Mega Thread Minnesota Timberwolves Thread - The Finch Era begins

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick take after 30 games

**Edwards becoming the man, His overall game has grown heaps in 10 games. Went from sulking a little bit, He's taking more of the offensive load, and *GASP learning how to playmake without having to run PNR, he's figuring out how his offense can create oppotunity for others rather being the mythical playmaking amazing passer people expect/demand from him

Contract year D'lo is something else, I dont think there has been much better players then him last 10 games, He's playing off Edwards so well, and Previously posted before Edwards, He's getting a LOT of good looks because of Edwards, He isnt forcing s*t, He's taking the EASY open shot, hence his *** TS would be something upwards of 55/60%. He doesnt have to be a 40% 3p Shooter, But he just didnt have to be garbage

NAZ ******* REID
NAZ ******* REID
NAZ ******* REID

Mobile and just an offensive threat

We've looked so much better, Once Kat comes in I think we'll have to remove him from the Post, let him operate purely from the Elbows and corners, He might only be a 15-20 PPG guy from now on, But if he hits 35% from 3, We're going to be a LOT better offensively

Gobert, Not a fan of the trade, But dunker spot and learn to catch? We good Homie, lots of good games, Lots of bad

This is a good run without Prince/KAT, Inserting Anderson has been great as it's another guy who can pass, which gives more oppotunity for McDaniels to be aggressive, He plays better when he gets 5/10 looks a game and He's been an amazing defender for us

Confident we at worst make the play-in, Good signs
Agree with most of this.

Positives:
  • Anderson is a perfect fit, his passing is a dream with this group
  • DLo playing off-ball is back to his best, does raise the ? of what to do at PG long-term
  • Ant's development of late is unreal, ball handling + defence when he's switched on is fantastic
  • Naz Reid
  • Rivers has had a huge past couple of weeks, big for us if he can keep it up
  • McDaniels' growth (predominantly fouling less)
  • Moore Jr's flashes of brilliance on the defensive end
  • Interior defence is much improved

Negatives:
  • Bryn Forbes, bro what the *
  • Gobert's hands
  • 3pt defence is atrocious
    • This is specifically a point of attack issue, we just let so many guys by and then have to scramble to defend kick outs
    • Transition D also ****ed
  • Rebounding still a problem even with Gobert
  • Nowell's had trouble filling the slot we need him to
  • Shooting is horribly inconsistent
  • McDaniels' inconsistent offence

Remaining questions:
  • Is Ant going to embrace what we've seen from him of late with a full team or is he going to go back to sulking and not playing D?
  • What's the mid-to-long term solution at PG?
  • How do we get this group operating effectively with the two bigs back? Ant has made it clear that he prefers us playing small and we've had trouble getting them all to gel

Overall, atrocious start, but things picking up. Disappointing to see that our biggest issues from last year are still an issue though.

Considering no extension has been signed, We will try to deal him

Now I've said s**t about D'lo Plenty of times , Was hyped to get him, Still positive to move off Wiggins

AND he's probably playing as good as he ever has right now

AND he's starting to develop good chemisty with Rudy, The best on our team bar KAT

What we've played well, And going forward what we need in a line-up, He doesnt fit,

What he does well, We dont need, What he doesnt, is what we need, We kinda dont need shot making, We need McDaniels to develop that

We'll run a lot better via Edwards-McDaniels-Slowmo-KAT-Gobert, Hybrid of play-making and size, D'lo isnt athletic, so he doesnt rebound, sure thats not a guards job, but its something we need to address, our bigger lineups help

Lack of D'lo also has caused our team to move the ball so much better, I think getting the team moving better and sharing beats D'lo controlling, Which in terms what ANT should be looking to do, Team movement works better with Rudy as well,

Plus, Dlo is gonna cost us like 25-30, He will cost some other team 20m. It's not worth it cost-wise,

Considering no extension has been signed, We will try to deal him

Now I've said s**t about D'lo Plenty of times , Was hyped to get him, Still positive to move off Wiggins

AND he's probably playing as good as he ever has right now

AND he's starting to develop good chemisty with Rudy, The best on our team bar KAT

What we've played well, And going forward what we need in a line-up, He doesnt fit,

What he does well, We dont need, What he doesnt, is what we need, We kinda dont need shot making, We need McDaniels to develop that

We'll run a lot better via Edwards-McDaniels-Slowmo-KAT-Gobert, Hybrid of play-making and size, D'lo isnt athletic, so he doesnt rebound, sure thats not a guards job, but its something we need to address, our bigger lineups help

Lack of D'lo also has caused our team to move the ball so much better, I think getting the team moving better and sharing beats D'lo controlling, Which in terms what ANT should be looking to do, Team movement works better with Rudy as well,

Plus, Dlo is gonna cost us like 25-30, He will cost some other team 20m. It's not worth it cost-wise,
Agree with all of this - is there anyone you see as a better fit that's attainable? That big lineup won't always work in terms of match ups. We really need another guard who brings some security with ball in hand, because Nowell certainly ain't that. A vet playmaker would be an incredible fit.

Streaky
Defensive effort kind of doesnt fit in what with were building

Plus
2024/2045 we could be paying Edwards 32M and Quite possibly Jaden Mcdaniels somewhere between 25m and 32m for 5 years, so thats at best case 148M in 4 players in 2 years, We cant Sign Dlo to more then 2 years, Will he take that?

With Bally Sports possibly going under it might hurt the salary cap rise as well, so means the idea of big money for players now and the cap will grow might be off for a little while

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sell high on D lo
Teams surely know what DLo is by now, which means they know this shooting streak will end eventually and then you'll be carrying a negative player on a max contract until he hits his next one. I doubt his value is high despite his form.

Love the trade.. I don’t really have high hopes for NAW but love the Conley move has played with Gobert and a young star SG in Mitchell so could compliment Edwards well

The seconds were a surprise, reasonably happy with the outcome. Conley should be a better fit, I just wish he wasn't 35.

Can anyone tell me anything about NAW?
Good defensive tools. Best basketballer in his family (GTFO SGA). Canadian so cold weather won't scare him. Good rebounder for size. Good in transition. Size means he can guard wings

Bad?
Inconsistent. Good at driving to rim. And average at finishing and isn't athletic for NBA level in terms of burst and leap. Can shoot. But streaky. Not a traditional playmaker in the half court.

Worth a flyer. But If he doesn't work out, it's ok.

Also wolves beat-riders have come out and said DLO was trashing Gobert Infront of players in the locker-room. To opposition coaches and players. No wonder we didn't want to keep him even with his hot hand

shocker

I love the strategy or surrounding Edwards and McDaniels with good vets from winning cultures over talented players that never seem to win

Kept composure with an all time Kyrie Quarter (He scored 26 in the last quarter)

Good signs, we're probably in the top third of defensive teams, Gobert while people have shat on him, is quietly having a good season, I still worry about offensive punch, But I mean, we have a dude coming back apparently which could help?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back