Mega Thread Minnesota Timberwolves Thread - The Finch Era begins

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm finally starting to come around to trusting this team. Historically the last two years we have struggled with McDaniels out and often don't take teams seriously when they are missing stars. It's a nice feeling.

I'm finally starting to come around to trusting this team. Historically the last two years we have struggled with McDaniels out and often don't take teams seriously when they are missing stars. It's a nice feeling.
I find myself constantly moving my own goal posts. "If we can make it out of this road trip alive," "If we can push a couple more contenders," "If KAT can keep this up for longer than a few games,"... I've been hurt too many times to start counting my chickens, but jeez, we look a different team at the moment.

helps so much having mini mcdaniels (NAW). i think having DLO out of the picture doesn't hurt either.

helps so much having mini mcdaniels (NAW). i think having DLO out of the picture doesn't hurt either.

doesn't hurt? its literally everything.
Even at 36 having a pure point guard run this team has been a god send (not to mention actually defending and rebounding).
Gobert needs to be spoon fed the ball near the rim and both ANT/KAT are getting the ball in the flow of the offence not just 'taking turns'.
Both those guys have the ability to make really hard shots and that often leads to them trying to do 'too-much' and clogging up the offence, but Conley with the help of Anderson are keeping it all pretty balanced, plenty of assist throughout the whole rotation.

They are never going to put up 150 like the pacers but this is so much more solid, without a serious injury they can make a title run.

Conley also has exactly temperament you need to close games out, and I think that is rubbing off on other players. That game winning play against Golden State last week where Ant (made the right play) drew 3 defenders and kicked out to Conley in the corner for the game winner. The look Mike gave ANT was classic, you just know just know that's something he has been working on with ANT for a while.

No Ant
No Jaden

No problem

So far the KAT/Rudy thing is working a lot better, and NAW stepped up
TBJ, too. Played well the past few games, looks a better option than Milton currently.

crazy to think the offence isn't even really firing yet. i hope ants hip comes good and we get jaden back soon because after the grizzlies game it's something like 16 straight against over .500 teams.

My god Anderson’s shooting slump is painful to watch. Rudy carrying this team again tonight though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

okay this team is the truth. down 15 in the first. ANT goes 3/19. and they still manage to just grind down the mavs at home to win by nearly 20. absolutely crazy.

naz reid

Game of the year this morning. Was trying to keep it under wraps in the office, but some of those plays at the end were incredible.

the okc loss hurt but i am actually glad they lost that. absolute mess of a 4th.

The worst loss of the year by far, with Kat and Ant holding most of the blame.
TBH, I can forgive Ant. He was a last-minute call to play with illness. He wasn't feeling it, so he at least focused on taking care of the ball and kept it moving in Conley's absence. Defence obviously awful and started forcing shots at the end, but he's young and had an off game with illness.

The last quarter from KAT was absolutely unacceptable from a leader. Point chasing, selfish basketball.

Don't get me wrong, the whole squad has questions to answer as a result of that game. But KAT showed off every frustration everyone has with him. He's been around long enough to know that he isn't changing. Phenomenally talented player, but way too often an idiotic headcase on the court.

That's a good win in OKC without Mike. Needed to find a way in the 4th after a couple of s**t ones
Actually rocked up defensively which is a nice change.

We need to find our offence at some point this season, but when our defence is on we can win regardless. For that 15 game patch we just lost all intensity. Good model for what we're looking for today.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back