Era begins

Remove this Banner Ad

Belly going down has really smashed our momentum, we've been really poor since then. The Lakers loss in particular was diabolical - carbon copy of early season Minnesota.

Ahh well - with playoffs now little more than a pipe dream, another top ten pick will do nicely.

If anybody in the organisation even considered Rubio for Rose for a millisecond they should be sacked. Ricky on an absolute tear.
Im just happy for him, he is proving a lot of people wrong at the moment.
He has has always been the best thing about this franchise for me which is weird because of Towns & Love are obviously far superior players, but there is something different about Ricky. His heart, flair, professionalism and want to win just set him apart from every other player we have had during his time at the wolves (not including KG).
It says something that Aldelman, Saunders and now Thibodeau were all not fans but each of them have come around.
As someone said during the last game the highlight of this year was NOT trading Rubio for Rose and i couldnt agree more

Leaked:

ctyp+timberwolves+logo.png

I love it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Full post-season presser from Thibs:

Some notes:
  • Thinks our core improved significantly but they still need to understand that defence is synonymous with winning, change and improve
  • Spoke about building around Towns, Wiggins and LaVine (and seems committed to the latter)
  • Happy with our vastly improved rebounding margin
  • Consistency on defence needs to be better
  • Losing Belly really hurt us as we were starting to play good defence - missed his size, rebounding in particular
  • Thinks experience is important but also says it's important to look at the young guys and make sure the "windows" match up
  • Had money last season - didn't get the players we tried to get, but we also didn't misuse the money. Gives us great flexibility going forward
  • Very complementary of Zach and his adherence to rehabilitation, but says he doesn't want anything skipped over - he's ready when he's ready
  • Thought there were a lot of games that we could have won
  • Offensively - aside from 3pt, which we know we need to improve - he thought we were very good
  • Defence too up and down - improvement here has to start with Towns and Wiggins
  • Thinks there's a better understanding on his part, and on the players' part, of what we're trying to do
  • Ricky "got better and better as the season went on;" thought the early injury slowed him
  • Thinks the 3 will come for Rubio - "he's right there"
  • He always thought Rubio was a good player; "until you coach a player you don't know them"
  • Very complimentary of Rubio's work ethic
  • Overall sung Rubio's praises and implied that he won him over
  • Wants the team's approach to the off-season to be aggressive
  • Loved the way Dunn played defensively, but wants him to cut down on fouling
  • Liked Dunn's flexibility; spoke about him being able to guard 1 through 3
  • Wants to address our depth, seemed disappointed in our inability to cover LaVine and Belly
  • Wants to bring Bazz back; is "optimistic"
  • Spoke about wanting to get Dieng and LaVine as much time together on the court as possible, even if one starts and one doesn't, for example
  • Likes the flexibility of some of our guys to play with both the starters and the bench unit (singled out G, Towns and LaVine) and will continue to look at that
  • Really happy with Bjelica's ability to step up after Zach went down
  • Needs include defence, shot blocking, wing defence and shooting

Last edited:
And the other options at 7 may be able to defend and may be able to shoot. May....

7 foot and lights out. He has one definate nba quality. Thibs can make him an ok defender

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

And the other options at 7 may be able to defend and may be able to shoot. May....

7 foot and lights out. He has one definate nba quality. Thibs can make him an ok defender

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Thibs already has his hands full turning the guys not named Rubio into defenders.

I'm leaning towards Zac Collins in the draft. A rebounder and defender to play next to KAT. Let's face it, scoring is not a problem. Dieng to the bench to form a 2nd unit of himself, Dunn Muhammad (if signed) and Lavine (sign a 3&D
SF and Wiggins plays Sg)

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/zach-collins

I honestly think it will be Isaac if available or a trade for a an above average SF with a bigger body so Wiggins can play SG more and Zach come off the bench

Remove this Banner Ad

Back